Return Of The Living Dead II (1987)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return Of The Living Dead II (1987)

"Return Of The Living Dead Part 2".....Not as awesome as the 1st, but still a fun and entertaining sequel. Alot better than Part 3 too. Terrific brain gore and zombie make up. James Karen and Thom Matthews return for this chapter and deliver there wonderful comic and dramatic performances. The sexy and suave Dana Ashbrook as "Tom" is pretty good. I love the character of the ditzy/high spirited "Brenda" played by Suzanne Snyder. What a riot! The doc was another fun character. Marsha Dietleine as "Lucy" is very weak and the character and actress were annoying half of the time. I also like how this time around they were able to find a way to actually kill the zombies. Loved the cemetery scene with the corpses breaking out of the ground. The talking head was funny at the end too. "Dont hit a girl when she's down"!! LMAO!! A very entertaining flick!

8/10

I love this movie. I first saw this when I was very young and it was a instant hit with me. I remember when I was in 4th grade reccomending it for an all night horror marathon some friends and I had and veryone loved it.

"Can you tell me who the current president is?"

"...Harry Truman."

Comment

The second installment gets a lot of hate it seems.
      It is a personal fave of mine, but I must say I do prefer part 3 more.

Comment

Just watched this last night for the first time in awhile, enjoyable flick.

[youtube]ecm8UdsBge0[/youtube]

Comment

awesome and cheesy with hints of eerie moments throughout. a personal favorite of mine.

Comment

Pt. II is criminally underrated. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

- The "bag man" bit is hilarious.
            - The zombie makeup rocks.
            - The pacing is great.
            - Not only is Brenda smokin' hot in her denim getup, she can cave in zombie faces with her fist.
            - It spoofs Michael Jackson, who was and will forever be an overrated pop icon.
            - The halved zombie in the hospital is awesome.
            - The main kid star is a great actor and puts those kids in Monster Squad to shame.
            - The song that plays during the resurrection scene is classic.
            - The bully was a great casting choice.
            - The severed hand gives a welcome nod to Evil Dead II.
            - The returning cast members provide better performances than they did in Pt. I.
            - "Brenda your brains smell so good, so rich and spicy." "Spicy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen View Post
              Pt. II is criminally underrated. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

- The "bag man" bit is hilarious.
              - The zombie makeup rocks.
              - The pacing is great.
              - Not only is Brenda smokin' hot in her denim getup, she can cave in zombie faces with her fist.
              - It spoofs Michael Jackson, who was and will forever be an overrated pop icon.
              - The halved zombie in the hospital is awesome.
              - The main kid star is a great actor and puts those kids in Monster Squad to shame.
              - The song that plays during the resurrection scene is classic.
              - The bully was a great casting choice.
              - The severed hand gives a welcome nod to Evil Dead II.
              - The returning cast members provide better performances than they did in Pt. I.
              - "Brenda your brains smell so good, so rich and spicy." "Spicy?"
              LOL...I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
                The second installment gets a lot of hate it seems.
                It is a personal fave of mine, but I must say I do prefer part 3 more.
                part 3 more? you serious?

Comment

1 > 2 > 3

I loved part 2. It was goofy and had some scares and was a bit meta and just a lot of fun. It was one of my favorite horror movies as a kid, along with The Gate.
                  "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

Great film, I actually like it more than the original but part 3 is my favorite of the franchise

Comment

"klownz666"

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
                        Great film, I actually like it more than the original but part 3 is my favorite of the franchise

All three are good times, but the first is easily the best. I'd rank them 1, 3, 2.

Comment

"The first is the best"

Comment

Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
                            "The first is the best"

Comment

Yea I rolled my eyes to when you facepalmed me for having a different opinion to your own

Comment

Working...
                              X