No announcement yet.

best indie horror film u watched lately

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Blood Stained Romance' IS brilliant and I am so glad you introduced me to this Ms W.

Been watching a few things from MagGot Films, always great. His 'Our Devils Night' is brilliant.

Watched 'Visions of Suffering' which is great as well, some of the computer animation got to me but I just think I wasn't in the mood for that part of the movie at the time.

'The Millennium Bug' was most certainly worth the buy. Was so nice to see a creature feature where the giant monster wasn't done with CGI.

I could go on and on but these are the ones that stand out for me right now.

Comment

• Hell, watched 'Absentia' as well. Loved this film. Such a great twist. Won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WayOfTheHammer View Post

Watched 'Visions of Suffering' which is great as well, some of the computer animation got to me but I just think I wasn't in the mood for that part of the movie at the time.
        This is one of those movies that asks a couple of viewings as a minimum as always in this type of films we are often out details / metaphors important, at least that happened to me, I need to see it again.

I also will highlight that the appearance of strange characters at one time called "vampires" reminded me of the Cenobites from Hellraiser.

Comment

• Originally posted by WayOfTheHammer View Post
          Hell, watched 'Absentia' as well. Loved this film. Such a great twist. Won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
          I loved Absentia, too! I loved the psychological aspects of it, the mystery, and the uncertainty about what really happened.
          The Brood: Smart Horror Talk

Comment

• Fuck I forgot about this thread...gotta show my UG love....FAMINE, Ryan Nicholson's latest...before B.F.M anyway : )

Comment

• V/H/S really surprised me!

Comment

• Battery

Comment

• Absentia
                  Dead Girl
                  May
                  The Dead Hate the Living
                  Blood Creek
                  The Signal
                  Lovely Molly

Now if you're talking horror films on shoestring budget and completely campy as fuck but hilariously awesome:

Check these out:
                  [YOUTUBE]n99P_EmKsN4[/YOUTUBE]
                  [YOUTUBE]f_7emB3wrzk[/YOUTUBE]

^^ My friends and I would quote these films daily.

http://www.horsecreekproductions.net/
                  Last edited by kevinb; 07-01-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• ^^^ Good picks Kevinb. Generation Ax looks fun, some of those lines are great.

I definitely recommend Absentia to anyone and it basically won best film at every horror film festival in 2011.

Comment

Working...
                    X