The Thing (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the beards were awesome
    yep real has they get no cgi there.............................

Comment

i love THE THING as much as anyone and have thought long about a prequel and also a remake. And this could be done if they get the right people to do the project. I know if I was given the keys to do this, the first thing I would do is get John Carpenter on as an Executive Producer to help out. Also, I would keep the movie in the same timeframe (1982) since it would just be bad to bring it up to present day. As far as the prequel it would be great to start how the Norwegians find out about an alien craft being beneath the ice, followed be how they plan to get to the ship. Also, there could be an explination to why and how they got all the weapons to Antartica, since they are not allowed there. I would like the use of physical effects and CGI for the creature effects. Once they remove the thing from the ice, I would like to see how it infects the crew since it has been frozen for 100,000 years. I think one of the main problems with the original is there was not a good explination of how the creature in its own for could fly a spacecraft since it just seemed like some kind of monster. I think it would be cool if the creature in its normal state has some sort of human characteristis and can take on the form of anything living it wants too with the ability for even single cells from it to be able to take over any living creature. I could go on, but there is so much I have thought of how to do this correctly and just don't have the time to write it all out at this time. BUT, AS A FAN I DO WORRY HOLLYWOOD WILL SCREW UP AND PREQUEL/REMAKE BECAUSE MOST OF THE TIME IT SEEMS THE WRITERS/DIRECTOR HAVE NO CLUE OF HOW TO CREATE A GOOD VISION. THEY JUST GIVE US A SIMPLE BLUEPRINT THAT SEEMS TO BE USED ALL THE TIME.

Comment

they do not need to make this movie....nuff said

Comment

Of all the unnecissary things, here's your prequel, shape shifting alien crash lands in antarctica, gets frozen until crew discovers it in the first movie, come on Hollywood gimme my millions now.
          "Don''t try to talk like you're one of them you're not......even if you'd like to be" - Heath Ledger Dark Knight

Comment

I hope Tom Cruise is in this prequel. I want to see 'The Thing' take him over and watch as the copy mutates into some hideous monstrosity. TAKE THAT TOM CRUISE!

But seriously, Tom's role in Tropic Thunder was one of his best performances in a long time. He really knows how to play an Angry, bald-headed fat guy with too much money lol

I hope for this prequel they use special make-up effects, no CG bullshit. But depending on the budget, they'll probably resort to some crappy CG that looks fake as all hell. If they go the CG route, they better get the people who did '300' or 'Lord of the Rings'. But that would be asking too much for a horror film. Wishful thinking.

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

Originally posted by FukO View Post
              I hope Tom Cruise is in this prequel. I want to see 'The Thing' take him over and watch as the copy mutates into some hideous monstrosity. TAKE THAT TOM CRUISE!

But seriously, Tom's role in Tropic Thunder was one of his best performances in a long time. He really knows how to play an Angry, bald-headed fat guy with too much money lol

I hope for this prequel they use special make-up effects, no CG bullshit. But depending on the budget, they'll probably resort to some crappy CG that looks fake as all hell. If they go the CG route, they better get the people who did '300' or 'Lord of the Rings'. But that would be asking too much for a horror film. Wishful thinking.
              Yeah because 300 was a great movie right?

Comment

Strike Ent. Lawsuit just filed- Thing changed

strike entertainment just got dropped by universal and their plans on the thing prequal due to a lawsuit filed for copyright infringement. a deal is being worked out with universal and now united artists working together- i guess that's where the tom cruise rumours came from whether he acts in it or not

the site this is on is thethingfromanotherworld dot webs dot com

and get this, its not a prequal anymore- its now a sequal to both thing films, i don't know what the hell that means though. i can't believe this isn't big news on this site, i thought it had all the new stuff, but i couldn't find it anywhere so i'm posting it

Comment

Originally posted by boathopper View Post
                  strike entertainment just got dropped by universal and their plans on the thing prequal due to a lawsuit filed for copyright infringement. a deal is being worked out with universal and now united artists working together- i guess that's where the tom cruise rumours came from whether he acts in it or not

the site this is on is thethingfromanotherworld dot webs dot com

and get this, its not a prequal anymore- its now a sequal to both thing films, i don't know what the hell that means though. i can't believe this isn't big news on this site, i thought it had all the new stuff, but i couldn't find it anywhere so i'm posting it
                  Just ready that in your other thread. If so, that sucks. Tom Cruise doesn't bother me because he is still a good actor. It's really too bad he's a nut job in real life.

What happened with Strike?

Comment

Originally posted by jayres View Post
                    they do not need to make this movie....nuff said
                    this
                    some movies just don't need a remake

Comment

Originally posted by FukO View Post

homosexual hobbits aside, the lord of the rings shits on 300 cgi wise.
                      'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by tim299 View Post
                        i love THE THING as much as anyone and have thought long about a prequel and also a remake. And this could be done if they get the right people to do the project. I know if I was given the keys to do this, the first thing I would do is get John Carpenter on as an Executive Producer to help out. Also, I would keep the movie in the same timeframe (1982) since it would just be bad to bring it up to present day. As far as the prequel it would be great to start how the Norwegians find out about an alien craft being beneath the ice, followed be how they plan to get to the ship. Also, there could be an explination to why and how they got all the weapons to Antartica, since they are not allowed there. I would like the use of physical effects and CGI for the creature effects. Once they remove the thing from the ice, I would like to see how it infects the crew since it has been frozen for 100,000 years. I think one of the main problems with the original is there was not a good explination of how the creature in its own for could fly a spacecraft since it just seemed like some kind of monster. I think it would be cool if the creature in its normal state has some sort of human characteristis and can take on the form of anything living it wants too with the ability for even single cells from it to be able to take over any living creature. I could go on, but there is so much I have thought of how to do this correctly and just don't have the time to write it all out at this time. BUT, AS A FAN I DO WORRY HOLLYWOOD WILL SCREW UP AND PREQUEL/REMAKE BECAUSE MOST OF THE TIME IT SEEMS THE WRITERS/DIRECTOR HAVE NO CLUE OF HOW TO CREATE A GOOD VISION. THEY JUST GIVE US A SIMPLE BLUEPRINT THAT SEEMS TO BE USED ALL THE TIME.
                        i don't think the thing was frozen for 100,000 years, it's ship that it rode in on was. it was still in the relative safety and warmth of the ship until the norwegians found it and blew open the hatch 100,000 years later. and once they opened it i assume the thing either came out swinging, or some of the norwegians went exploring inside and were taken then. and in terms of flight, the thing could've been just drifting on some course that it's victim set previously, it might not have been flying the ship itself. and if it was flying it, may be it's like when it absorbs it's victims, it inherits their memories, experiences, habits? idk.

i am worried about the rumors around the prequel tho. like one of the norwegian characters might be macready's brother? really? that would piss me off. so macready went thru the whole first movie, and didn't acknowledge his norwegian brother's presence on antarctica at all? even when they find the bodies of the thing's victims at the norg camp? i'm hoping that its just a rumor, that would be a nonsensical story right off the bat. personally i'd like to see a sequel. like they open with chiles and macready getting rescued and debriefed, and then while being interrogated the thing goes apeshit and takes over some government facility. or just open up with just mac or chiles, one survivor, and they don't explain where, or what happened to the other one right away. and one gets rescued and debriefed. in any case i'd just love to see the thing as this epidemic back on the mainland after mac or chiles is rescued, like hundreds of thousands of infected people with tentacles and shit running around destroyed cities like zombies.
                        'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantJellyfish View Post
                          in any case i'd just love to see the thing as this epidemic back on the mainland after mac or chiles is rescued, like hundreds of thousands of infected people with tentacles and shit running around destroyed cities like zombies.
                          pure genius. why aren't you writing the script?
                          myspace: thefeelofcotton

i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
                          How did he know?!~

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantJellyfish View Post
                            i don't think the thing was frozen for 100,000 years, it's ship that it rode in on was. it was still in the relative safety and warmth of the ship until the norwegians found it and blew open the hatch 100,000 years later. and once they opened it i assume the thing either came out swinging, or some of the norwegians went exploring inside and were taken then. and in terms of flight, the thing could've been just drifting on some course that it's victim set previously, it might not have been flying the ship itself. and if it was flying it, may be it's like when it absorbs it's victims, it inherits their memories, experiences, habits? idk.
                            Obviously you didn't pay much attention to the movie...The Thing was frozen in a block of ice outside the space craft. It was taken back to the Norwegian station where it thawed and proceeded to kill everyone.

Comment

considering this is my favorite horor movie of all time, i am excited yet weary to see this come out.....

Comment

Originally posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
                                Obviously you didn't pay much attention to the movie...The Thing was frozen in a block of ice outside the space craft. It was taken back to the Norwegian station where it thawed and proceeded to kill everyone.
                                i'll watch it again. but i thought the footage that mac and them found from the norwegian campsite showed the norgs blowing up a large portion of ice. then when we see mac and the doc descending into the crater we see a hatch on the ship open. i just assumed the norwegians found the ship, and blew open the hatch themselves, releasing the thing. but yea, it could've opened the hatch itself, and froze shortly after, being discovered by the norgs 100,000 years later. idk, i'll watch it again, i love that movie anyway.

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                                X