Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Me To Hell

SYNOPSIS:

Director Sam Raimi (Spider-Man trilogy, Evil Dead series) returns to the horror genre with Drag Me To Hell, an original tale of a young woman’s desperate quest to break an evil curse.

Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) is an ambitious L.A. loan officer with a charming boyfriend, professor Clay Dalton (Justin Long). Life is good until the mysterious Mrs. Ganush (Lorna Raver) arrives at the bank to beg for an extension on her home loan. Should Christine follow her instincts and give the old woman a break? Or should she deny the extension to impress her boss, Mr. Jacks (David Paymer), and get a leg-up on a promotion? Christine fatefully chooses the latter, shaming Mrs. Ganush and dispossessing her of her home.

In retaliation, the old woman places the powerful curse of the Lamia on Christine, transforming her life into a living hell. Haunted by an evil spirit and misunderstood by a skeptical boyfriend, she seeks the aid of seer Rham Jas (Dileep Rao) to save her soul from eternal damnation. To help the shattered Christine return her life to normal, the psychic sets her on a frantic course to reverse the spell. As evil forces close in, Christine must face the unthinkable: how far will she go to break free of the curse?

Release Date: May 29th, 2009

Exclusive Chat With Sam Raimi

I'm pumped.. This thing is testing through the roof:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15099

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/el-...into-hell-6062

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39920

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=9362

DVDs

Recent Flicks
    Jurassic World - 7/10
    Speed - 8.5/10
    John Wick - 9.5/10
    The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
    Interstellar - 8/10

I can't wait. Apparently it really pushes it's PG-13 rating. It's going to be a blast. Lohman is too beautiful.
    2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
    Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
    I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
    Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
    Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
    Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
    The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
    Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
    Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

Meh. Websites always give higher reviews when they get to see movies really early. Let's not forget Ain't It Cool gave a super extatic review to Godzilla when they got an early review only to retract their statement completely once the film actually came out stating "They just got caught up in the experience". So fuck the reviews completely.

I hope Raimi pulls it off but I don't really place much stock in the old horror guys who since the 80s have failed film after film. Admitedly Raimi hasn't failed, but he hasn't made a horror film in a while so I'm wondering how this one will be.
      Last edited by depecheanix; 01-29-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
        Meh. Websites always give higher reviews when they get to see movies really early. Let's not forget Ain't It Cool gave a super extatic review to Godzilla when they got an early review only to retract their statement completely once the film actually came out stating "They just got caught up in the experience". So fuck the reviews completely.
        Actually that doesn't apply to this website: http://www.latinoreview.com/

At all.. I've read them bash films after really early screenings.
        Last edited by Sea Hag; 01-29-2009, 07:49 AM.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Don't visit Latino reviews but I stick to my point about the others.

We've already heard how movies such as Frontier(s) were the second coming and as a result most people were hugely disappointed with it. I'm trying not to get my hopes up at all.
          Last edited by depecheanix; 01-29-2009, 07:52 AM.

Comment

he hasn't made a horror film in a while so I'm wondering how this one will be.
            The Gift was decent enough. DMTH looks great. I'm glad I saved that "car" clip that leaked a while back.

Comment

Plus I'm trying not to get my hopes up at all.
              That's an art.. 3 out of the 4 reviews said they jumped a couple of times. There's gotta be something to that. LatinoReview does seem on the up & up more than other sites though. (especially that el guapo dude) I know they bashed Miami Vice well in advance of its release date.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
              Jurassic World - 7/10
              Speed - 8.5/10
              John Wick - 9.5/10
              Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Oh yea

Can't wait to see this!!!
                My Movies
                +21 BRONZE TRADER

Comment

I'm really interested in this. It'll be interesting to see what Raimi has up his sleeve after the Spider-Man flicks.

Comment

It can only be better then Spider Man 3.
                    Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

Remember this is from Ghosthouse... you know the company that produced Boogeyman... The Messengers and Rise.

Comment

Remember this is from Ghosthouse... you know the company that produced Boogeyman... The Messengers and Rise.
                        The Grudge was great. Boogeyman 2 was fun (haven't seen 3). The Grudge 2 was watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by SLAYher View Post
                          The Grudge was great. Boogeyman 2 was fun (haven't seen 3). The Grudge 2 was watchable.
                          And your posts just keep getting more ridiculous.

Comment

hmmm true...but I'm still looking forward to seeing this. I'm going to try and ignore the hype until I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                              hmmm true...but I'm still looking forward to seeing this. I'm going to try and ignore the hype until I see it.
                              Oh absolutely. But I'm not gonna let hype kill this one for me.

There should be a little caution before we all start playing tummysticks.

Comment

Working...
                              X