• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in that toilet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
      What's in that toilet?
      Judging by your taste in movies, i'd say most of your dvd collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
        You do realize we like the same movies. lol Are you saying Pet Sematary is in that toilet?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
          This kind of expression leads only to fighting.

But honestly folks... this movie has the potential to kick ass. It also has the potential to be a shiny turd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
            You do realize we like the same movies. lol Are you saying Pet Sematary is in that toilet?
            I'm just fuckin' with ya Heathy. It's all good...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

But honestly folks... this movie has the potential to kick ass. It also has the potential to be a shiny turd.
              Exactly. It can go either way but that's the case with most of these reboots.

Comment

• I hope Diablo left a few in that toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                  Exactly. It can go either way but that's the case with most of these reboots.
                  The Hills Have Eyes (in my opinion) is a shining example of how a remake can retain the idea and feel of the original but improve on it in so many ways. Unfortunately, I'm more skeptical about Evil Dead because the original is universally seen as a classic whereas the Hills Have Eyes was more of a cult hit. How many ultra-classic films have received remakes that are regarded as stellar??

I know this is an entirely superficial point... but one that I have no hesitation making in light of how major studios have treated films in recent years.

Comment

The Hills Have Eyes (in my opinion) is a shining example of how a remake can retain the idea and feel of the original but improve on it in so many ways. Unfortunately, I'm more skeptical about Evil Dead because the original is universally seen as a classic whereas the Hills Have Eyes was more of a cult hit. How many ultra-classic films have received remakes that are regarded as stellar??

I know this is an entirely superficial point... but one that I have no hesitation making in light of how major studios have treated films in recent years.
                    Again, I agree.

Most of the classics are handled so badly, yet the less popular ones succeed. DOTD and THHE are two exceptions of classic horrors that were redone the right way.

It's so easy to be skeptical when there have been so many awful reboots.

Comment

Again, I agree.

Most of the classics are handled so badly, yet the less popular ones succeed. DOTD and THHE are two exceptions of classic horrors that were redone the right way.

It's so easy to be skeptical when there have been so many awful reboots.
                      Do you mean Day Of The Dead? I hope you mean Dawn. I disliked both, but Day was shit as.

I've never been a fan of the original Dawn and I wasn't impressed by the remake either.

Apart from that I agree, although I did enjoy the Friday remake, but I don't really consider the Friday films "good".
                      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
                        Do you mean Day Of The Dead? I hope you mean Dawn. I disliked both, but Day was shit as.

I've never been a fan of the original Dawn and I wasn't impressed by the remake either.

Apart from that I agree, although I did enjoy the Friday remake, but I don't really consider the Friday films "good".
                        Dawn Of The Dead, obviously.

I like MBV 3D. That was a good one and then there are ones like The Thing, The Blob and They Fly. The good remakes are few and far between.

Comment

Dawn Of The Dead, obviously.

I like MBV 3D. That was a good one and then there are ones like The Thing, The Blob and They Fly. The good remakes are few and far between.
                          MBV was shit as fuck. I mainly hated it though because of that Jensen ass fucker. He needs to stay away from entertainment. He can't act. At all. My cardboard cut out of Freddy would have been more believing. And I hate how they shit all over the Harry Warden myth. It's fun to watchg in 3D but that's about it.

Man, everything was good in the 80's, even the damn remakes were great. Everything has just gone downhill.
                          A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• the Dawn of the Dead remake is hit or miss with me... I really loved it when I first saw it but it doesn't hold up well with repeat viewings.

Can we even consider the Day of the Dead "remake" a remake? Just a movie with the same title....

I'm indifferent towards the Friday the 13th remake.

Having said that... this Evil Dead remake looks to have way more balls than most mainstream remakes. At least in the violence category. Being a red-band trailer, I wouldn't be surprised to see a more tame theatrical release.... The more I watch and think about this trailer, the more excited it makes me. I just can't get excited because I know I'll be pissed off in the end.

Comment

the Dawn of the Dead remake is hit or miss with me... I really loved it when I first saw it but it doesn't hold up well with repeat viewings.

Can we even consider the Day of the Dead "remake" a remake? Just a movie with the same title....

I'm indifferent towards the Friday the 13th remake.

Having said that... this Evil Dead remake looks to have way more balls than most mainstream remakes. At least in the violence category. Being a red-band trailer, I wouldn't be surprised to see a more tame theatrical release.... The more I watch and think about this trailer, the more excited it makes me.
                              Yeah true on Day.

And for me, F13th had what any of the other films had. Apart from kewl FX.

And the few things I've seen (bar that first pic of Reagan) look good for this. I was disappointed no Ash at first, but I don't really want to see an Ash without Campbell. I'm not really looking forward to it, but that's because I'm not the greatest fan of the originals. I like them, but I think they are rather overrated. I'll see it one way or another.

Comment

• It's no wonder those who admire the Dawn remake also pedestal the Hills one. They have the same aesthetic: steady cam, limited cuts for the quiet scenes and shaky, hyperediting for the action scenes. That was the 00s remake model.

Comment

Working...
                                X