Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StageFright: Aquarius (1987) - Michele Soavi

Link to old thread

The film opens with an acting troop working on a failed production. They lock themselves in a building to work on their play, when a killer starts moving amongst them and killing them off when they're alone. The actors believe this will cause positive press and push on with the production, even as their stars are killed off.

I thought this was one of the better all time slashers, much less one of the best Italian slashers. Directed by Soavi from his Cemetery Man fame, it had the strange sense of whimsy that I loved about the Italian Horrors of the time. It has not aged at all. The killer in the owl mask seems odd until you see the movie and notice how well it fits in with the style. The movie perfectly captures how ridiculous artists can be in pursuit of their craft, even continuing when a killer is after them.

Everyone needs to see this.

"Stage Fright"....One of the greatest slasher/horror films. 1st time director Michele Soavi did a fantastic job. Alot of the death scenes are shocking and brutal. A pick-axe to the face/mouth, a body torn apart, a decapitation, body drilling, etc!! Lots of blood and suspense. I absolutely love this movie and watch it at least 2 or 3 times a year. The cast is pretty good for the most part,especially the 2 main leads David Brandon and Barbara Cupisti. Suspenseful atmosphere, top notch directing, suspense, blood, some gore, and good music score make Stage Fright a terrific hit!!

9/10

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
      Link to old thread

The film opens with an acting troop working on a failed production. They lock themselves in a building to work on their play, when a killer starts moving amongst them and killing them off when they're alone. The actors believe this will cause positive press and push on with the production, even as their stars are killed off.

I thought this was one of the better all time slashers, much less one of the best Italian slashers. Directed by Soavi from his Cemetery Man fame, it had the strange sense of whimsy that I loved about the Italian Horrors of the time. It has not aged at all. The killer in the owl mask seems odd until you see the movie and notice how well it fits in with the style. The movie perfectly captures how ridiculous artists can be in pursuit of their craft, even continuing when a killer is after them.

Why has the original thread been closed in the Foreign Horror section?

Comment

I've taken this one in a couple horror drafts Very solid 80's slasher with a ton of atmosphere.
        Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
          Why has the original thread been closed in the Foreign Horror section?
          Because it was started in 2006 and frequently these threads go stale, so I was seeing if there'd be new conversation about it. There are tons of threads that suffer the same fate. No further talk happens about Jaws because that thread that was started in 2004 is still in existence somewhere.

New posters never see the older threads, so I was turning over a few key discussion points and this doesn't get talked about enough.

Comment

New posters never see the older threads, so I was turning over a few key discussion points and this doesn't get talked about enough.
            I don't think they are too dumb to operate with the search function properly.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Link to old thread

one of the best and greatest slashers. features some great death scenes. the original thread in the foreign section shouldn't have been locked though.

(8/10)

Comment

the old closed thread should be emerged with this one. way more posts on the old thread.

Comment

this new thread still hasnt been merged with the old thread? there are many posts about this awesome slasher film in the old thread.

merge them together mods

Comment

Great to see such love for this masterpiece. Amazing film I love everything about it.
                    "I'm gonna put something in you, make the devil feel surprised".-Mazzy Star

Comment

Originally posted by Lasetta View Post
                      Great to see such love for this masterpiece. Amazing film I love everything about it.
                      Yes, me too.

Comment

I have nothing but love for this old school slasher-classic! And we're getting a nice, new blu-ray release here in Blighty soon...

http://exposurecinema.com/shop/stage...imited-edition
                        "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Carson View Post
                          I have nothing but love for this old school slasher-classic! And we're getting a nice, new blu-ray release here in Blighty soon...

http://exposurecinema.com/shop/stage...imited-edition
                          I don't know if I endorse that cover, but I envy you the opportunity to get a better transfer.

The strange sense of whimsy that's carried throughout this movie, carrying on with the production as the players are getting murdered along the way. I love how ridiculous this movie is, though my theater friends said they could totally see this happening, especially in a theater company just scraping by and looking for publicity.

Bring on the Blu Ray!

Comment

Loved this movie. The creepiest part of the film is when he has all of the bodies up on the stage and he's sitting there.

Comment

are they seriously remaking this?

Comment

Working...
                              X