X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
    What about...[SPOILER]the teenage girl in the opening?[/SPOILER]
    Perhaps

[SPOILER]But I thought they were killing her to stop The Abomination from rising... And since she died and her soul was out to rest the main characters in this movie restarted the process... I really don't know. I think a sequel is going to clarify these questions. I do like that they got creative enough with the mythology to keep things exciting even if everything isn't fully clear at this point.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      Perhaps

[SPOILER]But I thought they were killing her to stop The Abomination from rising... And since she died and her soul was out to rest the main characters in this movie restarted the process... I really don't know. I think a sequel is going to clarify these questions. I do like that they got creative enough with the mythology to keep things exciting even if everything isn't fully clear at this point.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Everyone died at the end Mia was technically dead but brought back by her brother...that's 5 souls guys[/SPOILER]...
      Last edited by The Bear Jew; 04-06-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• [SPOILER]I thought the home-made defibrillator was pretty cool. It reminded me of Evil Dead II when Ash first put his chainsaw together, or AoD, when he made his new hand.[/SPOILER]
        57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• I just got back from Evil Dead and I have no qualms giving it a 10/10.

Easily the most enjoyment at a theatre since Django Unchained and The Cabin In The Woods.

The amount of violence and sadistic nature of the evil dead totally helped this film totally surpass all expectations that I had..

The film was extremely creepy and the evil dead looked like an incredible hybrid of the original and Demons....

This film chewed up, swallowed, allowed it to digest in it's bile filled stomach, then threw it up and stomped to death the original films, it's that much superior to all 3 combined....

Run don't walk to your local movies and drown yourself in it's viscera...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
            [SPOILER]Everyone died at the end Mia was technically dead but brought back by her brother...that's 5 souls guys[/SPOILER]...
            [SPOILER]I don't buy that she was brought back so the soul wasn't given up...[/SPOILER]

Comment

I just got back from Evil Dead and I have no qualms giving it a 10/10.

Easily the most enjoyment at a theatre since Django Unchained and The Cabin In The Woods.

The amount of violence and sadistic nature of the evil dead totally helped this film totally surpass all expectations that I had..

The film was extremely creepy and the evil dead looked like an incredible hybrid of the original and Demons....

This film chewed up, swallowed, allowed it to digest in it's bile filled stomach, then threw it up and stomped to death the original films, it's that much superior to all 3 combined....

Run don't walk to your local movies and drown yourself in it's viscera...

Fucking loved it as well! I'm surprised actually and super happy lol

Comment

[SPOILER]I don't buy that she was brought back so the soul wasn't given up...[/SPOILER]
                [SPOILER]
                It was taken back by her resuscitation, but it still counted to awaken "The Abomination"...[/SPOILER]

Comment

Fucking loved it as well! I'm surprised actually and super happy lol
                  I loved how nihilistic the film was, it was truly unrelenting. So much so a few couples actually left from it....

Evil Dead grabbed me by the throat from the get go and never let go....

Did anyone stick around the the stinger at the end of the credits?

Comment

[SPOILER]
                    It was taken back by her resuscitation, but it still counted to awaken "The Abomination"...[/SPOILER]
                    Works for me lol

I would still like some clarification in a sequel perhaps!,

[SPOILER]Either way the Abomination/blood rain was a-fucking-mazing [/SPOILER]

Comment

I loved how nihilistic the film was, it was truly unrelenting. So much so a few couples actually left from it....

Of course! Read my review a few pages back... I thought this movie was relentless as hell. Great stuff.

Comment

• I can't score it higher than the original film. For me the original is still the more effective and scarier film.

But the remake still kicks a whole lot of ass.

Comment

I especially loved how Mia [SPOILER]dispatched The Abomination!!![/SPOILER]

Comment

I did.

SPOILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvUaIRQsM4

I could see that becoming someone's sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                              I can't score it higher than the original film. For me the original is still the more effective and scarier film.

But the remake still kicks a whole lot of ass.
                              100 percent agree.

The original is just that... Original. Legendary for reasons we don't have to repeat.

This is a creative and colorful remake to say the least.. I was a naysayer but Im glad to say I loved this remake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post

I especially loved how Mia [SPOILER]dispatched The Abomination!!![/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]The Abomination was creepy as hell, especially it's malformed tits.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]It also had one of the best horror movie deaths I've seen in a while.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Working...
                                X