No announcement yet.

The Others (2001)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everything the above poster said.

"The Others", "Poltergeist", "The Sixth Sense", "Stir of Echoes" and "The Orphanage" are, in my opinion, the definitive ghost movies.
    Most others I've seen just sort of blend together under those.

Of those, "The Others" is my second favorite. (Can't beat Poltergeist)

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
      "The Others".....This is one of the BEST ghost story/supernatural movies ever!! Great screenplay....terrific ensemble acting.....suspense...chills...and wonderful spooky atmosphere. Nicole Kidman was sensational as "Grace"...delivering a superb performance worthy of an Oscar nomination for Best Actress. Too bad she got nommed for the wrong movie that year. Would have rather seen her get nominated for this performance than the one she gave in "Moulin Rouge". Alakina Mann as "Anne" was top notch. She held her own alongside Kidman. Fionnula Flanaghan is another standout in the movie. Surprises,shocks, and a terrific twist of an ending highlight the movie. I am happy this movie recieved some award recognition..it deserved the attention.

10/10
      pretty spot on post and I agree with it.

Comment

I saw the film in the theater and I really like the films, it is surly on my list to buy.
        "If You Dance With The Devil, Devil Don't Change, Devil Changes You"

Comment

Yeah great movie. Creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by KalteGeist View Post
            I agree with everything the above poster said.

"The Others", "Poltergeist", "The Sixth Sense", "Stir of Echoes" and "The Orphanage" are, in my opinion, the definitive ghost movies.
            Most others I've seen just sort of blend together under those.

Of those, "The Others" is my second favorite. (Can't beat Poltergeist)
            Thank you. I would add The Changeling to this list of top haunted house/ghost stories too. That 1979 classic is superb!!

Comment

I liked The Others when I saw it at the theater, but upon a recent rewatch, I found it rather boring. The children are also particularly annoying.

Comment

The one twist that always gets me thinking, no matter how many times I've seen it.

Love this movie. I actually thought Kidman deserved a nom, when I first saw it. The atmosphere in this film is unmatched.

Comment

I just saw this again last week. I love this movie! I can watch this and Session 9 any day of the week. I agree Nicole Kidman was amazing....

Comment

Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                    I just saw this again last week. I love this movie! I can watch this and Session 9 any day of the week. I agree Nicole Kidman was amazing....
                    She sure was. Great great performance.

Comment

Decent movie. I thought it was very slow going but the ending makes up for it.

7/10

Comment

One of my all time favs. A modern classic.

Comment

Originally posted by neverscaryenough View Post
                          as hard as i tried to fake being bored, this movie really creeped me out-it was inventive, suspenseful, and provided some good scares, i think a lot of people simply dismissed it because it was pg13 or they thought it was a sixth sense ripoff (untrue, m. night didn't corner the market on confused identity ghosts!)
                          That's weird. I didn't know anyone thought that. Sure, both movies involve ghosts, and all that. Odd.
                          sigpic

Stalk me on Twitter @iamspoonbender

Comment

I also liked this one a lot, very well done.

Comment

"The Others".....This is one of the BEST ghost story/supernatural movies ever!! Great screenplay....terrific ensemble acting.....suspense...chills...and splendid and wonderful spooky atmosphere. Nicole Kidman is sensational as "Grace"...delivering a superb performance worthy of an Oscar nomination for Best Actress. Too bad she got nommed for the wrong movie that year. Would have rather seen her get nominated for this performance than the one she gave in "Moulin Rouge". Alakina Mann as "Anne" is top notch. She held her own alongside Kidman. Fionnula Flanaghan is another standout in the movie. Terrific supporting turn. Surprises,shocks, and a terrific twist of an ending highlight the movie. I am happy this movie recieved some award recognition..it deserved the attention. Sensational!!

10/10

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                                "The Others".....This is one of the BEST ghost story/supernatural movies ever!! Great screenplay....terrific ensemble acting.....suspense...chills...and splendid and wonderful spooky atmosphere. Nicole Kidman is sensational as "Grace"...delivering a superb performance worthy of an Oscar nomination for Best Actress. Too bad she got nommed for the wrong movie that year. Would have rather seen her get nominated for this performance than the one she gave in "Moulin Rouge". Alakina Mann as "Anne" is top notch. She held her own alongside Kidman. Fionnula Flanaghan is another standout in the movie. Terrific supporting turn. Surprises,shocks, and a terrific twist of an ending highlight the movie. I am happy this movie recieved some award recognition..it deserved the attention. Sensational!!

10/10

Comment

Working...
                                X