Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themaskofsatan View Post
    I have only one prefrence:

Tom better have a beard in this movie. Sweet beards are the structural backbone of what made the first thing the classic it is.
    Kurt Russell would have made a great Jim Morrison.

I'm open to a prequel. But I'm desperate for something of value.
    sigpic

Comment

A prequel with Norwegian actors would be cool as hell, if they did it right.
      But i doubt that will ever happen, it's more likely they do a reimagining, which is getting quite popular these days now that I think about it.
      My DVD List:
      http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?id=methor
      PM for a trade!

Comment

Or a remake with tom playing as a Norwegian..... But on a serious note, I hope they donít butcher it.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy View Post
          Okay...I had to do this so it may clear up some confusion about this being a remake which seemed to generate a bit of negative feedback.
          I'm pretty amped on all this and welcome the news with open arms. Sure it could turn out to be a pile of CGI infested crap with Tom Cruise as the lead but at least it's being attempted on a worthy story.

What we know so far. ( I think)

Producer and director Marc Abraham is involved. I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed he's actually directing this or producing it.

It's leading up to Carpenter's 1982 film.... but pretty much in the same time frame.

Likely based around the Norwegian research team's first encounter with the frozen critter is the general consensus.
          It could be alright, but for sure, there is no possible way it could be better than John Carpenter's.

Has potential.

Comment

Alright just got done reading the update on the story from the main page. They state it's going to be a prequel from the Norwegian point of view but go on to describe what happens at the American camp (Carpenter's Thing storyline). Not sure if they got mixed up or if they are going to try to pass it off as a prequel in the early stages and then just admit it's a remake.

I also saw some comments on the page that people want the film to fail. The Thing and The Shining are my two favorite horror films but that doesn't make me want the new Thing project to fail. I'd love to have a solid film and Carpenter's version proved a remake could be done well if handled correctly.

Do I think they will succeed and deliver a stellar film? It's too early to tell but it will be hard to capture the atmosphere, sense of dread/paranoia, and realistic feel of Carpenter's version. Will also be hard to get an ensemble cast that will be as solid as Carpenter's film (something that helped make it work so well). I'm scared about CGI effects being used and not sure they can do something that won't look silly without going back to real effects (which I can't see happening). If they would be smart they would do anything to get Rob Bottin and as many people from Carpenter's film to work on the prequel.
            Last edited by Outpost #31; 12-25-2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

They are going to fuck it up.
              sigpic
              Jaws -- dripping with disease
              Fingers for use of weaponry,
              Mind spins in fervor of murder's design
              Unleashing our buried primal desires.
              Fits of hysteria have claimed the hearts of man
              The panic ridden are consumed, their bones dry in the sun,
              The zombies multiply with haste
              The streets are stained with human waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Methor View Post
                A prequel with Norwegian actors would be cool as hell, if they did it right.
                But i doubt that will ever happen, it's more likely they do a reimagining, which is getting quite popular these days now that I think about it.
                Agree. Getting Noewegian actors would be great.

But because of the hollywood studios, they are proberbly going to have hollywood actors/actress who goes to the camp where the norwegian speaks english.

And also hopefully they don't bring down the rating to PG-13.

Comment

this movie can't be PG-13. that won't happen it'll be rated 'G'
                  myspace: thefeelofcotton

i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
                  How did he know?!~

Comment

R movies are the 'cool thing' at the moment anyway. It won't be PG-13.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton the Egg Man View Post
                      this movie can't be PG-13. that won't happen it'll be rated 'G'
                      Yeah, it's true form would be Barney.

Comment

As Crazy as Cruise is, the guy can still act.

It would be cool to have a Kurt Russel Cameo in the final scene as well.

There's not enough info to really judge how this movie is going to go, but it's a project that is worth making and could be very enjoyable. Def going to keep my eye on it.

Comment

This seems like quite the gambit, but I'm glad someone has decided to revive the concept.

Comment

Originally posted by AshWilliams95 View Post
                            Are you just saying it because it's a remake or do you have access to inside information that we don't know about I know you are only young but you really are easily the stupidest member here and that is really saying something.

Comment

hes right...... leave it the fuck aloan, now is not the time for this just take alook at all the crap shit out there... they have lost their way and need some time to get back on track.

Comment

the beards were awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X