Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'll explain it one more time for the Nightmare Warrior who think that people who don't suck this films cock don't get it.

    We get the film. We just don't like it as much as you do.

    Please accept this and move on. Seriously, you're just begging to be trolled.
    Last edited by Rusted; 11-24-2012, 08:06 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
      possibly the greatest slasher of all time!


      Horrorking? Really? With this statement I'm thinking you're more the HorrorJester?
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





      "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


      You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
      Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
      My little idiot..

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
        We get the film. We just don't like it as much as you do.

        Please accept this and move on. Seriously, you're just begging to be trolled.
        Yeah, the whole "you just didn't get it" cliche is really starting to bug me...understand people, we fucking got it, we just didn't fucking like it. End of story. Jesus, help us.
        B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

        Comment


        • I got the film, and I liked it. It's probably the best modern horror flick I've seen in awhile from the US. But it's not an instant classic or anything like that.
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





          "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


          You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
          Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
          My little idiot..

          Comment


          • Originally posted by oxley View Post
            It's probably the best modern horror flick I've seen in awhile from the US.
            I'm guessing you haven't seen Paranormal Activity 4?

            But it's not an instant classic or anything like that.
            I thoroughly enjoyed the movie myself. I don't think you have to be a horror fanatic to enjoy the film, but I do think that horror fanatics get WAY more out of it than the average viewer, and will enjoy it exponentially more.
            [SPOILER]The average viewer might well miss little moments like an electric shock passing through the knife so that Dana will drop it. Or, if they do catch it, they may not understand why it's so funny. Moments like that go by quickly, but for people who've seen dozens of slasher movie heroines drop the knife after stabbing the killer, it's comedy gold.[/SPOILER]

            By no means is it an "instant classic" but it definitely doesn't deserve all the hate that it's been getting. For people who didn't like it; try watching it again with an open mind (and on Blu-ray).
            B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shape View Post
              I'm guessing you haven't seen Paranormal Activity 4?


              I thoroughly enjoyed the movie myself. I don't think you have to be a horror fanatic to enjoy the film, but I do think that horror fanatics get WAY more out of it than the average viewer, and will enjoy it exponentially more.
              [SPOILER]The average viewer might well miss little moments like an electric shock passing through the knife so that Dana will drop it. Or, if they do catch it, they may not understand why it's so funny. Moments like that go by quickly, but for people who've seen dozens of slasher movie heroines drop the knife after stabbing the killer, it's comedy gold.[/SPOILER]

              By no means is it an "instant classic" but it definitely doesn't deserve all the hate that it's been getting. For people who didn't like it; try watching it again with an open mind (and on Blu-ray).
              I hate ever PA film, and I want everyone involved in them to be dead.

              And yeah I agree, I get some people don't like it at all, but IMO it's the best thing I've seen for awhile, keep in mind though that's no great fucking feat at all.
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





              "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


              You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
              My little idiot..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                I'll explain it for people are didn't get it once again. Cabin is a smart horror film and I like that. from the mind of the genius Joss Wheldon.

                The Cabin In The Woods is a meta-filmish and a satire for the horror genre alot like Scream. While Scream makes fun of all the cliches, CITW bunches every horror cliche together.

                In Cabin in the woods, the two people in the white shirts at the controls very much work as analogs for the filmmakers, even working as mouthpieces for Whedon and Goddard themselves.

                They are expected to perform a service, to set up the same rote scenarios, manipulate the people into expected roles so that certain expectations will be met. Its not just enough that these people be killed, they need to be "punished". There needs to be sex, because as one man says to the other "We're not the only one's watching." While that line certainly applies to other people at the company who wait with bated breath for nudity, the line is more referring to the elder gods downstairs. The elder gods for whom these people are turned into archetypes, led to perform certain actions and the brutally killed off one by one, are the audience, both within the film and on a less literal comentary level are the audience as in us. Additionally, as much as the people at the controls want something different (Merman!) they find themselves limited to the same old thing (Zombie Redneck torture family!).

                The Cabin In The Woods is a statement about horror. From the talk about how the Japanese have been doing it better than we have lately to the idea that the people watching are cheering on the deaths of characters who merely exist as stereotypes waiting to die. From the script writers placing these characters in cliche situations all the way to the movie's ending literally destroying all Horror movies and flat out saying "Now, someone take a shot at something new!!!" It's an examination and critique of Horror, and a call for more depth, better characterization, new ideas. It's also a critique of Horror fandom, as it slams us for demanding gratuitous nudity and becoming desensitized to the point of cheering when people are tortured and killed. These cliche ridden horror films are being made for a reason...the gods (us, and our money) demand them. It's time that we start to demand more, and thus the world of Horror is destroyed.

                At the end of the film, when the world ends, it isn't our world, it isn't "Earth". It means the movie was not a success, the character's world ends because the audience (The Gods) didn't enjoy the movie, they wanted the cliched horror movie. It means it was a bomb and there'll be no sequel. The audience wasn't satisfied with the end of the horror film, we crave for the correct orders these stereotypes die and when that doesn't happen, we the audience get angry. The whore must die first followed by the athlete, the scholar, the fool and the virgin must be the last one alive to ether die or defeat the evil that these characters bring upon themselves. The fool (Marty) was still alive and we the audience wanted the "virgin" Dana to be the only survivor and that didn't happen.
                Holy shit! What was I thinking? Now that you have explained the movie to me my eyes have become open to the legendary status of this film. I now LOVE this movie and shall be getting it on bluray soon.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                  I'll explain it for people are didn't get it once again. Cabin is a smart horror film and I like that. from the mind of the genius Joss Wheldon.

                  The Cabin In The Woods is a meta-filmish and a satire for the horror genre alot like Scream. While Scream makes fun of all the cliches, CITW bunches every horror cliche together.

                  In Cabin in the woods, the two people in the white shirts at the controls very much work as analogs for the filmmakers, even working as mouthpieces for Whedon and Goddard themselves.

                  They are expected to perform a service, to set up the same rote scenarios, manipulate the people into expected roles so that certain expectations will be met. Its not just enough that these people be killed, they need to be "punished". There needs to be sex, because as one man says to the other "We're not the only one's watching." While that line certainly applies to other people at the company who wait with bated breath for nudity, the line is more referring to the elder gods downstairs. The elder gods for whom these people are turned into archetypes, led to perform certain actions and the brutally killed off one by one, are the audience, both within the film and on a less literal comentary level are the audience as in us. Additionally, as much as the people at the controls want something different (Merman!) they find themselves limited to the same old thing (Zombie Redneck torture family!).

                  The Cabin In The Woods is a statement about horror. From the talk about how the Japanese have been doing it better than we have lately to the idea that the people watching are cheering on the deaths of characters who merely exist as stereotypes waiting to die. From the script writers placing these characters in cliche situations all the way to the movie's ending literally destroying all Horror movies and flat out saying "Now, someone take a shot at something new!!!" It's an examination and critique of Horror, and a call for more depth, better characterization, new ideas. It's also a critique of Horror fandom, as it slams us for demanding gratuitous nudity and becoming desensitized to the point of cheering when people are tortured and killed. These cliche ridden horror films are being made for a reason...the gods (us, and our money) demand them. It's time that we start to demand more, and thus the world of Horror is destroyed.

                  At the end of the film, when the world ends, it isn't our world, it isn't "Earth". It means the movie was not a success, the character's world ends because the audience (The Gods) didn't enjoy the movie, they wanted the cliched horror movie. It means it was a bomb and there'll be no sequel. The audience wasn't satisfied with the end of the horror film, we crave for the correct orders these stereotypes die and when that doesn't happen, we the audience get angry. The whore must die first followed by the athlete, the scholar, the fool and the virgin must be the last one alive to ether die or defeat the evil that these characters bring upon themselves. The fool (Marty) was still alive and we the audience wanted the "virgin" Dana to be the only survivor and that didn't happen.
                  Oh my thanks for explaining that i thought it was a social commentary about the socioeconomic decline of middle America. What was I watching?
                  All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
                    Holy shit! What was I thinking? Now that you have explained the movie to me my eyes have become open to the legendary status of this film. I now LOVE this movie and shall be getting it on bluray soon.


                    I can't even read it all. I hope he copied and pasted that.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                    "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                    You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                    My little idiot..

                    Comment


                    • despite if u love or hate this movie, it has already acclaimed cult film status.

                      In my books, its already a classic.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                        despite if u love or hate this movie, it has already acclaimed cult film status.
                        Cult? It's about as cult as Hostel, or Saw.

                        In my books, its already a classic.
                        I really have to get around to seeing this. Seems quite polarising for folks. There is no in-between. You either love it, or hate the fuck out of it.


                        Comment


                        • ^^^ u really should. Its thee greatest horror film ever maybe even even greatest movie.

                          the hate makes no god damn sense. This is a fantastic film.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                            ^^^ u really should. Its thee greatest horror film ever maybe even even greatest movie.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                              ^^^ u really should. Its thee greatest horror film ever maybe even even greatest movie.

                              the hate makes no god damn sense. This is a fantastic film.
                              Are you for real?
                              54 Hookers and Counting....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                                I really have to get around to seeing this. Seems quite polarising for folks. There is no in-between. You either love it, or hate the fuck out of it.
                                You're not missing much. This has to be one of the most overrated Horror Movies I've seen in a while.

                                The ending has some cool bits, but that's about it.


                                My DVD's/Blu's

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X