The Uninvited (2009)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Uninvited (2009)

Didn't even know that Elizabeth Banks was into these types of films/roles...but this one looks pretty good:

[YOUTUBE]inp08lBqxkY[/YOUTUBE]

That bit at the end, where the glass of milk drops and turns to blood, looks particularly cool!!!

Meh...
    Im not so sure about this one..

But I do agreee, milk to blood was preety cool.

Goodness gracious! Great balls of fire!

Comment

Originally posted by Blonde-Zombie View Post
      Meh...
      Im not so sure about this one..

But I do agreee, milk to blood was preety cool.
      A Tale of Two Sisters remake. Hoping they don't mess it up too much.

Comment

Originally posted by multieyedmyr View Post
        A Tale of Two Sisters remake. Hoping they don't mess it up too much.
        Gah.. I have a distaste for remakes. Pity.

Goodness gracious! Great balls of fire!

Comment

This first time I heard of this I thought it was a remake of the other Uninvited and after seeing the trailer I wish it was the other Uninvited

Comment

Originally posted by multieyedmyr View Post
            A Tale of Two Sisters remake...
            Ahh, I see...

I think I've heard something about that flick, from my boy from Korea?? Gonna have to check that one out, and then looking forward to seeing this one to compare.

Comment

They added an explosion???
              Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

I just watched the trailer and I already forgot what I watched.

Comment

Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                  I just watched the trailer and I already forgot what I watched.
                  You're lucky. I'm stewing here thinking about how, just by the trailer, they seemed to have dropped EVERY bit of subtly that the original film maintained so well. Ugh. But, that's how it works here. Explosions for the teens. Almost naked teens for the pervs. Elizabeth Banks for the people that hate horror. And, of course, more cheap jump scares, just in the trailer then the entire original film combined.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBonomo View Post
                    You're lucky. I'm stewing here thinking about how, just by the trailer, they seemed to have dropped EVERY bit of subtly that the original film maintained so well. Ugh. But, that's how it works here. Explosions for the teens. Almost naked teens for the pervs. Elizabeth Banks for the people that hate horror. And, of course, more cheap jump scares, just in the trailer then the entire original film combined.
                    Pretty much. This is such a cliche in modern horror that I don't even think a human being is directing it. I think something just films a boat-load of generic horror scenes and factory workers just assemble the parts and slap a name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                      Pretty much. This is such a cliche in modern horror that I don't even think a human being is directing it. I think something just films a boat-load of generic horror scenes and factory workers just assemble the parts and slap a name on it.
                      You know. I'm not completely against remakes. Hell, I'm pumped for the Wolf Man remake. But, A Tale of Two Sisters is just beyond what Hollywood's capable of. The system has no sense of being subtle. I've shown the original to several friends who are casual film watchers and they didn't get it. This film should be left alone.

Comment

^^ Yeah...that should be a good one...

Haven't caught the OG version of ATTS, but am gonna have to check it out. I'm hoping that this version maybe makes the story more acceptable to the "masses"/US audience...

Comment

This is another movie I'm so not looking forward to. I just watched The Tale of Two Sisters the other night and it's an amazing flick. Extremely creepy and sad. I'm pretty sure The Uninvited will turn out just another Pulse-fiasco. I'm still going to see it though if only to find out whether or not I'm right,

Comment

Originally posted by DrFunkenstein View Post
                            I'm hoping that this version maybe makes the story more acceptable to the "masses"/US audience...
                            After watching the trailer, I have a feeling this will not only be an insult to A Tale of Two Sisters, but also to anyone with half a brain who makes the unfortunate choice of watching it.

The trailer is filled with cheap jump scares and everything has been turned generic, so I'm going to firmly say this will NOT come even close to the original. Unfortuntly because of that, it will be considered "acceptable" to US audiences.

I'm just going to pray the Wolf Man remake will break the mold of recent remakes and actually be a damn good film.
                            The level of human stupidity has gone too high, we must bring out the Brick Gun.

Comment

Christ, that looks horrible.

An explosion? The shy, nervous sister...in a bikini? The stepmother is some kind of serial kiddie-killer? Urgh.

I didn't think a remake could get a brilliant original as wrong as Pulse did. Looks like this one is out to change that.

Comment

Working...
                              X