George A. Romero's Land of the Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George A. Romero's Land of the Dead

over at http://dayofthedeadmovie.net , DJ says ...

"I just got this Email today from avery reliable source.

Just got off the phone with a VERY reliable source and am happy to announce [and pissed that our News/Rumors is down] that Romero's newest zombie movie has been given the green light - and we got the scoop!!

After word/rumors of this installment have floated around for how long, Fox gave the green light just today [5.10.04] and this 4th zombie/dead installment, still being called 'Dead Reconing' is now actively looking at locations for shooting. 'Reconing' is said to take place after the events of Day of the Dead.

George and several cast members from the original installments - Night of the Living Dead [Kyra Schon, Russ Streiner, and John Russo], Dawn of the Dead [Ken Foree, David Emge, Scott Reiniger, Sharon Ceccatti, and Clayton Hill], and Day of the Dead [Lori Cardille, Joe Pilato, Gary Klar, and Anthony DiLeo] - will also be at the Horrorfind Convention this August in Baltimore - can you smell a theme?"

and
    today from http://www.creature-corner.com/news4...reckoning.php3

If all is true, then today is truly the day of the dead.

Zombies are in. That's as far as Hollywood is concerned. Dawn of the Dead's success helped. Before that, Resident Evil lent a guiding hand too. Lions Gate is at work on developing a script called Flight of the Dead. Screen Gems has Resident Evil: Apocalypse opening this Fall. And, as we all know, George A. Romero is in the early stages of a project entitled Diamond Dead while he attempts to stir up interesting in his fourth Dead film Dead Reckoning.

Well we've got a status report on both, actually.

Ridley and Tony Scott's Scott Free Productions recently climbed aboard Diamond Dead to back up the rock 'n roll-themed project. Nothing new there. According to a source (who claims this has appeared in the trades too), however, Fox Searchlight has picked up Diamond Dead for development. Searchlight ushered 28 Days Later onto U.S. shores last year.

But here's the big rumor that I'm, at the moment, trying to confirm:

Fox has greenlit Dead Reckoning. That's what Horror-Web's "reliable source" has told them adding that location scouting is underway.

We've got a few contacts of our own within Fox's walls and we're just waiting for word from them on this. Keep checking this page, as it'll probably be updated very soon!

Pssst, tobe....read the READ THIS NOW thread....oopsy! He needs to change the title of that thread! LOL

Let's not get too excited yet, it hasn't been officially declared publicly just yet.
    sigpicWhy Grind the Organs When You Can Grind the Whole Corpse?

Comment

one script review http://www.creature-corner.com/revie...ingscript.php3

Comment

more script reviews http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=11938

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/deadreckoning.shtml

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14107

Comment

I can say without a doubt in my mind, any Romero news that's good news.....well, it's GOOD NEWS.....
          If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.-
          Mao Zedong

Comment

2004 : Year of the Zombie

Comment

Originally posted by BarkerRulez
              I can say without a doubt in my mind, any Romero news that's good news.....well, it's GOOD NEWS.....
              Dude, this is THE BEST NEWS!

Comment

Originally posted by tobe_romero
                I sure hope so, it's about time Zombies came back in.....And I can't wait to see a new Zombie movie by Romero...Have you gotten any dates yet Tobe??
                If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.-
                Mao Zedong

Comment

Dude, this is THE BEST NEWS!
                  Mao Zedong

Comment

Oh yes Dead Reckoning is coming for the 5000th time. Oh wait maybe I shouldn't get all hyperactive over repeat news that has been spread through fan boy nerd networks for years.

Comment

I sure hope so, it's about time Zombies came back in.....And I can't wait to see a new Zombie movie by Romero...Have you gotten any dates yet Tobe??
                      No man. They are scouting locations, so it's not even in pre-production yet. But, with Romero you don't have to worry about wasting time with the script and rewrites, he knows what he wants. Realistically, I would speculate a release date no earlier than Feb 2005. That's optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
                        Oh yes Dead Reckoning is coming for the 5000th time. Oh wait maybe I shouldn't get all hyperactive over repeat news that has been spread through fan boy nerd networks for years.
                        Well good deal, that means we shouldn't see your ignorant ass in this thread no more....Everybody grab the wine and crackers we got a celebration
                        Mao Zedong

Comment

Jesus Christ! with Day of the Dead : Contagium , Dead Reckoning , Diamond Dead, Resident Evil : Apocalypse, Shaun of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead 4 and 5 to come and Dawn of the Dead and Undead so far this year, it's unreal.

Comment

Well good deal, that means we shouldn't see your ignorant ass in this thread no more....Everybody grab the wine and crackers we got a celebration
                            Thank you

Comment

Thank you
                              yep.....You know, i didn't care for Dawn of The Dead remake too much, i'm hoping that Romero stays away from Gunn's idea
                              Mao Zedong

Comment

Working...
                              X