The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the EVIL DEAD Facebook page:

Australia has a release date for Evil Dead 2nd of May. confirmed by Village Road Show. And has been given a large Rated "R" 18+ from the Censorship board. Here's hoping they havn't cut to much

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
      You don't seriously expect them to be informed on the subject, do you?

The joke of it all, is that The Passion Of The Christ is one of the most violent movies ever released, and Christian groups were not only completely fine with it, they promoted it, and in some cases had private screenngs for families.
      You havent seen much violence in movies I assume. People only say this because its Jesus. Sure its hard to watch but I sure as hell wouldnt say its one of the most violent movies ever.

Comment

• The trailer looks promising. I hope it delivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
          You havent seen much violence in movies I assume. People only say this because its Jesus. Sure its hard to watch but I sure as hell wouldnt say its one of the most violent movies ever.
          No, people say it, because it's true. People don't get too offended by it though, because it's Jesus.

Anyways, I was talking mainstream. Nobody gets all up in arms over stupid shit like A Serbian Film, or August Underground because it's not going to reach the masses.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
            From the EVIL DEAD Facebook page:

Australia has a release date for Evil Dead 2nd of May. confirmed by Village Road Show. And has been given a large Rated "R" 18+ from the Censorship board. Here's hoping they havn't cut to much
            Hope not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
              The joke of it all, is that The Passion Of The Christ is one of the most violent movies ever released, and Christian groups were not only completely fine with it, they promoted it, and in some cases had private screenngs for families.
              They recognized that the torture Jesus went through was shown mercilessly and maybe even accurately without being misanthropic in terms of being sadistic for the sake of being sadistic. The subject was the Holy Son, not a victim of crazy demons. But quite frankly, I don't care. I won't defend those morons in any kind of way.
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                From the EVIL DEAD Facebook page:

We are getting a censored version due to the high level of violence.

Still rated R though. Our R is the US NC-17.

Comment

• Here's the International Green band trailer. It has no blood or guts, but it has alot of different footage....

[YOUTUBE]M_epa-IP7rM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• I'm so stoked for this movie! I fell in love with horror with the first trilogy so I'm trying not to get my expectations too high. When I first heard Bruce wasn't wasn't playing Ash in this I got kinda pissed off, but after having seen the trailer I can totally see why. I will miss his awesome one-liners but there should be enough gore to make me quickly forget. Heres to hoping its not a piece of shit after editing/censoring!

Comment

• Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
                      I'm so stoked for this movie! I fell in love with horror with the first trilogy so I'm trying not to get my expectations too high. When I first heard Bruce wasn't wasn't playing Ash in this I got kinda pissed off, but after having seen the trailer I can totally see why. I will miss his awesome one-liners but there should be enough gore to make me quickly forget. Heres to hoping its not a piece of shit after editing/censoring!
                      "Gimme some sugar baby."

Theres a rumour that Bruce will be in it in some shape or form.

Comment

• Comment

• ^ ^
                          Holy crap...those little gif fuckers look damn intimidating.
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Wasn't impressed by the teaser trailer, however I just watched the Red Band trailer and it was much better. I am a huge fan of the original Evil Dead films and normally do not enjoy remakes, however from watching the trailer, this has the potential to be good.

I will not get too pumped for it as I do not want to be let down with the final product, but I am looking forward to this, first horror film I've looked forward to in a good while, the tongue cutting made me cringe which is rare for me. However I do not think we should get ahead of ourselves at this stage, I can't see the film being the "shot in the arm" that modern horror needs, but rather a great modern remake of a horror classic, along the same lines as Dawn of the Dead.

Comment

• http://collider.com/evil-dead-remake-nc-17-rating/

ITS OFFICIAL, EVIL DEAD GETS AN NC 17 RATING, AFTER FEW CUTS, GETS A STRONG R RATING.

Comment

• EVIL DEAD RATED NC-17. CUT FOR R RATING

Not really a big deal. An NC-17 would kill it at the box office. It just means that we'll get a juicy unrated version on blu and DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X