No announcement yet.

The Last House On The Left (1972)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had liked the movie and own it on dvd(of course, it was a cheap buy).
    "What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Comment

Ive still got to see it(im going to the mall this weekend im gonna se eif they got it)

Comment

Ive never seen this film because it looks boring and awful. I have read so many mixed stuff about this film that I just dont wanna waste money buying it.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

The documentary on bannings on my dvd was way better than the movie.

Comment

I went ahead and rented this movie today, but have yet to watch it. I figure it was better to rent instead of purchasing the DVD just in case I don't like it.

Comment

This is one of those films that is in the pantheon of films that as a fan of horror you should have knowledge of. If you consider yourself a fan of horror exclusively you should have either seen or known about it by now. This does not make it a great film. Personally I'm bored to pieces by the original NOTLD but yet I continue to watch it when it's on and I have it in my collection. Some are bored by The Shining, or the first Ft13 and ANOES films...its just that they are pivotal in the history of horror...and shouldnt be lumped together based on popularity.

Comment

While not for everyone, The Last House on the Left is a great movie (minus the music, I would definitely agree).

*** Spoilers ahead **********
                ***** The fact that the two main characters die half way through the movie, also added to the impact. Of course it was done previously (Psycho), but still, it was very effective. I thought it was pretty well acted too. Almost everyone one does a perfect job. The 2 girls, the 2 parents, the 4 vilains are all excellent ... the 2 police officers are not that good though (then again they were there for the comic relief, just like the music ... but I could've done without.)

Long story short, it's a rape / revenge movie. You like those kind of films, watch it, you dont ... stay away from it.

If you liked it, try to catch : Night Train Murders and Ms.45.

Comment

I love The Last House On The Left, even though it's heavily flawed.

It's definitely a product of it's time and hasn't aged particularly well, but I think the key to liking the film is when it's viewed in that context.

I felt pretty disturbed and upset by the end of the film.

Nathan
                  i'm not bad, i'm just misunderstood...

http://freaq90.dvdaf.com/owned

Comment

I just downloaded this movie the other day, and watched *the orignial*
                    I didn't really like it myself, it was boring, and drawn out....the only good part was mari's mother biting weasels dick off...that was pricless!
                    *I was upset because I had no shoes....But then I met a man with no feet*

Comment

yeah but when that movie came out, theatres refused to show it , or at least made craven edit the hell out of it. To truly appreciate it you have to put yourself back into the 70's and see what kind of movies were out then, i think we see so much blood and gore and are desensitized that it's hard to, but it makes the film a lot more gritty. things like rape always put a more intense angle on things. I really enjoyed the movie, and I own it.

Comment

it had a few interesting moments. but I definetely regret buying it. I think I sold it some time ago.

Comment

I like it myself altough it is a bit dated.this is one that could use a remake.

Comment

overrated piece of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee
                              overrated piece of garbage.
                              Like the Exorcist.
                              sigpic

Comment

Harsh, but so very true.

Comment

Working...
                                X