Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/

All that is known about this "top secret" horror movie is, that it takes place in a cabin...in the woods. it is being directed by Drew Goddard, who wrote Cloverfield and episodes of Lost. Goddard also co-wrote the film with Joss Whedon, who is producing as well.

excited to see how this is going to turn out. having Whedon's name on the film piques my interest even more.

hit the link for 2 extra posters:
    http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=11182

...interesting...

Comment

Joss Whedon, best known for making corny science fiction/supernatural teen dramas and Drew Goddard, writer of Lost and Cloverfield. Lost was a win for him but Cloverfield on the other hand recieved mixed reviews *most of which commented on the nauseating faux realistic camera work. I can only guess how this will turn out.

From looking at the posters it seems that they'll either make a play on typical horror movies of this day and age or fall right into the stereotype. Who knows maybe this time the characters will do everything right instead of the other way around. That wouldn't make it very interesting though. Lets face it, we like to see the bitch run in heels and break her ankle falling.
      Last edited by voodoo_dolly; 07-24-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I keep forgetting about this film since it just keep being kept in such a secrecy . But after seeing these posters today Im not gonna forget this one for the next few months. Can't wait to see more.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Maybe it's a remake of Evil Dead...
          KITTYSAFE.NET
          Facebook | Website
          | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
            Maybe it's a remake of Evil Dead...
            Evil Dead 2 was basically a remake of Evil Dead...either way, they better not touch it.

Comment

Good point, but still there've been more than one remake of a movie with far less time between them than this.

Personally I don't think this is a remake at all, not with Whedon involved. Homage yes, remake no..
              KITTYSAFE.NET
              Facebook | Website

Comment

True, and with the "have sex" line, Im not feeling Raimi. Could be good though, I enjoyed the creativity of Cloverfield. And the motion stuff didnt really bother me.

Comment

At the very beginning of Cloverfield I worried if it would bother me, but it didn't take long for me to feel like I was really in the movie and the camera was my first person point of view. I enjoyed the film.

I don't get a Raimi vibe from this either, what I do get is a near parody of early '80s horror, and that could be a really good thing.
                  KITTYSAFE.NET
                  Facebook | Website

Comment

I'm intrigued but need to know more about the film. I'm taking there's no trailers out as I couldn't find anything on Youtube. I'll be interested in finding out more about this one although it could go either way on being good or suckville.
                    Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                      Joss Whedon, best known for making corny science fiction/supernatural teen dramas and Drew Goddard, writer of Lost and Cloverfield. Lost was a win for him but Cloverfield on the other hand recieved mixed reviews *most of which commented on the nauseating faux realistic camera work. I can only guess how this will turn out.

From looking at the posters it seems that they'll either make a play on typical horror movies of this day and age or fall right into the stereotype. Who knows maybe this time the characters will do everything right instead of the other way around. That wouldn't make it very interesting though. Lets face it, we like to see the bitch run in heels and break her ankle falling.
                      I'm always shocked how people that are clearly deeply stupid learned to use a computer...
                      Wii: 2401 9155 1089 4233
                      MK Wii: 2020-0595-4746
                      My DVDs
                      Facebook
                      MySpace

Comment

We dont really have much to go on with this so no one can really day if it looks good or not from a poster.

Im going to wait for a trailer at least or plot and then see what I think.
                        My DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                          I'm intrigued but need to know more about the film. I'm taking there's no trailers out as I couldn't find anything on Youtube. I'll be interested in finding out more about this one although it could go either way on being good or suckville.
                          Same here. Seems like some good behind-the-scenes talent involved, but it's hard to judge to much from just a poster.

Comment

Let's look at what we do know.

Drew Goddard's directorial movie debut.
                            Co-written with Joss Whedon.

The movie stars Richard Jenkins, and Bradley Whitford from The West Wing. The only known stars in the film, one who will take any job, and the latter who needs to take any job.

$30 million budget which is pretty standard for mid range Hollywood horror.

Being co-produced by Jason Clark is not a good sign, the guy has produced some of the worst movies I've had the misfortune of seeing.

Menina Fortunato plays a zombie, there's a merman, a werewolf, someone known as the "Glass Smash Girl", an Elevator Guard, Woman in the woods, Demo Girl, Clean man... etc...

So you can get a slight idea based on the cast.
                            KITTYSAFE.NET
                            Facebook | Website

Comment

Supposedly plenty about it is known...the "script" was already leaked.

Supposedly the film is about:
                              [SPOILER]These two guys who lure 5 horror movie stereotype characters to a cabin in the woods and then have them attacked by werewolves, zombies, vampires, aliens and such. In the end when it gets down to the last person, it is revealed that it was basically all a set up for those two guy's amusement.[/SPOILER]

At least that is the word on the street...

Comment

Working...
                              X