The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
    Fair enough bro. Just understand I have inside my own head sometimes that some movies are something that I figure EVERYONE should enjoy in one form or another. I'm like that when I talk to folks who doesn't like Jason and I just have to know why. I guess growing up with these movies has given me a certain kind of fondness towards them.
    I understand that man. I'm the same with Krueger flicks.

I do like Evil Dead, I just wasn't blown away by it, I will say though I find myself liking it more and more with each viewing.

These deadites just look far, far too clean in this though.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

• Am I the only one who saw the main promo still and immediately thought the deadite looked obnoxiously similar to every Asian ghost girl in the last decade and a half? Almost grinning at you thinking to herself "yes, I'm a derivative piece of shit based more on other remake-type shit than the original Evil Dead."

Eh, even if the deadites look somewhat off as long as that knife through tongue thing is a small sample of other nasty painful things in the movie I'm on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
        I understand that man. I'm the same with Krueger flicks.

I do like Evil Dead, I just wasn't blown away by it, I will say though I find myself liking it more and more with each viewing.

Although Krueger is at the bottom of my favorite slasher list I'll never give him any hate because I've watched those movies just as many times as I've watched my favorites. I do the same thing with movies to bro were at first I think I don't like it but for a few days after I feel I shoudl watch it again and end up liking it more and more with each viewing.

Honestly though I like the look of these Deadites. The clean look gives them a bit more of a creepiness like this could actually happen to me out there kind of vibe if that makes sense. I showed my wife the trailer the other day and just like with me she's a Horror junkie and Mia's character in the cellar gave her the creeps. I honestly couldn't help myself and read the script awhile back and you could see every single scene in the trailer that they were talking about. I think this movie will be good and more than likely a good 7/10 from most of us guys who are very familiar with these movies and a 9/10 for those who are just getting into horror or not really at all familiar with the genre in general. All in all I look to be entertained this April but I'm not looking for anything other than that.

Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
        Am I the only one who saw the main promo still and immediately thought the deadite looked obnoxiously similar to every Asian ghost girl in the last decade and a half? Almost grinning at you thinking to herself "yes, I'm a derivative piece of shit based more on other remake-type shit than the original Evil Dead."

Eh, even if the deadites look somewhat off as long as that knife through tongue thing is a small sample of other nasty painful things in the movie I'm on board.
        I wouldn't say Asian at all. I would go more along the lines like lets say Inside, Martyrs, Frontiers, like the newer French horror movies that were pretty extreme. Like it was made by those guys with The Evil Dead story, with some type of Nasty, Oily, just utterly fucking disgusting, type of look with a little look of dread. I know that probably makes no sense but that's just me.
        Last edited by zaglewiz; 02-03-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Those are all fine gifs!

This one looks like she is puking a scarf out:

"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• The tongue splitting is the one that gets to me every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
                The tongue splitting is the one that gets to me every time.
                Same here. I get the chills every time I see it. Fucking gnarly.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                  Same here. I get the chills every time I see it. Fucking gnarly.
                  Love that too but I hate that I'm getting my hopes up. That never works out for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
                    That's my main concern after watching the trailers. I still think I'll see this though (Mainly for that "cut it" scene).
                    54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Here's a "First Look" at Evil Dead. It might have been played in theaters, but i'm not sure as i havn't been there as of late...

Sorry for the poor quality...

[YOUTUBE]Bk_STYCIuUE&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                        Here's a "First Look" at Evil Dead. It might have been played in theaters, but i'm not sure as i havn't been there as of late...

Pause it and look at 0:46 on this. I didnt know Jesus was involved in this film.

Comment

Here's a "First Look" at Evil Dead. It might have been played in theaters, but i'm not sure as i havn't been there as of late...

It's the trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
                            I totally understand why we have ratings, but after I saw that documentary I got super pissed.

I dont want to spend my paying movie-going experience worrying about how it will effect the 3 year old in front of me.... parents need to get babysitters or wait till its on dvd.
                            That always pisses me off when I go to the movies. What the hell are these asshat parents thinking? Are they do lazy to call a babysitter, or leave their kids with friends/relatives for a couple of measily hours while they go out to watch an R-rated movie? Are they just THAT cheap? Are they just that stupid? In all seriousness, this isn't just a gripe because the screaming, crying babies being triggered with each loud sound in a movie, you kinda wonder if the parents just don't give a damn about their kids either. What kind of parents would willingly take their sensative children to something that would constantly evoke those children getting the SHIT scared out fo them and endless fits of screaming and crying. That's pretty shitty parenting.

Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
                            I myself think this movie looks pretty nasty and is going for one of those slowly building up the body images as the movie progresses vibe.....maybe? But honestly how could you not be that big of a fan of the original? I guess its the old man in me growing up loving that movie and trying to understand why lol
                            I think it's just another generation's logic. I'm pretty old(not THAT old, but in my early 30s), and when I grew up, it's not like, because I was a kid in the 80s or teen in the 90s, that I scoffed at all that before my time, or found it hard to connect to it. I never really seen that much contemptment for older eras than what you see today. I mean, as a kid in the 80s, even though the whole Universal movie monsters were before my time, I still was fan of classic Lugosi Dracula and Karloff Frankenstein. I still loved watching the original Blob and Fly movies. There was just that "respect" people had for that kind of thing, even young people.

LOL, though, THAT makes me sound old!

And I thought the chicks from the original movie looked alright. It's kinda funny with the more aim to make movies "more grounded in realism", female characters are getting more unrealistically hotter. You can say the chicks in the original were more "realistic" looking, as they could be basically "that normal/average looking chick" that you'd probably hang out with in college. I mean, face it, by Hollywood/media standards, the most pretty real girl tends to be average in the world of "hot actresses and super models".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                              It's the trailer.
                              It's the trailer, with some interview footage that was apparantly played in theaters. I'm one of those who hasn't seen these interview clips cause i havn't been to a movie in a while. I'm sure there are other people who havn't seen this either.

Comment

Thanks for the link Iggy, I always love watching those "First looks" when I arrive early to a movie!

Comment

Working...
                                X