Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
    It looks on par as all that other stuff.
    I think it looks quite a bit more brutal than most recent remakes. Looks like it has some nasty and creative kills. Not trying really hard to be ridiculous like the Saw films and gritty enough to mirror the original film.

    Still, we might have to wait through an hour of stupid teenagers talking to each other before the fun starts.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

      Still, we might have to wait through an hour of stupid teenagers talking to each other before the fun starts.
      This is what worries me, and the fact that the teen talk is coming from the pen of Diablo Cody makes me shudder.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        I think it looks quite a bit more brutal than most recent remakes. Looks like it has some nasty and creative kills. Not trying really hard to be ridiculous like the Saw films and gritty enough to mirror the original film.

        Still, we might have to wait through an hour of stupid teenagers talking to each other before the fun starts.
        The trailer looks no different than what we've seen in the past 10 years or so. If the movie turns out to be great then that's awesome but I have some serious doubts.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Heathen View Post
          - A greater emphasis seems to have been placed on the exterior of the cabin, i.e. the forest, a pond/swamp, mud crawling, raining blood, etc.
          this is something i'm very excited about.
          2015 song draft



          the cramps - surfin dead
          rob zombie - living dead girl
          public image limited - the order of death
          L7 - pretend we're dead
          michale graves - dawn of the dead
          patti smith - dead to the world
          the pixies - dead
          bukka white- fixin to di blues
          omd - forever (live and die)
          bif naked - i died

          Comment


          • That whitish tinge screams an "it's only a dream or a bad acid trip" scenario. Aso, the hung cats are a nice touch.

            Comment


            • Did the original Evil Dead have bad acting? Yes. It was also made for around $100, and the actors were probably paid with food. I can accept that.

              This is a multi-million dollar production. The least they could do is hire competent actors.

              That being said, we're all jumping the gun a little bit based on 90 seconds of footage. The gore looks good, but everything else is still a mystery.


              Comment


              • I don't care if i'm jumping the gun, i havn't had anything horror wise to be excited about in a long ass time....i'm gonna have my fun and be happy with what i see, cause it's how i honestly feel about this movie.

                Comment


                • Didn't see the "real" trailer posted here before, so here we go.

                  [YOUTUBE]zxLjqazSmQo[/YOUTUBE]

                  Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                  This is a multi-million dollar production. The least they could do is hire competent actors.
                  And that's my main problem with it. The millions of dollars, which are involved in this...chances are high, that it will be overpolished and flooded with CGI and fountains of computer-generated blood - hence killing off the charm of the original.

                  Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                  That being said, we're all jumping the gun a little bit based on 90 seconds of footage. The gore looks good, but everything else is still a mystery.
                  Troof. And therefore I will try to keep my mouth shut, until I see the final outcome. It's basically senseless to discuss a movie only based on a few minutes, which are stitched hysterically to an appetizer to please the masses.
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

                  Comment


                  • I'm not an over huge ED fan, and I do think the originals are rather overrated. I enjoy them but I don't think they deserve the platform they stand on.

                    I'll be watching this I haven't overly hated anything I've saw, but some pictures could look better, I haven't watched any of the trailers so I won't comment there. I can't see it being any worse thatn the originals, I do hope it keeps the tongue in cheek humour.
                    Last edited by Oxley; 10-25-2012, 06:32 AM.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                    "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                    You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



                    Comment


                    • I think the trailer looks good .. It's just the whole "brown" lense lighting gives everyone the "modern day remake vibe "

                      Comment


                      • Excitement level peaked slightly from the 0 level it was at previously. I was surprised......that is all.

                        Comment


                        • Evil Dead is one of my all time favorites, along with it's sequels and I wasn't too thrilled about this, that is until I saw the trailer. Now I'm excited as shit for this one.

                          It looks like it's going to be a gorefest, which I'm stoked about because most of the gore these days is either shit and not done well, or they cut away, but it looks like they went all out with this one. I also want to see how it comes out with the more serious tone.

                          Fuck my previous thoughts about it, I'm pumped for this. I just hope it doesn't let me down.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
                            Fuck my previous thoughts about it, I'm pumped for this. I just hope it doesn't let me down.


                            dats the spirit!
                            2015 song draft



                            the cramps - surfin dead
                            rob zombie - living dead girl
                            public image limited - the order of death
                            L7 - pretend we're dead
                            michale graves - dawn of the dead
                            patti smith - dead to the world
                            the pixies - dead
                            bukka white- fixin to di blues
                            omd - forever (live and die)
                            bif naked - i died

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
                              Evil Dead is one of my all time favorites, along with it's sequels and I wasn't too thrilled about this, that is until I saw the trailer. Now I'm excited as shit for this one.

                              It looks like it's going to be a gorefest, which I'm stoked about because most of the gore these days is either shit and not done well, or they cut away, but it looks like they went all out with this one. I also want to see how it comes out with the more serious tone.

                              Fuck my previous thoughts about it, I'm pumped for this. I just hope it doesn't let me down.

                              Comment


                              • Wicked trailer. Definitely interested. I like the tone and what seems to be a decent amount of gore and intensity. It probably won't be paradigm shifting but it still may be a hell of a time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X