The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
    The original Evil Dead is still 1,000,000 times better than this one though.
    We all knew beforehand, that it won't surpass the original.
    Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
    Was not a fan, the blood was good the gore was good, kill scenes were goo, but...I was disappointed. The opening scene was pointless, and it ha d a couple of " no fuckin shit moments," such as when David touched the torched support beam, and said "something was burned here" then there was a flashback to 5 minutes prior in the movie; i fuckin hate that with a passion and turned me off. Also why was the possession like a worm vine thing? Also why is it that duct tape was able to solve every problem? Im sure it was an inside joke to Ash in ED 2, but that worked because that film was a comedy. This was not.

favorite line:
    "We ahve to kill you sister."
    " We arent fuckin killing anyone!"
    - girl 2 scenes before got her head bashed in with a toilet bowl.

It just didnt seem fun...
    Thanks for spoiling. Use the godamn spoiler tags!
    Originally posted by The Geek View Post
    Did anyone else think the deadites here looked more like the demons from Lamberto Bava's Demons than the original Evil Dead?
    Now I know of what the green eye tint reminded me. Thanks Geeker!
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• l thought the deadites all looked like Reagan from The Exorcist, and also some things that they said were similar, like [SPOILER]Mia telling her brother she'd suck his cock, or pointing out the fact that their mother was burning in Hell.[/SPOILER]

The only thing l found truly disappointing was that nothing really surprised me. lts kind of your standard "kids go to a cabin and die" movie. Of course, that's what the original was as well, but that was thirty years ago, when that wasn't already done to death. Today, give me something fresher and more inventive.

The gore was good but l'm desensitized to that shit. l wanted a better story, maybe something that encapsulated more from the other films as well [SPOILER]l think it might have been cool to see the castle of Candor. l was also upset that "the book" seemed to be all about Satan and witchcraft, and not quite the Necronomicon from the original movies.[/SPOILER]

And the thing at the end of the credits was just lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post

Thanks for spoiling. Use the godamn spoiler tags!
        How did that spoil anything? The duct tape comment was a make or break for you? I don't think anything i mentioned was crucial to any part of the movie. The girl being burned is so pointless to the rest of the movie that it wont hamper your ability to enjoy the rest of it. Anyways sorry...

[YOUTUBE]hcAhGKnSc3Q[/YOUTUBE]
        Last edited by Robcbh; 04-06-2013, 12:00 PM.
        All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• 11.9 million opening day... looks like this is gonna be a pretty decent sized box office hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
            11.9 million opening day... looks like this is gonna be a pretty decent sized box office hit.
            Nice, bring on the sequels.
            57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
              Nice, bring on the sequels.

I was reading an article in Horrorhound and sadly Jane Levy said she would probably never do another a horror film because of all the makeup and prosthesis.

Comment

• Everybody was busy this weekend including myself. Ill have to wait til next saturday. What's another week.

Comment

• I liked it, but it wasn't scary.

The movie did make me cringe a lot, though.. which was cool. I loved the gore and the deaths, more so in this movie than in most others. I just wish it scared me. I wanted nightmares! Fear!

I did have a question, though, that I didn't understand...

[spoiler]The book said the demon had to take over 5 souls. So the nurse, the blonde, the Jesus looking guy and Mia... that's only four. What was the fifth soul? I thought maybe it was the dog, but my friend said that didn't really make sense.. why didn't the demon just kill a bunch of animals to secure its place in the world, then? That seemed to be really unanswered. [/spoiler]
                  "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Panic View Post
                    I liked it, but it wasn't scary.

The movie did make me cringe a lot, though.. which was cool. I loved the gore and the deaths, more so in this movie than in most others. I just wish it scared me. I wanted nightmares! Fear!

[spoiler]The book said the demon had to take over 5 souls. So the nurse, the blonde, the Jesus looking guy and Mia... that's only four. What was the fifth soul? I thought maybe it was the dog, but my friend said that didn't really make sense.. why didn't the demon just kill a bunch of animals to secure its place in the world, then? That seemed to be really unanswered. [/spoiler]
                    [SPOILER]You forgot the brother. I think it had to kill 5 people, so technically his death should count.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Panic View Post
                      I liked it, but it wasn't scary.

Yeah this bothered me too...

Comment

• I hope a torrent hits soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post

I was reading an article in Horrorhound and sadly Jane Levy said she would probably never do another a horror film because of all the makeup and prosthesis.
                          yeah, i saw that too, and it's a shame cus she was far and above the best performer in the movie.

saw it last night and loved it, as i knew i would. i just knew i couldn't go wrong with a loving tribute to a classic flick shot in the eerily magical forests of new zealand, loaded with practical effects up the ass.

there were some minor flaws--most of the actors, particularly shiloh fernandez, were awful; the beginning was a touch schmaltzy; and it probably could have been ten minutes shorter--but these are minor. i had a blast, the audience had a blast, and while i was at no point scared (i mean, i'm 41 and have watched mostly horror films since i was five), there were plenty of cringe worthy moments, gruesome reveals, and a touch--yes, just a touch--of meaningful moments that hooked me both with their feeling and the way they harkened back to ash and shelly in evil dead 2. i liked the way the possessions worked, i liked how wet the movie was, i loved the locations, and i thought the opening was a clever and unique grab.

it wasn't the original evil dead, which is fine and, really, desirable. in fact, i thought there was almost too much reverence, primarily in a few too many camera shots that were pure raimi. i like self-acknowledgement though, and there were plenty of great nods to the original, without being distracting. honestly, the tone of this movie was so different and delightful, fede didn't need to ape sam's camera at all.

and anyone who didn't like the treat at the end of the credits, well your grinchy heart is three sizes too small.
                          2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
                          rob zombie - living dead girl
                          public image limited - the order of death
                          L7 - pretend we're dead
                          michale graves - dawn of the dead
                          patti smith - dead to the world
                          the pixies - dead
                          bukka white- fixin to di blues
                          omd - forever (live and die)
                          bif naked - i died

Comment

• Just a couple more hours...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
                              Just a couple more hours...

I considered seeing it again tonight, but decided to catch up on some more draft movies instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                                Yeah this bothered me too...
                                What about...[SPOILER]the teenage girl in the opening?[/SPOILER]

Comment

Working...
                                X