Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maniac (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think the original is the gorier film, especially with that head shot but the violence in the remake just looks more realistic and brutal.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Geek View Post
      I found the violence in the remake to be far more effective than in the original.
      Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      I think the original is the gorier film, especially with that head shot but the violence in the remake just looks more realistic and brutal.


      Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

      Comment


      • How perfect for this to appear on Netflix during the full moon
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Yeah, just saw it on Netflix. Damn. That was not what I expected. It didn't have the terror and atmosphere of the original, but it was remarkably brutal and the cinematography was fu*king amazing!

          Comment


          • one of the best horror remakes ive seen, i usually cant stand remakes. the part i liked in this one was the part when it was from the point of view of the killer, anyone else notice that? it was cool.

            Comment


            • I found this to be a really good watch. The violence was well done without going too far into the extreme (well right up until the end) and Elijah Wood was creepy as all hell. I also really enjoyed the score, it was super throwback especially with the synth stuff during the first driving scene.

              Overall I was really impressed with it as a whole.

              Comment


              • was anyone able to get the vhs version from mondo? i consistently checked the mondo website for them to add it, as it was to be release at a random time, and was able to get one. as of right now they still have some copies. limited to 500, though i don't know how fast they will sell out because vhs is only hot among a certain group of collectors.

                Comment


                • I saw this last night and thought that it was fantastic!

                  The POV worked very well and it just goes to show how a well-executed film can make up for a so-so screenplay. The story didn't offer much new, but the film itself looked fantastic and it did extremely well at putting the audience in the same head of a mad man. I also loved the music and those opening titles.

                  8/10
                  ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"


                  Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

                  http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                    I saw this last night and thought that it was fantastic!

                    The POV worked very well and it just goes to show how a well-executed film can make up for a so-so screenplay. The story didn't offer much new, but the film itself looked fantastic and it did extremely well at putting the audience in the same head of a mad man. I also loved the music and those opening titles.

                    8/10
                    Yep. Very well done. The POV didn't feel like a gimmick and it was a great artistic vision.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                      Yep. Very well done. The POV didn't feel like a gimmick and it was a great artistic vision.
                      I've had 2 false starts with this film bc of the POV. I guess I just haven't been in the right frame of mind to watch it yet. Going to try and sit through the entire thing tomorrow while I have the day off.

                      The opening scene is pretty rad, but haven't made it much farther than that.

                      Comment


                      • I purchased this one on release day and just got around to watching it yesterday. I thought it was pretty damn good. I enjoyed the sound design as well.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by damnenchiladas View Post
                          I've had 2 false starts with this film bc of the POV. I guess I just haven't been in the right frame of mind to watch it yet. Going to try and sit through the entire thing tomorrow while I have the day off.

                          The opening scene is pretty rad, but haven't made it much farther than that.
                          Finish it.

                          Originally posted by obscured View Post
                          I purchased this one on release day and just got around to watching it yesterday. I thought it was pretty damn good. I enjoyed the sound design as well.
                          That soundtrack >>>


                          Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                          Comment


                          • This was phenomenal. A much better film than the original.

                            Comment


                            • I haven't seen the original but I was pretty impressed by this. Is the original anything at all like this?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X