The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vomited Soul View Post
    To each his own, but for me it's the other way around. I think modern horror as a whole needs to lighten up and quit taking itself so seriously.
    Meh. I think the whole Scream crap ruined horror for me. I long for the days of the 80's where you had serious horror and lighten-up horror like Evil Dead 2, Re-Animator, and Return of the Living dead. Those are three movies that balanced horror and comedy with characters to perfection. Thus, we are getting re-makes after re-makes of those very same 80's movie.

Anyway, back to Evil Dead remake will suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
      Zero facts? I just gave you a bunch of facts, including some about the actual script. You do realize extrapolation is not without merit, right? So, in the event that the current facts are in line with the final product (as so often is the case) what will you say?
      I'll say it sucks, but I can't do that without seeing nothing about it. I'm not going to sit here and waste energy thinking it'll suck without seeing the end product. Hey, I didn't have hopes for that no name Zack Snyder remaking Dawn of the Dead, but it was a helluva end product. I don't think it even compares to the original, but I was very satisfied. I like having a hungry young director trying to prove himself. That sometimes leads to a creative joy. Like when Raimi made Evil Dead. So in short, if it sucks it sucks, if it's good congrats to all.

And lets face it if you saw a script for Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 it wouldn't light your world on fire. Those movies are great not because of the script, but because of Raimi manic energy.
      Last edited by cubbiechris; 04-01-2012, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
        Meh. I think the whole Scream crap ruined horror for me. I long for the days of the 80's where you had serious horror and lighten-up horror like Evil Dead 2, Re-Animator, and Return of the Living dead. Those are three movies that balanced horror and comedy with characters to perfection. Thus, we are getting re-makes after re-makes of those very same 80's movie.

Anyway, back to Evil Dead remake will suck.
        I won't disagree on Scream. But I think horror has gone too far in the other direction, to the point where movies with inherently campy premises like Black Christmas are played 100% dead straight and thus become unintentional comedy.
        Last edited by Vomited Soul; 04-01-2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I won't disagree on Scream. But I think horror has gone too far in the other direction, to the point where movies with inherently campy premises like Black Christmas are played 100% dead straight and thus become unintentional comedy.
          I think the problem with horror is the directors. If we are talking Adam Green being the savior of horror these days we are in deep shit. Thank god for the foreign movies cracking out the goods (esp. France).

Comment

• I am not too worried if it is bad. The only thing I have to do is apologize to my boyfriend for dragging him to the theater to go see it. It's not like it is going to ruin the originals for us fans. If it is crappy it will be forgotten and the originals will still stand firm in the horror movie genre. Respect wise it's still no biggie because it's being remade by the ones who wrote it. It is their movie so they have the right to do whatever they want with it.
            Rowsdower!

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
              I think the problem with horror is the directors. If we are talking Adam Green being the savior of horror these days we are in deep shit. Thank god for the foreign movies cracking out the goods (esp. France).
              I won't dispute that either. I can't stand the whole shaky-cam, quick-cut, oversaturated music video style that most horror uses these days. I have mixed feelings on CGI, since I grew up in the 90's when it was just becoming the in thing.

Comment

I won't dispute that either. I can't stand the whole shaky-cam, quick-cut, oversaturated music video style that most horror uses these days. I have mixed feelings on CGI, since I grew up in the 90's when it was just becoming the in thing.
                I grew up in the 80's and it was joyous time for horror. Just a great fucking era.

Comment

To each his own, but for me it's the other way around. I think modern horror as a whole needs to lighten up and quit taking itself so seriously.
                  There's two sides of modern horror I see, the ultra serious, realistically grounded "no nonsense" type, and the over-the-top, lets push the envelope and chock this movie full of as much blood, guts, boobs and stupidity as we can. For me, I can't see myself rallying for either side if those are the only choices we are given. It's the same as saying, "I'm going to chop off some of your limbs, but, I'll give you a choice. Either you can keep your right arm and left leg or your left arm and right leg.". Either way, you're still left with the final decision that will cost you an arm and a leg, and neither choice is, in actuality, better than the other(unless you factor if you're right handed or left handed). Are these really the choices we are given nowadays, either totally straight-faced seriousness or wacky, chaotic endulgence? There's nothing inbetween. It almost like that whole scene when everybody over preached that the world is not black or white, but gray just didn't happen. It's all extreme this or extremem that, and you HAVE to pick sides, or get shot up by Puffy like in that South Park episode.

Comment

• Great...another remake....hope it doesn't suck like the rest of the remakes that have been put out.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by magnaderalpha View Post
                      It's the same as saying, "I'm going to chop off some of your limbs, but, I'll give you a choice. Either you can keep your right arm and left leg or your left arm and right leg.". Either way, you're still left with the final decision that will cost you an arm and a leg, and neither choice is, in actuality, better than the other(unless you factor if you're right handed or left handed).
                      Yeah, dexterity is farily important.

Comment

• I'll see it just because The Evil Dead series is one of my favorites, but it won't be the same without Bruce Campbell, that's for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by SEXXYEVIL77 View Post
                          Great...another remake....hope it doesn't suck like the rest of the remakes that have been put out.
                          I agree. I can't stand remakes myself. Don't get your hopes up about this if it happens. Believe me, you'll be let down. I've felt let down since the 80s!

Comment

• So, Bruce has seen the final version and says it's as memorable as the original, and you know Bruce wouldn't lie to Evil Dead fans.

Comment

• Sam Raimi should take a que from another director and jump off a bridge while clutching the original print of this movie before it has a chance to tarnish the Evil Dead brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Visitor Q View Post
                                Sam Raimi should take a que from another director and jump off a bridge while clutching the original print of this movie before it has a chance to tarnish the Evil Dead brand.
                                I see you're not a fan of Beverly Hills Cop II?

Comment

Working...
                                X