Valentine (2001)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
    Watched this this summer and I really enjoyed it. I think everybody has a few horror films they really enjoy, that no one else likes, and this is one of them for me.

7/10
    Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
    This movie blows. No reason needed.
    Make up your mind, dude.

Comment

• I was a high schooler obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer when this came out, so I guess I was the target audience. I never bothered seeing it in theaters. This was just a bad era of clean, predictable, could-have-aired-on-The-WB-in-primetime faux slashers that glutted the market for a while.

It should have been sleazier and weirder- that way it would have intrigued multiple demographics and have a chance at becoming cult- especially with such a gorgeous cast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
        Make up your mind, dude.

That's a pretty big shift in opinion.

Then again, I did the same thing with Cherry Falls. Used to really like it, Now, I'm not as impressed with it.

As for Valentine, it's okay. Definitely one of the lesser Scream clones, though.
        57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
          Make up your mind, dude.

Posted on 9/25/11.

Watched it again last month and it was not as good as I remember. I'd probably give it a 3-4 now.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
            That's a pretty big shift in opinion.
            Indeed.

Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
            Posted on 9/25/11.

Watched it again last month and it was not as good as I remember. I'd probably give it a 3-4 now.
            Okay then.

Comment

• Valentine is diffently the cream of the crop of 2000s horror films
              Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• This is a guilty pleasure of mine. Came out right when I 10 - 11 years old and was sneaking up late at night to watch horror movies on Starz or any channel that would play them. Ah the memories.

Comment

• Horrible film, it tried having that 80s slasher vybe but failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    This is a guilty pleasure of mine. Came out right when I 10 - 11 years old and was sneaking up late at night to watch horror movies on Starz or any channel that would play them. Ah the memories.

Comment

• "Valentine"....I have always enjoyed this stylish thriller. The cast is ok for the most part with some being better than others. I think Jessica Capshaw as "Dorothy" and Denise Richards as "Paige" are pretty good. Adding to the movie is humor-laced moments, twists, cool music score, suspense, blood, and some cool death scenes. The addition of the hunky David Boreanaz(Adam) is a great bonus too. Awesome direction by Jamie Blanks and the settings and locations are all terrific too. A strong modern day slasher!

8/10

Comment

• Haven't seen this movie in several years, but recently re-read the book and i forgot how good it is.

Comment

• This trashy slasher never gets old, hope it gets a Blu release one of these days.

Comment

• Yeah, still love this film. it was on my mind a few days ago in fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                              Yeah, still love this film. it was on my mind a few days ago in fact.

Definitely one of the better slasher's of the early 00's. Fun cast and a handful of solid kills. The bitch getting her throat slammed into the broken shower glass was my favorite.

I actually prefer this to MBV 3D. By a lot.

Comment

• I've always enjoyed this flick!

That Denise Richards kill was a big hell yeah.
                                <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                                R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X