• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanatomorphose (2012)

Thanatomorphose (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2385074/

Director: …ric Falardeau

What would happen if one day you wake up and see how your body starts to break down until the putrefaction? How would you react? That's the simple and unique premise of "Thanatomorphose".

Thanatomorphose took the prize for best film according to the jury of the recent edition of Terror Film Festival of Molins de Rei.

One day, Laura wakes up with bruises on the body. Soon, the bruises extend, and become into wounds that gradually begin to bleed and become infected. Her body goes through all stages of decomposition of a corpse.

Thanatomorphose is a french word meaning the visible signs of an organism's decomposition caused by death. One day, a young and beautiful girl a wakes up and finds her flesh rotting.

[YOUTUBE]ptMScxSkw18[/YOUTUBE]

Oh my gosh...

Hell yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
      Oh my gosh...

Hell yeah!
      <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
      R.I.P.

Comment

This film was shown at this years canadian Fantasia Film Festival and it immediately got my attention after reading the synopsis. Glad that there is already a thread for it.

The review of Fantasia is as follows:

Prepare yourself for THANATOMORPHOSE, a singular cinematic experience thatís supremely disturbing. An unwavering descent into hell, this first feature film by …ric Falardeau is among the potent works, like SALO, which bring the viewer to the point of the unbearable, a test of all senses. With this Kafkaesque tale of transformation, the talented filmmaker juggles the sublime and the transgressive, with superior results. While the film has its share of shockingly violent scenes, itís no mere exploitation flick, but rather a corrosive meditation on sexuality, solitude and our complex relationships with our own bodies. As Laura, Kayden Rose throws herself completely into a brave and overwhelming performance. Few actors would accept such a demanding role and Rose succeeds remarkably, projecting the pain thatís slowly eating away at her character. Also of note are the superb, strikingly realistic special effects care of David Scherer and Rťmy Couture. Following a high-profile run through the festival circuit, THANATOMORPHOSE at last returns home to Quebec, so itís now your turn to discover one of the most promising voices in local genre cinema, and to be confronted with what may well be the most shocking film of the year.
        Source

Damn, I want to see this as soon as possible! A human being, rotting from the in and outside. Why hasn't been there a movie about that theme and that explicit before?
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
          Damn, I want to see this as soon as possible! A human being, rotting from the in and outside. Why hasn't been there a movie about that theme and that explicit before?
          Yeah this movie looks interesting. The transformation in The Fly always got under my skin. Apparently teeth falling out etc. are common nightmares relating to stress.

Comment

This definitely grabbed my attention! Loved that Teaser video.. left a lot for the imagination to explore there.. awesome.

Comment

Comment

Upon reading the title: what the hell does that mean?

Upon seeing the poster: Gross

Upon reading the synopsis: This is intriguing as hell!

Upon seeing the teaser: Gross.......I have to see this! Anyone know where to find a copy?
                Last edited by zigwardScissorHands; 09-22-2013, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Its available in November I'm pretty sure. It looks great, it showed down in Sydney earlier this year. I couldn't go though.

I have the option of watching it now; but due to my online restrictions I have to wait.

Looks unbelievably disgusting..
                  A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

It was supposedly out on dvd in Australia on the 16th but I haven't seen it in any stores. I ordered it online last thursday or friday and it has yet to arrive. waiting waiting...... I can't remember the last time a movie concept had me so intrigued to see it.

Comment

I saw it available for pre-order on some sites. And was told it won't arrive till November regardless. I don't know how true that is; just what I've been told.
                      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

awww man i dont know what to believe! Monster Pictures, the distributor has the 16th on their site. I ordered it straight from them so fingers crossed..........

Comment

This looks amazing

Comment

Originally posted by zigwardScissorHands View Post
                            ...... I can't remember the last time a movie concept had me so intrigued to see it.
                            Could turn out a turd as well, but I hope not.
                            Originally posted by oxley View Post
                            I saw it available for pre-order on some sites. And was told it won't arrive till November regardless. I don't know how true that is; just what I've been told.
                            Sooner or later, it will hit the interwebz. Just wait.
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                              Could turn out a turd as well, but I hope not.

Sooner or later, it will hit the interwebz. Just wait.
                              Meh I might watch it tonight. I've been trying not to though.

I dunno what to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X