No announcement yet.

The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shining is overrated and extremely boring.

The Cabin In The Woods is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
      The shining is overrated and extremely boring.

Comment

i think have already watched this masterpiece like 100 times already, no bullshitting. Love the hell out of this film, its already an instant classic.

Joss Wheldon is a god and only his master writing could create something sooo good.
        Originally posted by Frey View Post
        Have you ever seen the Kubrick version of The Shining?

Anything Kubrick for that matter. Now that guy WAS the master.

I do like this movie, but NW constant dick sucking of it is overly extreme. We get it dude, it was the movie that was on when you lost your virginity. Chill.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• So do we know which former member NW is yet?

Comment

The shining is overrated and extremely boring.

Comment

• fuck scream and the rise of leslie vernon. The Cabin In The Woods is the best meta horror, best horror film and best movie period. Joss Wheldon created a film unlike any other, he is our god and the master of horror. Thank you Joss Wheldon for creating an instant classic like Cabin. Oh Hail the master of horror!

Its different in every culture. And it has changed over the years, but it has always required youth. The whore. Shes corrupted. She dies first. The athlete. The scholar. The fool. All suffer and die at the hands of whatever horror they have raised, leaving the last, to live or die. The virgin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                So do we know which former member NW is yet?
                Not one of the recent ones. She's not one of the well known ghosts that haunt us.

Comment

The Cabin In The Woods is the best meta horror, best horror film and best movie period.
                  "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

fuck scream and the rise of leslie vernon. The Cabin In The Woods is the best meta horror, best horror film and best movie period. Joss Wheldon created a film unlike any other, he is our god and the master of horror. Thank you Joss Wheldon for creating an instant classic like Cabin. Oh Hail the master of horror!
                    I like it way more than Scream and Leslie Vernon (I don't really like meta horror), but it's so fucking far from being the best movie ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                      Not one of the recent ones. She's not one of the well known ghosts that haunt us.
                      Wait...Warrior is a chick?
                      B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• Just bought this movie earlier today and recently finished my second viewing of it. I found it even better the 2nd time. The only thing I don't understand is why every country (or a least a few) do this same "ritual." Is it just a fail-safe to make sure that the "Gods" are pleased in case of a failure of a country(s) (like in the movie)? Or does each country have a separate ritual and set of Gods to please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sykopath View Post
                          Wait...Warrior is a chick?
                          Yessir.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                            Just bought this movie earlier today and recently finished my second viewing of it. I found it even better the 2nd time. The only thing I don't understand is why every country (or a least a few) do this same "ritual." Is it just a fail-safe to make sure that the "Gods" are pleased in case of a failure of a country(s) (like in the movie)? Or does each country have a separate ritual and set of Gods to please?
                            It's not completely clear, but I think there is just one set of Gods. The workers mention something about China being able to do it better, so it's possible they all have to please the same Gods.

After multiple viewings you'll catch more and more stuff.

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                            Yessir.
                            That's crazy. I'm, in no way, a sexist, but I guess I can understand the whole "this is a classic" shenanigans.
                            B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                              So do we know which former member NW is yet?
                              Kind of reminds me of (sorry, it's been so long that I forgot her name; I'm sure Bear Jew would remember) the Asian chick who was into the whole H2 Fiends thing.

Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                              Just bought this movie earlier today and recently finished my second viewing of it. I found it even better the 2nd time. The only thing I don't understand is why every country (or a least a few) do this same "ritual." Is it just a fail-safe to make sure that the "Gods" are pleased in case of a failure of a country(s) (like in the movie)? Or does each country have a separate ritual and set of Gods to please?
                              I've only seen it once but I was under the impression that [SPOILER]every country did it to increase the chances of success. I mean, if they fail, the gods don't just destroy that country but the world, right?[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
                                Kind of reminds me of (sorry, it's been so long that I forgot her name; I'm sure Bear Jew would remember) the Asian chick who was into the whole H2 Fiends thing.

I've only seen it once but I was under the impression that [SPOILER]every country did it to increase the chances of success. I mean, if they fail, the gods don't just destroy that country but the world, right?[/SPOILER]
                                That's my guess too. But say it took only one country to pull it off. Isn't that a lot of excess causalities from all the other countries? I guess it maybe be "justified" to meet certain goals, but still seems like it could end up to be many more human deaths than necessary.

Another thought I had is the idea behind the image the victims portrayed, such as The Whore, The Jock, The Virgin, etc... I get the concept, but how did that apply to the kids in Japan who were only elementary students? I doubt any of them had accepted their role as a "whore" yet. At least I would hope not.

Comment

Working...
                                X