• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Words

Daniel

Motherfuckingstern!
    sigpic
    "The Next morning, while they were eating, Harold stood up and walked out of the hut. He climbed up on the roof and trotted back and forth, like a horse on its hind legs. All day and all night, he trotted like that. In the morning Harold climbed down and stood in a far corner of the pasture. The men had no idea what he would do next. They were afraid."

Comment

This movie pure cheesy awesomeness!!! I love the beginning when the chick gets dragged into the sewer with her dog.
      "The conquest of fear lies in the moment of its acceptance. And understanding what scares us most is that which is most familiar, most common place"
      - Chris Carter

My Blog: The Paradise of Horror

Comment

there wasnt a thread about this film already. i dont believe that

Comment

I listened to the commentary on the DVD and am amazed at how little of this movie is actually the vision that was intended. I got no other impression than that the director was in no way happy with it or proud of it. Either way, this film holds a fond place in my heart. Being a child in the video store in the 1980s was such an experience. How many movies were rented based upon box art alone, which rarely represented the film itself. This movie, like many others I remember from my childhood, holds most of it's enjoyment based on nostalgia alone. There was something about Horror movies in the 80's. Yes, complaints run rampant on these boards about the lack of quality in horror today but in revisiting so many of these "classics" from my youth I realize that the crap far outnumbered the quality....How our memories deceive us...

Comment

Originally posted by VeryEvilDead View Post
            I guess I am in the minority but this one didn't do it for me.

I'll have to rewatch it after all this positive buzz.
            Do it, you just might like it .

Originally posted by wslyhnry View Post
            this is one of those movies that you dont really want to admit that you love but you cant help but love it, because of the cheese and the latex suits, with those yellow eyes.
            True!

Originally posted by Captain Trips View Post
            This movie pure cheesy awesomeness!!! I love the beginning when the chick gets dragged into the sewer with her dog.
            Exactly .

Originally posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
            there wasnt a thread about this film already. i dont believe that
            There wasn't and I couldn't believe it myself.

Comment

This movie is classic. I used to rent it at least once a month on VHS when I was little. I am one of the few I have talked to that enjoyed the sequel as well.
              sigpic
              Check out our family of horror sites www.drgoremans.com Rent rare horror movies at www.scareflicks.com and watch our web shows on Blip Support Independent Horror!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Goreman View Post
                This movie is classic. I used to rent it at least once a month on VHS when I was little. I am one of the few I have talked to that enjoyed the sequel as well.
                Yep this moive is a classic in its own little way.

Comment

this piece of shit is a lot of fun.

Comment

I finally saw this and I wasn't that impressed though I did enjoyed it and creatures looked really good. I dunno if I missed something but the film at the end seemed rushed and had no solution. WTF happened!?

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

this is a great classic movie, I love this movie, the creature looks awesome an just really love how it all plays out,a really great movie an well worth a few watches for me! an Fright-Rags has an awesome shirt for the movie too!

http://www.facebook.com/ArtofTypH

http;//www.twitter.com/BrianTyphair

Comment

I just got a copy of the sequel (which no one talks about). I have the feeling it will blow.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

I think it's time I give in and watch this.

Comment

This film has my favorite DVD commentary. Maybe tied with Aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher Freak View Post
                              I just got a copy of the sequel (which no one talks about). I have the feeling it will blow.
                              ....it does blow.

Comment

"C.H.U.D"..........Damn good monster movie from the 80's. Solid screenplay,great location shots of New York, and a wonderful music score that is filled with nerve jolting suspense. Good direction,nice special effects/makeup effects,great suspense filled atmosphere, and a strong cast. The 3 main lead actors(John Heard,Chris Curry, and Daniel Stern) were all top notch.

7/10

Comment

Working...
                                X