All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (2006)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
    Yeah, as cool as it would be to see it released, there really is no money in it now since almost everyone who had any interest in it downloaded it, so there really is no point for whoever is in charge of it to go through the trouble to get it released.
    Yea I agree but would still be nice to own the DVD since apparently there would be a commentary and "a making of" feature and that stuff interests me.

Comment

• Im looking forward on seeing this movie

Comment

• Originally posted by wannaplayagame? View Post
        Im looking forward on seeing this movie
        If you live in America, you probably won't see it unless you download the film. This film won't never get released on DVD in America because any distributor knows that there just no money in it since anyone who wanted to see the film has downloaded it.

But never say never, there is a Matt Damon film that just got released in 2011 and it was filmed in 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
          If you live in America, you probably won't see it unless you download the film. This film won't never get released on DVD in America because any distributor knows that there just no money in it since anyone who wanted to see the film has downloaded it.

But never say never, there is a Matt Damon film that just got released in 2011 and it was filmed in 2006.
          Yeah, but that's Matt Damon. Big difference.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by halloweengirl13 View Post
            Same
            Yeah, this should've got a theatrical release. Those idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by foreverlost View Post
              Yeah, this should've got a theatrical release. Those idiots.
              didn't the US secure distribution for the film at one point.

Comment

• This was pretty decent...nothing special

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

• It is one of my favorite slashers from the 2000 decade.

Comment

• @ Yanks - you're really not missing much. It's a mediocre slasher film with a fit female lead.
                    It's nothing to write home about.

Comment

• All the boys love Mandy Lane is supposed to be a horror movie, but for me, its more of a drama/horror movie and I actually liked that.

What really sets Mandy Lane apart from all the other teen horror films is that it brings something new to the genre. The story line is pretty basic but it's terrifying because you know from the beginning who the killer is. and it's nothing supernatural. it's real. normally, when watching a horror film, you go "oh, this couldn't happen in real life" and with this, you go "it could be real" The young actors are great. Apart from Amber Heard and Michael Welch, You don't know them and it's good, because nothing can bring down a horror film like a well known actor trying something new... I love Michael Welch and Amber Heard in this movie and Aaron Himmelstein's character Red won me over. Amber Heard is perfect as Mandy, because she doesn't look like an anorexic model, she looks healthy and beautiful and normal and it's good for the movie.

Mandy Lane is a girl that, like the title suggests, all the boys at her school want to "get with." She has blossomed over the summer from Plain Jane to the hottest, most desired girl in school. After her and her geeky male friend get invited to a party, a freak accident occurs where the host of the party dies while trying to impress Mandy. Flash forward to the following year. Mandy gets invited to a party at a secluded ranch by a bunch of the popular kids. Partying and drinking ensues, and of course, the boys each try in their own way to get with Mandy, who seems uninterested in the whole situation. Needless to say, it doesn't take long before a mysterious killer shows up on the ranch and begins brutally killing off the teens one by one. The film does utilize the now clichéd "Scream" type ending, but with a minor twist that is still somewhat predictable.

The final twist is good. it's okay. it's nothing too big, but it's clever enough for me. it was all that happened before the twist that I adore. and of course, the scene where Chloe (SPOILER HERE!) runs to Mandy, thinking it's gonna be okay and then gets stabbed. it was beautiful, because it turned everything upside down and you don't understand what's going on. and it's shot really beautifully, the camera spinning around them.

The movie is shot beautifully and it's acted well, and it's just new. I think the kills are good, not too gross, you don't get the feeling that the writers have tried too hard to come up with disgusting ways to kill a guy, but bloody enough to make you shudder. I would have wanted to explore the characters a little more, but then again, why? they die anyway... the movie isn't perfect but it's far more better than most horror films today.

All the boys love Mandy Lane is one of the best horror films in the last 10 years. It's bloody, but it's not disgusting. It brings something new to the genre and the characters aren't just brainless pretty people. They actually have personalities. and it's good. watch it, it's worth it!

It is sad that, as of even today, this film has not had a U.S. release either theatrically or DVD. Had it been released in theaters, I think it could have revived the slasher genre, which once again has become tired and clichéd ridden, much like "Scream" did in the mid 90's. Horror fans and fans of quality film making should check this film out--not only is it an above average slasher film with interesting characters, brutal deaths, and plot twists, but it is also a wonderful piece of film making with exceptional art direction, cinematography, and direction.

10/10

Comment

• ^^^10/10? Really?

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

• its one of the best slashers in the last 10 years.

Comment

• It still makes no freaking sense this movie has no distributor for the US. It is a great slasher which would fine its fanbase among horror fans.

I can understand why no distributor or studio wants to touch it. It has no profit now since everyone probably downloaded it off torrent sites. But even than just having it in your DVD collection would still be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                              It still makes no freaking sense this movie has no distributor for the US. It is a great slasher which would fine its fanbase among horror fans.

I can understand why no distributor or studio wants to touch it. It has no profit now since everyone probably downloaded it off torrent sites. But even than just having it in your DVD collection would still be great.
                              The movie is kind of dated, it feels like one of those done and redone cool kids who are sheep with a wolf amongst them that we saw so many of 10, 15 years ago.
                              KITTYSAFE.NET
                              Facebook | Website
                              | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

• Your average 2000's slasher. Pretty boring with no really likeable characters. I've seen worse though.
                                5/10

Comment

Working...
                                X