The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
    That's my guess too. But say it took only one country to pull it off. Isn't that a lot of excess causalities from all the other countries? I guess it maybe be "justified" to meet certain goals, but still seems like it could end up to be many more human deaths than necessary.

Another thought I had is the idea behind the image the victims portrayed, such as The Whore, The Jock, The Virgin, etc... I get the concept, but how did that apply to the kids in Japan who were only elementary students? I doubt any of them had accepted their role as a "whore" yet. At least I would hope not.
    Japanese horror has its own set of rules, which I assume is why the idea those girls chose as their killer, came in the form of an asian ghost girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
      Kind of reminds me of (sorry, it's been so long that I forgot her name; I'm sure Bear Jew would remember) the Asian chick who was into the whole H2 Fiends thing.
      That would be Joe Grizz Hannibal...
      Last edited by The Bear Jew; 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
        The Cabin In The Woods is the best meta horror, best horror film and best movie period. Joss Wheldon created a film unlike any other, he is our god and the master of horror.
        Now what you should do is find a horror movie that's even better; consider expanding your horizons into other genres (of horror) and decades (the 80s are exceptional). That way you can come back to this forum and apologize for your 3 pages of stupid posts...
        All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
          Japanese horror has its own set of rules, which I assume is why the idea those girls chose as their killer, came in the form of an asian ghost girl.
          Good answer to a good question.

Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
          That would be Joe Grizz Hannibal...
          A-ha! See? I knew that you would know.

Comment

• Didn't mind it. Don't understand the insane hype though. Best part was Jesse Williams with his shirt off. And when the monsters were unleashed.

'Bout it.

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
              Didn't mind it. Don't understand the insane hype though. Best part was Jesse Williams with his shirt off. And when the monsters were unleashed.

'Bout it.
              I liked the banter between Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins a great deal and yeah, the monsters being unleashed was a great facet, but on rewatches the zombie hillbillies are kind of trite and the stoner/scholar is a bit annoying.

Not the genre redefining movie that people make it out to be, but I thought it was solid and good for return viewings.

Comment

• I guess i let the hype get to high because i ended up dissapointed, the film is not bad, it's just that its not the alltime classic many said it was.

Comment

• Personally I didn't like it either. I totally get what the film was doing with horror films but to me it seemed kind of dumb. The hows and the whys did not interest me at all. I sat there thinking yeah this is unique but its not very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo_wolf View Post
                    I guess i let the hype get to high because i ended up dissapointed, the film is not bad, it's just that its not the alltime classic many said it was.
                    Good lord, July 2003 join date? Welcome elder.

Comment

• going to have a one yr anniversary party for this movie in April where we watch this amazing classic all night and celebrate its brilliants.

Comment

going to have a one yr anniversary party for this movie in April where we watch this amazing classic all night and celebrate its brilliants.
                        I was trying to think of something witty to say about you being the only person at the party, but I couldn't.

Comment

going to have a one yr anniversary party for this movie in April where we watch this amazing classic all night and celebrate its brilliants.
                          54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• just deal with it, cabin in the woods is an instant classic. 1978 Halloween isn't the perfect horror movie 'cause cabin blows it out of the water and is superior in every way.

Comment

just deal with it, cabin in the woods is an instant classic. 1978 Halloween isn't the perfect horror movie 'cause cabin blows it out of the water and is superior in every way.

I'm speechless.

Comment

just deal with it, cabin in the woods is an instant classic. 1978 Halloween isn't the perfect horror movie 'cause cabin blows it out of the water and is superior in every way.
                                Cabin in the woods is a fun movie but, WTF!!!?

Comment

Working...
                                X