No announcement yet.

The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna wait and see what this movie is like when it comes out. Raimi may not be directing but we don't know how much input he is going to have in the movie, and if it turns out he's directing the director, then it might not be so bad. But at the same time, if that is the case, then why the hell isn't he just directing himself?

Plus, Bruce is getting on a bit now. It might be a nice change to see a fresh face take this franchise in a different direction.

Hopefully they keep the same humour and violence of the original. That is what I love most.

Not to mention the tree rape.
    I am Damned Of Hell... here to tear your soul apart!

Comment

• You guys forgot she is a big horror fan. Argento and Lewis were mentioned and displayed in Juno. I don't think she's going to have a big influence over the script which she calls brilliant. I think it's more of a spit and polish. I'm not really worried about it, and the more I think about Fede Alvarez as the writer/director I'm liking it. I'm sure Raimi see's himself in him because he's pretty damn innovative. Panic Attack! was made for 300 bucks. Remember Raimi signed him up to his production company to make Panic Attack! for 30 million 2 years ago. Not sure what happen there. Perhaps he pitched Raimi on his version of Evil Dead and he liked it. Don't know. He's young and hungry and lets see what he does here. At worst it sucks and we still have the originals. Raimi and Campbell love the series just like we do. I highly doubt they are going to royally fuck this up. Now, if they weren't involved then all bets are off.

I'm more concerned with who the hell is going to play Ash?
      Last edited by cubbiechris; 07-14-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damned Of Hell View Post
        I'm gonna wait and see what this movie is like when it comes out. Raimi may not be directing but we don't know how much input he is going to have in the movie, and if it turns out he's directing the director, then it might not be so bad. But at the same time, if that is the case, then why the hell isn't he just directing himself?

Plus, Bruce is getting on a bit now. It might be a nice change to see a fresh face take this franchise in a different direction.

Hopefully they keep the same humour and violence of the original. That is what I love most.

Not to mention the tree rape.
        Probably because he has no interest remaking his own movie.

Comment

• With this remake, all the major 70's and 80's horror franchises will have been remade, excepting Poltergeist (although some would argue Insidious has already leeched it dry). Left are only (what most consider) the second-tier, and therefore less likely to be remade, franchises: Phantasm, Re-Animator, etc.

Comment

• as a horror who tries to watch as much as I can, I have watched A LOT of shit. because I have watched such terrible movies, I will definitely watch an Evil Dead remake no matter what. anything with Evil Dead in its name will be more worth watching than lots of other crap I've seen. I'm excited, but expectations aren't insanely high.

Comment

• Originally posted by bebopman182 View Post
              and Drag Me To Hell was amazing. I cannot wait to see this
              Scratches head
              Badasses, Boobs and Body Counts
              Badasses, Boobs and Body Counts Twitter

Comment

• So is it supposed to be a direct remake or an Army of Darkness 2?

Comment

• Most likely a direct remake.
                  “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• It's a "quasi-remake" according to Sam.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodypacman View Post
                      It's a "quasi-remake" according to Sam.
                      So..it'll kind of be a remake but it's also a sequel? Reminds me of the beginning of Evil Dead 2 if that's what I'm thinking a quasi-remake is.
                      “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginobili View Post
                        So..it'll kind of be a remake but it's also a sequel? Reminds me of the beginning of Evil Dead 2 if that's what I'm thinking a quasi-remake is.
                        Maybe it is in the same timeline but doesn't have Ash or anything. A new cabin in the woods story with all new characters.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

• Can't fucking wait!

Comment

• Bruce Cambell said on his twitter that it is a remake, not Evil Dead 4. Regardless, it should be exciting.

Comment

• "Regardless" my ass. Evil Dead 4 would have been amazing. This will just be another shitty remake. That's a fuckload of "regard."

Comment

• ye of little faith...

Comment

Working...
                                X