Urban legend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban legend

I don't know if there is a thread on this movie....i checked and could not find one,which suprised me b/c in my opinion it was one of the best of the ninties....I wont go into the whole thing just in case everyone has not seen it....Its basically about a girl named Natalie who's freinds are all being killed according to urban legends......fantastic opening,great kills,and a twist at the end that i know i didnt see coming.....i actually thought this movie was better than scream overall.....what do you guys think???...the sequels left a little to. be disired,but the original was boss....

It Happened To Someone Who Knows Someone You Know... You're Next.
    sigpic

There are a lot of these, aren't there???

The only one I've seen is Urban Legend: Bloody Mary, which was terrible.

Comment

I loved the first one. I saw it when I was 8. I never saw any of the sequels though.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's better than Scream but I like it a lot. I even picked it in this year's horror draft. It's easily the best post-Scream slasher.
        AG Draft '09
        Leon: The Professional - Luc Besson
        Zodiac - David Fincher
        The Usual Suspects - Bryan Singer
        Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead - Lloyd Kaufman
        Forrest Gump - Robert Zemeckis
        Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke - Lou Adler
        Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Steve Barron
        Secretary - Steven Shainberg
        The Holy Mountain - Alejandro Jodorowsky
        Y Tu Mamá También - Alfonso Cuarón
        A Night at the Opera - Sam Wood
        Prozac Nation - Erik Skjoldbjærg
        Zombie Strippers! - Jay Lee

Comment

It is good for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Riki-Oh View Post
            It is good for what it is.
            I'd have to agree with that one.

Also, I don't know why, but Rebecca Gayheart has always come across me as this big ditsy skank. Don't get me wrong, she does a fine performance, certainly not good enough to praise but she does fine.

I've actually had good replay value from the original as well, I'd say I have seen it at least 10 times over the last however many (11?) years. On the flip side, I've only seen both Final Cut and Bloody Mary once, I don't remember them being horrible though...

Comment

I love it. It is amazing in Blu-ray.

Comment

How many Urban Legends are there now? Around 5? I didn't even find any of them that good, anyways. I hope they are done making them.

Comment

I finally saw this a few months ago and it's not bad. It's not at all groundbreaking, but it's entertaining, competently made, and has some suspenseful moments. I've seen the first sequel, which was pretty blah but haven't check out the third one yet.

Movies recently seen:

The Boneyard- 6/10
                  Clash of the Titans '10- 8/10
                  The Exorcist- 10/10
                  Wrath of the Titans- 7/10
                  Zombie- 8/10

Comment

I've not seen it in years, its no classic but its better than alot of the other teen slashers around today.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                    2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                    3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                    4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                    5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                    6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                    7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                    8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                    9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                    10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

it was alright...like a 7 outa 10 probably.i mean dont get me wrong if it happened to come on tv and i had nothing better to do i'd probably watch it again, but can't say its one of my favorites...and i definately think scream was a better movie..no doubt

Comment

It was okay, because I saw it in 99 when the post Scream slasher hype was still going on, I think that made the experiance better I loved that the gothic roomate was the niece from Halloween 4 and 5 3/5

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
                          I loved that the gothic roomate was the niece from Halloween 4 and 5 3/5
                          I didn't even know that's who she was! I learned my one random fact for today.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorwald View Post
                            My question is, how is that 115 pound chick able to carry around those dead bodies so easily.
                            Lol I totally agree. I like the movie, but just the revealing of the killer really pissed me off. There's no way in hell that girl could do all that. If you watch the movie from the beginning, and just picture the whole time that it's Rebecca Gayheart in that coat, you'll be laughing your ass off.

Comment

appreciation

As a horror fan, urban legend delivered. Great memories from the movie & that time period in my life. Too bad the sequels left much to be desired.

Comment

Working...
                              X