No announcement yet.

The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tagline was obviously a play off the original tagline, "The Ultimate Experience In Grueling Terror." Still a poor choice though.

Comment

• If I wanted to watch something grueling I'd pop in Martyrs. Though I suppose its not terror, just like exhausting to watch.

Comment

• Watched it twice already and loved it both times. Watched the trailer at least 100 times as well lol

Comment

• Got my ticket for the midnite show for May, 15th.
          Godamn, there will be blood n' cheer!
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• amazon sucks. why do they already have pain and gain up for pre-order already and it came out later than evil dead but still nothing for evil dead 2013. i want to preorder it now.

Comment

• I'm WAY behind but finally going to see it tonight!
              http://slayersragex.dvdaf.com/

Comment

• I finally got to go and see this at the theater today.

It's a good movie. For a remake of a horror classic it does get a lot right. I like how it has its own story and isn't a photocopy of the original. It's a horror movie made for people who love horror movies,

I do think the violence is over hyped. It's gross and full on but it's not like anything we haven't seen before. [SPOILER]I love it when the blonde girls arm drops off after her cutting it with the electric knife.[/SPOILER]

Although not as great as The Fly, The Thing and Maniac it's certainly up there with Dawn of the Dead and The Hills Have Eyes.

4/5

Comment

• screw maniac. boring over hyped movie. EVIL DEAD is waaaay better.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                    screw maniac. boring over hyped movie. EVIL DEAD is waaaay better.
                    Do us all a favor and slit your wrists asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                      screw maniac. boring over hyped movie. EVIL DEAD is waaaay better.
                      Why isn't this troll banned yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                        Why isn't this troll banned yet?
                        Feels more like a Timeout to me.

Comment

• Evil Dead finally came to my town. About damn time!

Anyway, I thought it was a hell of a lot of fun. I thought the tone was very Evil Dead 2. Gorey yes but also hilarious at times.

The movie is only getting a very limited release here so the audience I saw it with were all horror fans. You could tell to because everyone was into it. Easily one of the best cinema experiences I've had in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by zigwardScissorHands View Post
                            Evil Dead finally came to my town. About damn time!

Anyway, I thought it was a hell of a lot of fun. I thought the tone was very Evil Dead 2. Gorey yes but also hilarious at times.

The movie is only getting a very limited release here so the audience I saw it with were all horror fans. You could tell to because everyone was into it. Easily one of the best cinema experiences I've had in a long time.
                            You in Australia ?

Where did you see it at ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                              You in Australia ?

Where did you see it at ?
                              yeah man, I live in Adelaide. The only cinema showing it here is the palace nova.

Comment

• Originally posted by zigwardScissorHands View Post
                                yeah man, I live in Adelaide. The only cinema showing it here is the palace nova.
                                I saw it at the Nova in Melbourne. Gotta love the Nova. They always come to the rescue for us horror fans.

The crowd I saw it with was quite mixed. They were a few people that looked like obvious horror fans but there were a lot of older people as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X