this is online (dvd quality)

Where?
    I can't locate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinx View Post
      this is online (dvd quality)

Dying to see this.

Comment

Talk about taking an iconic concept and turning it on its head; er should I say scalp.

Wood easily portrayed a sicker more awkward chump than even good old Joe; actually even worse off than Donny Kohler from Don't Go In The House (1979) since I think that was a actually much more effective portrayal of a detached absolutely pathetic helpless killer than the original Zito who was a tad bit too iconic to be totally disturbing. Not counting The Thing which was totally different from the 50's giant potato monster movie (or The Fly) I can't think of a better remake off-hand.

Comment

Wood easily portrayed a sicker more awkward chump than even good old Joe; actually even worse off than Donny Kohler from Don't Go In The House (1979) since I think that was a actually much more effective portrayal of a detached absolutely pathetic helpless killer than the original Zito who was a tad bit too iconic to be totally disturbing. Not counting The Thing which was totally different from the 50's giant potato monster movie (or The Fly) I can't think of a better remake off-hand.
          This is my favorite horror of the year so far. They made it more focused than the original and rather than being mean spirited it felt like a genuine insight into the mind of a killer. Stylistically it kicked ass too!

Comment

Another excellent remake.

Different from the original but still has a lot in common with that film. The grimy streets of 80's NY are replaced with the grimy streets of 00's LA, and the violence is just as nasty. There's no exploding heads but loads of graphic and cringe worthy stabbing and scalping. Horror fans should be very satisfied with the blood letting on display here. Even though the victims aren't around very long you do feel sympathy for them.

The POV style really works and Elijah Wood is excellent as the psychotic Frank. He truly is a disturbing character and he doesn't need to be a sweaty, fat hulk to be menacing and scary. Elijah does a great job and fans of the original who scoffed at his casting should be very happy with what he brings to the role.

The synth 80's Drive-esque soundtrack also adds to the creepy vibe and the inclusion of Buffalo Bills drag queen act song from Silence of the Lambs is a great touch.

4.5/5

Comment

Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
              Talk about taking an iconic concept and turning it on its head; er should I say scalp.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
              This is my favorite horror of the year so far. They made it more focused than the original and rather than being mean spirited it felt like a genuine insight into the mind of a killer. Stylistically it kicked ass too!
              Originally posted by Rusted View Post
              Another excellent remake.

Different from the original but still has a lot in common with that film. The grimy streets of 80's NY are replaced with the grimy streets of 00's LA, and the violence is just as nasty. There's no exploding heads but loads of graphic and cringe worthy stabbing and scalping. Horror fans should be very satisfied with the blood letting on display here. Even though the victims aren't around very long you do feel sympathy for them.

The POV style really works and Elijah Wood is excellent as the psychotic Frank. He truly is a disturbing character and he doesn't need to be a sweaty, fat hulk to be menacing and scary. Elijah does a great job and fans of the original who scoffed at his casting should be very happy with what he brings to the role.

The synth 80's Drive-esque soundtrack also adds to the creepy vibe and the inclusion of Buffalo Bills drag queen act song from Silence of the Lambs is a great touch.

4.5/5
              good to hear, gonna check it out tonight.

Comment

Yep, a fairly solid movie, as modern remakes go. The electronic score definitely added to my enjoyment of it.

Is it just me, or was it a shame that we were given a "face" for the maniac? I think it might've worked better if the character remained faceless, allowing the viewer to "be" the maniac.

[EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, didn't 'The Poughkeepsie Tapes' do that?]
                Last edited by Boilersuit_Mayhem; 04-27-2013, 08:46 AM.
                Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
                  Yep, a fairly solid movie, as modern remakes go. The electronic score definitely added to my enjoyment of it.

Is it just me, or was it a shame that we were given a "face" for the maniac? I think it might've worked better if the character remained faceless, allowing the viewer to "be" the maniac.

[EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, didn't 'The Poughkeepsie Tapes' do that?]
                  Poughkeepsie tapes did do that although not so much POV.

I think it would be a bad idea for this movie as it would turn it into another voyeuristic slasher film, that was never its intention. The killer had his own identity making it about his psychology not ours. They did a good job of making the audience uncomfortable sharing his POV.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    I think it would be a bad idea for this movie as it would turn it into another voyeuristic slasher film, that was never its intention. The killer had his own identity making it about his psychology not ours. They did a good job of making the audience uncomfortable sharing his POV.
                    I think I'm just pining for a similar experience to the one my parents must have had when I let them borrow 'Dredd'. Neither of them knew who was under the helmet. So, for them, Dredd was a faceless instrument of the law because they didn't recognise the actor, whereas I'd watch it and know that "Dredd" looked like Karl Urban under his helmet even if we didn't see that on screen.
                    Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

FUCKKKKK, I cannot wait to see this.
                      Tonight.

Comment

^Where did you hear that?

Comment

I'm getting ready to watch it now from a different link. Not a torrent. Fuck em.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate High
                            So word is, Studio 37 leaked this, on purpose.
                            The torrent apparently has a tracker placed by the production company's security team and they will be going through with prosecuting downloaders to the full extent of the law regardless if the file is still present on the computer or not.

This is going to be a (hard) lesson to those who this bankrupts, there are repercussions in this World and nothing is free... nothing. That said, I am truly sorry, guys, and good luck.
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I was able to catch this and the remake definitely pays homage to the original. Within 5 minutes of the film, I knew it would be good.

Comment

inhale

exhale

Comment

Working...
                                X