No announcement yet.

The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the final battle from Evil Dead 2013 has been posted to YouTube....

Don't watch if you haven't seen the film, as this will spoil it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZGRv6-yZ4o

Comment

• The deadites could have been more characteristic and distinct, and the Abomination should have been more ancient and disgusting. Other than that I really enjoyed it. Seen it twice and will likely see it again.

Comment

• been checking amazon everyday for when it become available for preorder, i will be the first one who orders it.

evil dead 2013 is the greatest horror film of all time next to cabin in the woods, original nightmare

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
          evil dead 2013 is the greatest horror film of all time next to cabin in the woods, original nightmare
          ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
            been checking amazon everyday for when it become available for preorder, i will be the first one who orders it.

It's got an official Blu Ray release date of July 16th. Details on special features to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sycophant View Post
              The deadites could have been more characteristic and distinct, and the Abomination should have been more ancient and disgusting.
              Fucking word!

Whilst I did very much like the abomination sequence (probably my favorite scene of the movie), the abomination itself was so underwhelming. With a name like that, you'd expect something grotesque and malformed; endless possibilities for great creature/monster design, and they go with a fucking replica of Mia.

Lazy if you ask me.

Comment

• I am kind of excited about this. Would be nice with a more "serious" version I suppose

Rawr

Comment

• When I saw Evil Dead, there's one moment at the end of the movie where they close-up on Mia. I chuckled because it reminded me of a GIF. I just now found it and put both of them together

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

• Yeah, this movie was ok. Pretty much zero scares, ok gore, terrible acting. Overall disappointing.

It seems to be the way these days. Over hyped = poor return.

Comment

• For people complaining its over-hyped etc. I think its important to keep it in the context of remakes. As far as remakes go this is a good movie and its difficult to remake loved films, so for that it deserves some credit.

In the context of the genre its just a entertaining flick imo, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                        For people complaining its over-hyped etc. I think its important to keep it in the context of remakes. As far as remakes go this is a good movie and its difficult to remake loved films, so for that it deserves some credit.

In the context of the genre its just a entertaining flick imo, nothing more, nothing less.
                        I agree.

As far as remakes go, and one that is a remake of one of the genres classics, this is a pretty good flick. It could have been a hack job like most of the Platinum Dunes flicks, but it shows some genuine love went into making it.

Last edited by Rusted; 05-06-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FukO View Post
                          When I saw Evil Dead, there's one moment at the end of the movie where they close-up on Mia. I chuckled because it reminded me of a GIF. I just now found it and put both of them together

I'll be seeing it Friday finally and now when that part comes up I'll be reminded of that damn gif.
                          “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Originally posted by =ID= View Post
                            Yeah, this movie was ok. Pretty much zero scares, ok gore, terrible acting. Overall disappointing.

It seems to be the way these days. Over hyped = poor return.
                            I have a theory, the more it is hyped up and exaggerated the more I stay away from it. For example, the movie Bruno says on the case "Better than Borat" which told me if they had to put that then it really sucks and I was right. The good ones get little to no hype.

Does this have a dvd release date yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
                              I have a theory, the more it is hyped up and exaggerated the more I stay away from it. For example, the movie Bruno says on the case "Better than Borat" which told me if they had to put that then it really sucks and I was right. The good ones get little to no hype.
                              I think I would've been able to enjoy the movie a lot more, or at least for what it was, if it hadn't claimed to be "THE MOST TERRIFYING FILM YOU WILL EVER EXPERIENCE."

I can enjoy all kinds of horror films, but I like very tense, immersive ones the best and I sort of got the idea from the poster and some of the early reviews that that's what they were going for. But instead it's more of an absurd gore-fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by smartbomb View Post
                                I think I would've been able to enjoy the movie a lot more, or at least for what it was, if it hadn't claimed to be "THE MOST TERRIFYING FILM YOU WILL EVER EXPERIENCE."

I can enjoy all kinds of horror films, but I like very tense, immersive ones the best and I sort of got the idea from the poster and some of the early reviews that that's what they were going for. But instead it's more of an absurd gore-fest.
                                True that. The ones that scare the shit oot me are the ones I know fuck all about. I confess, sometimes I have judged a book by its cover and bought a DVD based on the cover e.g. .REC - luckily it turned out to be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X