No announcement yet.

Urban legend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked both the first two, the third was...not that great.
    The second issue of my not-for-profit horror zine/newsletter, 'Why Do I Like Stupid Horror Movies?' is available now at my blog, if you find a spare $2 in your Paypal account - go buy it please. I'd appreciate it . This issue comes with a mix-tape and a 'screenplay snippets' one-sheet. Also, I love trades (for anything, but especially zines).
    sigpic

Comment

I didn't care for any of the films in this series.
      sigpic
      If you could see inside my head - you'd run
      http://never-ready.dvdaf.com/owned
      Sig by rayzorsharp

Comment

Probably my favorite Scream type flick that came out in the 90's. Man, was that was a terrible decade for horrror.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Xm...don't forget tha "In the mouth of madness" was released during the 90's. So it can't be that terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippo View Post
            Xm...don't forget tha "In the mouth of madness" was released during the 90's. So it can't be that terrible!
            I was speaking of the I Know What You Dids, Soul Survivors, Scream, Cherry Falls..etc type movies.

Of course, there are exceptions.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

I thought that this was a fairly fun horror, entertaining enough.

Haven't seen any of the sequels though.

Comment

definitally the best new age slasher films of the late 90's.
                sigpicpart of a healthy daily nutritional diet

Comment

Originally posted by ZaceryNova View Post
                  I liked both the first two, the third was...not that great.
                  yeah well the third took a supernatural twist, and I didn't mind, especially since it was supposed to be a standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by Screamer View Post
                    I like the movie, but just the revealing of the killer really pissed me off. There's no way in hell that girl could do all that. If you watch the movie from the beginning, and just picture the whole time that it's Rebecca Gayheart in that coat, you'll be laughing your ass off.
                    The entire tale is being related as an urban legend, if you recall the group of students at the end of the flick. It was always the director's intention for the story to feel embellished.
                    Movie Ratings:
                    Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
                    Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
                    Lethal Weapon - 8/10
                    The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
                    The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

Liked it better than Scream. All the sequels are shit however.

Comment

Urban Legend is my guiltiest pleasure. It's pretty dumb in places but I love it nonetheless. Dumbest bit was that chick walking the side of the pool indoors wearing the parka. Who does that!!! LOL

Comment

Guily pleasure of mine,love the whole idea of a killer using urban legends.I liked the setting too,at that upstate college.
                          Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

Just watched this again and it is definitely one of my favourite slashers from the 90's. I really like the deaths based on urban legends and the cast is great (apart from the main girl who I couldn't really warm to). It had cameos from the likes of Danielle Harris, Brad Dourif and the legend that is Robert Englund.
                            Jamie Blanks didn't really direct anything decent after this flick.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

I really liked this movie. I especially liked the irony of the Bonnie Rait song at the beginning ("Turn around...every now and then I fall apart...") - that was just hilarious. My son, who is now 14, saw it when he was little and he always called it The Walking Coat.

Comment

I watched about half of this the other day, didn't finish because I got sidetracked by so far, I really like the movie. I'll probably finish watching the rest later on today....[spoiler]Only made it up to the point where Danielle Harris gets killed.[/spoiler]

Comment

Working...
                                X