The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
    I could have done without it, it was one of the hokiest moments in the film.
    Pretty sure a crazy family in the woods killing somebody because they fear it's a demon isn't the hokiest thing in the movie.

Originally posted by Santa View Post
    Well, that went under my radar I guess. I was sure it was her.
    And yeah, that scene felt unnecessary, it distracted me pretty hard from the main plot.
    I forgot about it 10 minutes later.

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
    I agree although I liked the scene. It was a good shocking moment to start to flick.
    The only possible problem you should have with the opening scene is the dads acting ability. Other than that it was well done moment to establish what's going on for the newcomers.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Honestly I think the gore would've been more effective if 95% of it wasn't spoiled in the trailer.

That's why I'm dead against red band trailers.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
        Honestly I think the gore would've been more effective if 95% of it wasn't spoiled in the trailer.

I think the gore would've been more effective if the critics didn't over hype it.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
          Honestly I think the gore would've been more effective if 95% of it wasn't spoiled in the trailer.

I completely agree. Just about every single gore shot was in the trailer and it ruined the film for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
            I completely agree. Just about every single gore shot was in the trailer and it ruined the film for me.
            I have to agree. While I loved the film, the trailer and all the hype for the gore made me go into this film expecting the most brutal bloodshed ever put to celluloid. I was let down....and left with a half empty stomach.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
              I have to agree. While I loved the film, the trailer and all the hype for the gore made me go into this film expecting the most brutal bloodshed ever put to celluloid. I was let down....and left with a half empty stomach.
              They pretty much showed everything in the trailers which I believe they said they weren't doing.

Comment

It's still a gory film but the level of violence was very over hyped.

Comment

I have to agree. I was let down....and left with a half empty stomach.
                  Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                  Seeing this yet again on Saturday.

That makes it 6 times so far... yeah, you can say I like this film.

They pretty much showed everything in the trailers which I believe they said they weren't doing.
                  I don't watch trailers or read reviews unless it's an absolute necessity, one way or another the spoilers spill out, IE: Dredd's trailer.

inhale

exhale

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post

What part of me loving the movie did you not understand Ultimate High? But I was expecting more....

Comment

• I didn't mind the trailer spoilers, and they certainly put my ass in a theater seat. What I found most curious is all the reviewer comments about how worthless "the blond chick" is, when in actuality, she figured heavily into my enjoyment of the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by VampressTristine View Post
                        I didn't mind the trailer spoilers, and they certainly put my ass in a theater seat. What I found most curious is all the reviewer comments about how worthless "the blond chick" is, when in actuality, she figured heavily into my enjoyment of the film.
                        You mean David's girlfriend, Natalie? Everyone's calling her worthless but that's only because she had about 3 lines in the entirety of the film. She did get the honor of paying homage to Ash's famous scene in EDII and her line when she comes to after wreaking havok on David and Eric with the crow bar was hilarious. I didn't mind her too much.
                        "Look down on me, you will see a fool. Look up at me, you will see your Lord. Look straight at me, you will see yourself."

"Act well your part, there all the honour lies."

Comment

• Originally posted by rg_lovecraft View Post
                          You mean David's girlfriend, Natalie? Everyone's calling her worthless but that's only because she had about 3 lines in the entirety of the film. She did get the honor of paying homage to Ash's famous scene in EDII and her line when she comes to after wreaking havok on David and Eric with the crow bar was hilarious. I didn't mind her too much.
                          She was a damn highlight in the film. The beatdown with the crowbar, her piece by piece dismemberment and her overall deadite-look (the most creepy one in the film) was well done. She was one hell of a vicious deadite-slut.

I did and it still keeps me wondering, because the book rules stated, [SPOILER]that the abomination sets in, when five souls are finally demonized. But as far as I know, only one didn't become a deadite. That was Mia's brother, am I right?
                          So no abomination should have even happened...confusing! [/SPOILER]
                          I still don't have a proper answer to that.
                          Last edited by Santa; 05-16-2013, 05:00 PM.
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• evil dead dvd cover

http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Dead-Jane...evil+dead+2013

oh and no Mia was the best part of the film. but i am bias because I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Jane Levy.

Comment

• i'm looking forward to rami going back to the well, I just hope he sticks with his style and doesn't modernize it too much.

Comment

• I was VERY impressed. It's hard to compare it to the originals as its completely different, (which Im not a massive fan of anyway, personally Think they are HUGELY overrate)d. Especially in tone and the overall feel.

I loved it, the gore was awesome, little CGI stuff and the prac effects were done well. The only negatives

SPOILERS!!! were the ghost slit from The Ring popping up everywhere for the first 30 minutes. And the ending, although visually awesome, it was retarded seeing some powerful demon summond from He'll to do absolutely nothing and be killed with ease. END SPOILERS!!!!

Otherwise it was pretty damn good,'but those stopped it from being better, I'd say its a watch for sure.
                                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                                Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                                My little idiot..

Comment

Working...
                                X