The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
    I disliked Reanimator. AOD is certainly my least favorite in the series, as it did pretty much turn into a slapstick comedy act, but the humor in part 2 was demented and well done.
    How the hell can you dislike Re-Animator?

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
      Some have drawn comparisons to the F13 reboot. Is the new Evil Dead going to combine Pts.1 & 2 so that Ash wields the chainsaw? I'd rather they stick to the scare tactics of Pt. 1 and leave the chainsaw arm in history.
      Nobody knows yet. I'm sure a chainsaw will be involved. It's too iconic not to include it.

Comment

• I'm still not sure why this or any classic movie needs to be remade. Bruce Campbell is Evil Dead. No other actor can step even try to step in his shoes. The only way this movie could have worked was making it a sequel with Bruce. Who the hell wouldn't want to see that? A remake is just a bad bad idea.

Comment

• I am going to see it because...its The Evil Dead. I wont be able to not see it.

That being said, this remake has some very, very large shoes to fill. I think of myself as one of the more forgiving horror fans around here but honestly? Why? It's already perfect.

I have a feeling that the "feeling" of the original is going to be lost completely to special effects and CGI. I really don't care who the writer is or where she danced naked. This should be left alone!

Comment

• Originally posted by scarletsimple View Post
            I am going to see it because...its The Evil Dead. I wont be able to not see it.

That being said, this remake has some very, very large shoes to fill. I think of myself as one of the more forgiving horror fans around here but honestly? Why? It's already perfect.

I have a feeling that the "feeling" of the original is going to be lost completely to special effects and CGI. I really don't care who the writer is or where she danced naked. This should be left alone!
            Wholeheartedly agree.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by disanti
              What they are really doing is a remake of a remake.
              Wouldn't be the first time

Which is stupid
              agreed

"And out of the chaos a voice spoke,'Smile and be happy, for it can always get worse'. And I smiled and I was happy, and things did get worse."

Comment

• Originally posted by disanti
                Say what you want but Evil Dead 2 IS all ready a re-make of Evil Dead 1 but with a little more production value. What they are really doing is a remake of a remake. Which is stupid, unless, they plan on turning this thing into a series that will lead into a remake of Army of Darkness & a brand new 3rd film.
                No it isn't. Minus the reshot opening it's a continuation of the first. Yeah they're essentially the same but most Horror sequels are. It's a full sequel, not a remake.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxLuvr72 View Post
                  I get the feeling they are running out of ideas for new movies so they are remaking old ones.

Welcome to 15 years ago.
                  KITTYSAFE.NET
                  Facebook | Website
                  | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

• This remake cycle has less to do with a lack of fresh ideas as much as it has to do with corporations going the safe route with name-brands they know they can sell based on reputation and precedent. It's essentially the same concept as the 80's sequel binge only with less numbers.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
                    The Gingerdead Man
                    Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
                    Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games

Comment

• Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
                      This remake cycle has less to do with a lack of fresh ideas as much as it has to do with corporations going the safe route with name-brands they know they can sell based on reputation and precedent. It's essentially the same concept as the 80's sequel binge only with less numbers.
                      Exactly. And I don't think they've run out of fresh ideas. There's tons of solid movies released each year world wide. Hollywood is a business and remakes and sequels are easy money, but it helps them afford riskier projects like Inception.

Comment

• anyone think evil dead 2 was scarier and better than part 1?
                        both were GREAT movies. but evil dead 2 was more professional and
                        badass ash >>>>>>> confused scared helpless ash.

i think if they remake this, ash will be the only thing they get right. they will cast a decent actor who will do a fine job under impossible circumstances.
                        they however will screw up pretty much everything else,ala nightmare on elm street.
                        BASTARD!! BASTARD!! BASTARD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoolSERAZ View Post
                          anyone think evil dead 2 was scarier and better than part 1?

i think if they remake this, ash will be the only thing they get right. they will cast a decent actor who will do a fine job under impossible circumstances.
                          they however will screw up pretty much everything else,ala nightmare on elm street.
                          I enjoy part one alot more than two.

Comment

badass ash >>>>>>> confused scared helpless ash
                            I prefer Ash to be vulnerable so that he has a more interesting character arch and the ending seems more poignant. Speaking of the original ending, was that the first horror film to show the zoom into the mouth of a screaming character? I've seen it in countless horror films since '81.

Comment

anyone think evil dead 2 was scarier and better than part 1?

I don't think either of them were scarier, but 2 is pretty fucking awesome. So many classic scenes. The pacing is much better than part 1.

Comment

• I don't know about a female lead but we don't need Ash. I don't want him in it either. Can't replace Bruce.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

Working...
                                X