No announcement yet.

Maniac (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like the producers of The Hurt Locker taking every single person who downloaded that film to court.

Comment

This is easily one of the most fucked up, realistically violent, vicious and unrelenting horror movies I've ever seen...and I mean that as the sincerest compliment.

I never get affected by horror movies these days, but this actually managed to creep me out and make me cringe ([spoiler]the scene, when the girl gets her achilles sliced and then gets stabbed mercilessly, is one of the most cruel scenes I've ever seen. It takes the stabbing scene from Zodiac to new levels...holy shit.[/spoiler]

I like the original, but this knocks it out of the park. Acting, direction, music, gore, intensity...everything was top notch. I really don't have anything to complain about. I have newfound respect for Elijah Wood. He was fantastic and a little too believable...and what a ballsy career move to make a movie like this. Bravo!

This is how you do a remake. If you have the stomach for, CHECK IT OUT!

10/10.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
        This is easily one of the most fucked up, realistically violent, vicious and unrelenting horror movies I've ever seen...and I mean that as the sincerest compliment.

I never get affected by horror movies these days, but this actually managed to creep me out and make me cringe ([spoiler]the scene, when the girl gets her achilles sliced and then gets stabbed mercilessly, is one of the most cruel scenes I've ever seen. It takes the stabbing scene from Zodiac to new levels...holy shit.[/spoiler]

I like the original, but this knocks it out of the park. Acting, direction, music, gore, intensity...everything was top notch. I really don't have anything to complain about. I have newfound respect for Elijah Wood. He was fantastic and a little too believable...and what a ballsy career move to make a movie like this. Bravo!

This is how you do a remake. If you have the stomach for, CHECK IT OUT!

10/10.

Fuck yeah, this sums it up.

The scenes of murder made me wince. So realistic and just downright nasty, like you could feel the knife going through you.

Comment

i haven't seen it but this looks like crap and really terrible.

Stick to the good horror films like CABIN IN THE WOODS.

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post

Y'know, there's expressing your opinion, and then there's trolling.

You're doing the latter.
            57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
              Y'know, there's expressing your opinion, and then there's trolling.

You're doing the latter.
              Consider the ban hammer maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                Consider the ban hammer maybe?

Consider this a warning, NW.

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post

Yeah all the positive reviews from critics and people on board must mean it's a really shit film.

You'd be better off to skip it and stick to Lame In The Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                    Yeah all the positive reviews from critics and people on board must mean it's a really shit film.

You'd be better off to skip it and stick to Lame In The Woods.
                    I'm sure he'd like it if he saw it, only because it seems like every new movie he sees is THE GRATEST MOVIE EVAR.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                      I'm sure he'd like it if he saw it, only because it seems like every new movie he sees is THE GRATEST MOVIE EVAR.
                      But nothing compares to the BESTEST MOVIE EVAR, THE CABIN IN THE WOODS.

IT'S REAL HORROR CAUSE IT HAS A FEMALE SURVIVOR. THAT'S THE RULZ

Comment

• I liked Cabin in the Woods better when it was called Waxwork

Comment

• Fantastic film. Elijah was great. I loved how Frank almost remained faceless, seeing him in mirror images and reflections was brilliant. One of the most brutal scenes was the one that black coffee mention in an above post...

I'm at a loss for words and I saw this hours ago...: )

Comment

• Oh yeahhh.....Gonna try and check this out later tonight.

Fucking pumped!

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• There are movies that are great, like Insidious, that made me jump and I had a fun time.

Then there are movies like this, that are better than great. They are phenomenal. I didn't have 'fun' with this movie, but I was engaged the whole way through. The camera work was impressive, the acting was fantastic, the score was perfect, the scary moments made me jump and damn.. this has been, so far, the horror movie of 2013.

And yeah, I'm hyping it up.. but fuck it. I just really liked it.. a lot.

Damn you, Aja, for not doing the Hellraiser remake! I can't even imagine how amazing that was going to be.
                              Last edited by Agent Panic; 04-28-2013, 04:35 AM.
                              "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

• man the reviews from you guys are awesome, definitely checking this out today at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X