No announcement yet.

Maniac (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trailer caused my brain to enter POV overload. This film won't work for me. It's already singing one note, and that's very uncinematic.

Comment

Nothing about this is decent at all.

Wood is the complete opposite to what the film needs. For my final English exam of school (the topic was belonging) I wrote a three page character study on Frank Zito. The character is a sloth, socially unwanted and unaccepted. The larger set, dirty, greasy man isn't the only thing that conveys this, the only person to acknowledge him without him initiating first contact in the entire film is a prostitute. Not to mention the low angel shots that consistently have us look down on him, make him appear smaller and far less significant.

Woods is very easily 'socially acceptable' in appearance, and I get they are going for the whole "It's creepier because he doesn't look like a killer" vibe, which is fine, but it does NOT fit the Maniac material AT ALL. It doesn't matter how good Woods is in the role, the fact remains he isn't physically set for it, I see ZERO reason why a woman would be terrified of someone who is generally smaller than your average woman. It's ludicrous. Fuck this movie.
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
      Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
      My little idiot..

Comment

BD review from Mr. D. http://bloody-disgusting.com/film/15...?tab=bd-review

Modern Classic? I gotta see this one.

Comment

Really looking forward to this, hopefully it gets released soon!

Comment

I've read nothing but rave reviews for this film. Hopefully it gets a proper release soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
              BD review from Mr. D. http://bloody-disgusting.com/film/15...?tab=bd-review

Modern Classic? I gotta see this one.
              Mr. D isn't known for his reviews, they are generally pretty shitty.

Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
              Really looking forward to this, hopefully it gets released soon!
              Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
              I've read nothing but rave reviews for this film. Hopefully it gets a proper release soon.
              You both can suck cock in hell.
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
              My little idiot..

Comment

always been a elijah wood fan, i respect most of his work, and the trailer looks surprisingly great but there is no way he could ever fill joe spinells shoes with this part

spinell looked the part and more importantly was utterly convincing in his portrayal

i'll give it an honest shot/watch when it comes out

Comment

Just heard about this today. Checked out some trailers, and yeah, this looks pretty fucking awesome. I love the grimey look to it, and the first person stuff looks great.

Here's the second Red band trailer.

[YOUTUBE]x8VHjmm3hV0[/YOUTUBE]

The movie just looks really unique. If Elijah Wood wasn't in it, I'd think it was a trailer from some forgotten 70's exploitation flick.

Comment

I think it looks great.

The clips are very promising and the soundtrack has that synth 80's vibe going on.

This could be a remake on the level of The Hills Have Eyes redux.

Comment

I will give this a fair chance, just like with the Evil Dead remake. Both, trailer and prospects, finally earned it.
                      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                        Just heard about this today. Checked out some trailers, and yeah, this looks pretty fucking awesome. I love the grimey look to it, and the first person stuff looks great.

Here's the second Red band trailer.

[YOUTUBE]x8VHjmm3hV0[/YOUTUBE]

The movie just looks really unique. If Elijah Wood wasn't in it, I'd think it was a trailer from some forgotten 70's exploitation flick.
                        Im looking forward to this one. Looks like its faithful to the original source material and it looks like it has it's own modern twist to it.

I'm a BIG fan of the original.

Comment

The more I see, the more I like...

[YOUTUBE]nI3dQlW9p_c[/YOUTUBE]

Does the last shot look familiar to anyone?

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post

There will be soon the whole movie on youtube, should they continue this policy of chunking it piece by piece.
                            The clip itself is nasty.
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Love the clip!!! I'm really looking forward to this movie.

Comment

With all these clips popping up a release date surely must be around the corner.

Love how that final shot pays tribute to the original poster. Very well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X