The Beyond (1981) Lucio Fulci

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beyond (1981) Lucio Fulci

It's a travesty that a thread didn't already exist for this. This is one of Fulci's classics, following a woman who takes over a small hotel in Louisiana. As she restores the house, she finds hidden passages and learns that the structure is built over one of the entrances to hell.

Fulci mixes classic zombie scares with some of the best atmosphere ever displayed in a horror movie, along with a few wonderfully schlocky scenes( like the spider scene).

Amazing.

[YOUTUBE]leianwECphA[/YOUTUBE]

My favorite Fulci movie! The gore in this film (as with any Fulci flick) is insane, and the movie oozes atmosphere from start to finish. This is easily a 10/10 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
      My favorite Fulci movie! The gore in this film (as with any Fulci flick) is insane, and the movie oozes atmosphere from start to finish. This is easily a 10/10 for me.
      10/10 for me as well.

I picked up the Import Blu-Ray and it looks even better. Not all Blu-Ray transfers have been worth the price, but this was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
        10/10 for me as well.

I picked up the Import Blu-Ray and it looks even better. Not all Blu-Ray transfers have been worth the price, but this was great.

The Blu Ray is great. You would think that Blue Underground would've released a Blu Ray version as well, but alas, no such luck. It's a shame too as the Blue Underground releases are top notch in quality.

Comment

Nice pick up, arrow releases are awesome, I've got their City of the living dead Blu.

As for the film, the scene with the spiders is my worst possible nightmare . Fulci always has a brilliant atmosphere, I wish I could see it on the big screen to soak it all in.

Comment

Fulci has taken over as my favorite horror director ever, and this is one of his best!!!

Comment

This is definitely Fulcis high point. The atmosphere and the gore is off the hook, more so than his other films. I also love the ending to this one.

A horror classic.

Comment

I have a crappy dvd copy of this. Atleast I think it's this. It's called Seven Doors of Death. I didn't care for it at all but that could have a lot to do with the quality I was dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                  I have a crappy dvd copy of this. Atleast I think it's this. It's called Seven Doors of Death. I didn't care for it at all but that could have a lot to do with the quality I was dealing with.
                  I'm pretty sure that's the cut version's title. Get the Grindhouse releasing DVD, it's uncut. You're missing lots of juiciness.

As far as the film, what else can be said? It's Fulci's best by far and one of the greatest Italian Horror movies ever made. Shit, one of the best Horror movies ever, even.
                  Last edited by travisbickle; 01-23-2013, 04:20 PM.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

AND....It's kinda hard to talk about this movie without bringing up the amazing soundtrack by Fabio Frizzi...

[YOUTUBE]kUEC8dNeeYE[/YOUTUBE]

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

This films a fuckin classic I own it twice I have the Arrow edition and a Italian edition, the Italian edition looks better than the Arrow copy in the opening bit but I cant read the booklet that comes with the film since its all in Italian...

Comment

I love the Beyond so much I made a whole video tribute to it:

Blood Splattered Cinema: The Beyond

It's a loving riff/review of perhaps the best film of the gore Godfather's career. =)
                        Last edited by TheHorrorGuru; 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM.

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
                        Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
                        Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
                        Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

some bad dialogue and awesome gore in this movie. its cool.

(7/10)

Comment

Working...
                          X