No announcement yet.

Hatchet 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't seen the first one yet but Hatchet II had me laughing my balls off!

Comment

• Originally posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
      Actually, human heads coming off have been a particular bug up the MPAA's butt the last ten plus years. At least for a while there, in the late 90s and early 00s it was an automatic NC17.

I remember specifically, in '99, the producers of Dracula 2000 having to plead an appeal with the MPAA over an initial NC17 specifically because of the shot of Omar Epps' (as a vampire) severed head flying through the air. They gathered a sorta "best of" Rated-R 1980s horror clips with decapitations, all more explicit or gruesome than the almost comical scene in their movie.

I forget now if the vampire decapitation during the concert battle in Queen of the Damned met with similar resistance just a year or so later but I don't think so. Ironically, you see a far more graphic, far more shocking decapitation of Omar Epps as a vampire in that wacky dream sequence episode of House a couple seasons back (the one that also has a Western segment).

Of course there's all kinds of demonic decapitations across seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but we all know the FCC really only cares about boobies and four-letter-words. On the plus side though, they seem to be above board and open in their rigid, fascist expectations which has given TV writers and producers all sorts of creative motivation to circumvent in subtle ways to great effect (ie. the best written, most daring TV shows are now found on basic cable, which is censored, versus the anything-goes movie networks).
      Wonder what they thought of the opening scene of Ghost Ship.

Comment

• The MPAA has a horrid history of allowing one movie to get by with an R only to slap with an NC17 a movie that does the exact same thing or something very similiar.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
          The MPAA is an arbitrary and fickle organization. There are numerous documentaries and books outlining the problems independent productions have with them versus major Hollywood studios as well as personal vendettas against particular directors (ie. Jack Valenti versus Brian DePalma).

They have no official, legal authority on any matter but they also have no accountability. There is nobody to oversee them, applying checks and balances. They're not transparent in their process or consistent in their findings but they've so far convinced everyone, including Congress, that they're the only thing standing between us and a government censor at the hands of jack-wagons like Joe Lieberman.
          Originally posted by Boddicker View Post
          The MPAA has a horrid history of allowing one movie to get by with an R only to slap with an NC17 a movie that does the exact same thing or something very similiar.

If you haven't done so already, and you really want to get pissed at the bullshit of the MPAA, watch the documentary This Film is Not Yet Rated.
          It's astounding what those assholes get away with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
            If you haven't done so already, and you really want to get pissed at the bullshit of the MPAA, watch the documentary This Film is Not Yet Rated.
            I've seen it a while back. Thing I found most interesting was that people are only supposed to be on the board for a very limited period of time and several members had been there for umpteenth years. Seems like a very chummy "who ya know" organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post

One of my favorite documentaries.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boddicker View Post
                The MPAA has a horrid history of allowing one movie to get by with an R only to slap with an NC17 a movie that does the exact same thing or something very similiar.
                Yeah, I still don't understand how Hatchet 2 even got an NC-17 rating. There's nothing in that movie that was shocking or horrible enough that caused for an NC-17.

And yet, from what I can tell, none of the Saw or Final Destination or Hostel films have had problems getting through the MPAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                  Yeah, I still don't understand how Hatchet 2 even got an NC-17 rating. There's nothing in that movie that was shocking or horrible enough that caused for an NC-17.

And yet, from what I can tell, none of the Saw or Final Destination or Hostel films have had problems getting through the MPAA.
                  Money.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Indeed, but that doesn't make it fair my good sir.

Comment

• "Hatchet 2"....Very good sequel with a huge body count. The cast and performances are a hell of alot better than the 1st part. Young horror movie vet Danielle Harris is solid(minus a few over the top performances) as usual. Her portrayal of "Marybeth" is better than the girl from the 1st part. Danielle's first scene with Tony Todd and her end scene were awesome! Adam Green does another fine directing job too. Stronger screenplay/storyline, more suspense and spooky atmosphere, good and over the top gore effects, and fun camp all add to the movie. Its also great to see Tony Todd(Rev.Zombie) and Kane Hodder(Crowley) and their characters expanded more in this film. They are both awesome!! For me, Hatchet 2 rates a little higher than the original.

7.5/10

Comment

• I just saw the first clip from Hatchet III. It gave me a Jason Goes to Hell flashback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                          I just saw the first clip from Hatchet III. It gave me a Jason Goes to Hell flashback.
                          how so?

Comment

• I couldn't imagine Kane Hodder having anything to do with it.
                            B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• Put this one off for a while until this morning, had me cracking up in the beginning but it slowly tread itself towards being a serious horror flick. I enjoyed the comical aspect that lingered until the end of the first one more so. I read previously how you all thought the main actress poorly acted, that's extremely nit picking in a complaint. I think she did fine, plus she's cute. O think overall it could have played more on a comical side of it with the hunters. The charisma of each split up was pretty good and we only got a glimpse of the together comedic duets. Should have played out more and used better. The gore scenes were funny at times as well as head turning.

Comment

• I saw the movie The Last Boy Scout today, realized it was a young Danielle Harris.

Comment

Working...
                                X