Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New poster...

Comment

The UK has a release date. When's it opening everywhere else ?

Comment

Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
        New poster...

Has kind of a Drive-ish feel to it. The color scheme, anyways...

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

^^^ That poster looks awesome. Got a March 15 release in U.K, look forward to it.

Comment

l'm dying to see this. But hey, as long as british people get to see it l'm cool.

Comment

Its released over here on Friday but annoyingly its a very, very limited release. I'm looking forward to this though so might make the effort to travel (about an hour away) to one of its only late showings.

Comment

I'm getting an Enter the Void vibe with all the POV.

I'm not completely sold, but each clip that hits wins me over slightly.

Infini-Tropolis

Comment

I saw this the other day and thought it is one of the best horror remakes.Aja is building an impressive record now.

I would say that the poster gives an accurate feel of how the movie is, I would describe it as Henry: Portrait of a serial killer meets Drive. Some of the POV scenes combined with the soundtrack are stunning, especially when he's out in his car.

Personally (after only 1 viewing) I'm not a big fan of the original as it was a mean spirited slasher that's difficult to enjoy. I felt the remake dropped the slasher element and gave a disturbing insight into the mind of a maniac. Although like the original its unpleasant and hard to enjoy I felt dropping the slasher aspect made it more focused and interesting.

I'm not a fan of Elijah wood but he's great in this and the POV gives him menace.

I recommend you all check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    I saw this the other day and thought it is one of the best horror remakes.Aja is building an impressive record now.

I would say that the poster gives an accurate feel of how the movie is, I would describe it as Henry: Portrait of a serial killer meets Drive. Some of the POV scenes combined with the soundtrack are stunning, especially when he's out in his car.

Personally (after only 1 viewing) I'm not a big fan of the original as it was a mean spirited slasher that's difficult to enjoy. I felt the remake dropped the slasher element and gave a disturbing insight into the mind of a maniac. Although like the original its unpleasant and hard to enjoy I felt dropping the slasher aspect made it more focused and interesting.

I'm not a fan of Elijah wood but he's great in this and the POV gives him menace.

Sounds good.

I'm busting to see this.

Comment

Henry meets Drive .. Nice!

Comment

Sounds awesome! Can't wait for this to hit.

Comment

I can't wait for this..

Comment

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                            Has kind of a Drive-ish feel to it. The color scheme, anyways...
                            I find it actually kinda interesting to see this style(resurgence of 80s neon aesthetic) making a comeback in the indie scene. Music too. Maniac's score is very Retrowave, and I recently been turned on to a slew of various artists. It's like the 80s look has become big again on the underground scene.

Comment

I saw it yesterday at the Panic Fest in KC and loved it. It screened after the original Maniac and they did a Q&A with William Lustig. The heavy POV in the remake is a very nice touch. The score is awesome and the kills are brutal and gruesome. Elijah Wood was great in the film and very creepy. You will know within the first 5 minutes of the film that they nailed the remake. I would probably give it around 8.5/9 out of 10.

Comment

this is online (dvd quality)

Comment

Working...
                                X