Clear All

• An interesting rumor about an alternate ending:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=75955
    57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
      An interesting rumor about an alternate ending:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=75955
      Heard about that....seems they cut it down to what it is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
        Heard about that....seems they cut it down to what it is now.
        I wish they had kept it in, to be honest.

There's a weird article on AICN where one of the writers is describing things which clearly didn't happen after the credits.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61859

Comment

• Best review l've read. l agree with this guy 100%...some of you won't...

http://lovecraftzine.com/2013/04/06/...-in-the-water/

Comment

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
            Best review l've read. l agree with this guy 100%...some of you won't...

http://lovecraftzine.com/2013/04/06/...-in-the-water/
            I decided not to read it as soon as I read the title.

I really like the Spill Crew's reviews, but I'm skipping their one for Evil Dead because I've heard it's too fanboyish.

All I know is that for the most part I had a good time watching the movie and I'll most likely pick up the dvd when it comes out. I might get a bootleg to hold me over until the official version is released with special features.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
              I decided not to read it as soon as I read the title.

I really like the Spill Crew's reviews, but I'm skipping their one for Evil Dead because I've heard it's too fanboyish.

All I know is that for the most part I had a good time watching the movie and I'll most likely pick up the dvd when it comes out. I might get a bootleg to hold me over until the official version is released with special features.
              l'm sure l'll buy the blu-ray. l didn't completely dislike it, though the more l think about it the more certain things bother me.

[SPOILER]Are these even Candarian demons? The book seems to center on Satan and Hell, while l always suspected the demons from Raimi's films were from another dimension.

l also found the Abomination rather disappointing. Seems like it should have been some sort of great monstrosity, like the tree-thing from Evil Dead 2. But that would have probably been too effects heavy for a film that tries to remain somewhat practical viscerally.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                I hope a torrent hits soon.
                I hope not. The temptation to watch it would be too ish.
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                  I hope not. The temptation to watch it would be too ish.
                  I'm dying to see it. Released May 16 here.

Comment

• I enjoyed it. It wasn't as impressive or intense as I'd been led to believe, but it was still an enjoyable experience. The effects were cool and I really liked the dark tone used throughout. No major gripes or anything. I'd watch it again but I'll wait until it comes out on home media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
                      I enjoyed it. It wasn't as impressive or intense as I'd been led to believe, but it was still an enjoyable experience. The effects were cool and I really liked the dark tone used throughout. No major gripes or anything. I'd watch it again but I'll wait until it comes out on home media.
                      No it really wasn't.
                      The movie got pretty boring towards the end and the gore wasn't what I was expecting at all. It actually seemed pretty tame to me. It's not a terrible movie just no where near as good as some are making it out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                        l'm sure l'll buy the blu-ray. l didn't completely dislike it, though the more l think about it the more certain things bother me.

[SPOILER]Are these even Candarian demons? The book seems to center on Satan and Hell, while l always suspected the demons from Raimi's films were from another dimension.

l also found the Abomination rather disappointing. Seems like it should have been some sort of great monstrosity, like the tree-thing from Evil Dead 2. But that would have probably been too effects heavy for a film that tries to remain somewhat practical viscerally.[/SPOILER]
                        [SPOILER]I really liked the Abomination, especially when it was in the shed with the machete.

Maybe we'll see bigger creatures in a sequel.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• 26 million opening weekend, not bad at all. I can definitely see a sequel happening as long as it doesn't stumble too badly (like the F13th reboot or Texas Chainsaw 3D) next weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                            26 million opening weekend, not bad at all. I can definitely see a sequel happening as long as it doesn't stumble too badly (like the F13th reboot or Texas Chainsaw 3D) next weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed!
                            Good news but apparently audiences aren't digging the movie. C- cinemascore... Pretty hard to determine how accurate that is but I can't believe how many people are saying its a terrible movie... Wtf

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                              Good news but apparently audiences aren't digging the movie. C- cinemascore... Pretty hard to determine how accurate that is but I can't believe how many people are saying its a terrible movie... Wtf
                              General audiences are way too tough to satisfy these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                                It seems like the majority of people who go to the movies nowadays have shit taste. It's why bad movies tend to do REALLY well at the box office.

Comment

Working...
                                X