The Thing (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thing (2011)

Okay...I had to do this so it may clear up some confusion about this being a remake which seemed to generate a bit of negative feedback.
    I'm pretty amped on all this and welcome the news with open arms. Sure it could turn out to be a pile of CGI infested crap with Tom Cruise as the lead but at least it's being attempted on a worthy story.

What we know so far. ( I think)

Producer and director Marc Abraham is involved. I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed he's actually directing this or producing it.

It's leading up to Carpenter's 1982 film.... but pretty much in the same time frame.

Likely based around the Norwegian research team's first encounter with the frozen critter is the general consensus.

Originally posted by mossy View Post
    Okay...I had to do this so it may clear up some confusion about this being a remake which seemed to generate a bit of negative feedback.
    I'm pretty amped on all this and welcome the news with open arms. Sure it could turn out to be a pile of CGI infested crap with Tom Cruise as the lead but at least it's being attempted on a worthy story.

What we know so far. ( I think)

Producer and director Marc Abraham is involved. I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed he's actually directing this or producing it.

It's leading up to Carpenter's 1982 film.... but pretty much in the same time frame.

Likely based around the Norwegian research team's first encounter with the frozen critter is the general consensus.
    Dat a boy.

Comment

I have only one prefrence:

Tom better have a beard in this movie. Sweet beards are the structural backbone of what made the first thing the classic it is.

Comment

Pretty much will recap what I had in the rumor thread in that I'm looking forward to this route. It makes sense as the back story is there and will intrigue many fans of the original. I like the idea of a prequel and always felt the Norwegian story would have been an interesting story to tell in showing what happened before the thing reached the American camp. I hope they have a strong script and keep the CGI effects minimal.
        Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

What can I say...I'm bored.

Comment

Very nice work, mossy.

I enjoyed John Carpenter's 'The Thing'. I doubt I'd see it in theaters but I'd definitely give it a rent.
            B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

hehe nice one are you from norway btw?
              My DVD's

sig by Shadowbreedz

Comment

I'm intrigued. The problem is.. I know the ending.

Comment

It'll probably still be marketed as a remake. And it'll probably just be called 'The Thing'. I think this film will be an odd one in that it seems as though the film will be marketed as a remake to mainstreamers but as a prequel to the fans. I could see them ditching the Norwegian angle simply due to casting reasons.

Comment

I don't know how much this film could revolve around non-English speaking Norwegians considering Hollywood's fear of anything foreign.

I'm still smelling 'reimagining'.

Comment

Originally posted by themaskofsatan View Post
                      I have only one prefrence:

Tom better have a beard in this movie. Sweet beards are the structural backbone of what made the first thing the classic it is.
                      Maybe I'm living under a rock, but where'd the Tom rumor come from?

I can't really imagine him in this, much less want to see him in this. Personally, I'd like the cast to pretty much be on the same level, name-wise. No clear stars.

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post
                        I'm intrigued. The problem is.. I know the ending.
                        Same here

Comment

Uhhhh Tom Cruise....really....I hope that's a lie!!!

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                          Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

Ha, that's awesome.

Originally posted by horror_movie_girl View Post
                            Uhhhh Tom Cruise....really....I hope that's a lie!!!
                            It better be because if it was true that would ruin any chance this film has of being good.

Comment

This will prob be released under Dimension Extreme and be a CGI crapfest

Comment

Working...
                              X