Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    $26 million.....

    Drop off doesn't really matter now. There will be a sequel.
    This news pleases me, good job horror fans!

    Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
    True. The hype surrounding the gore and everything really hurt the way I saw the film. And, in all honesty, it really wasn't any bloodier than most horror films. I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.

    Oh, and one gripe I thought of... I could really do without heroic characters saying some stock, pun line just before delivering a deathblow to the antagonist. That shit got old back in the 90s.

    Did people see a cut PG-13 version of Evil Dead? The version I saw was insanely gory and on top of that the onscreen violence was very mean spirited....I'm thinking Hannibal and Justin must watch snuff films for kicks or something...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
      This news pleases me, good job horror fans!




      Did people see a cut PG-13 version of Evil Dead? The version I saw was insanely gory and on top of that the onscreen violence was very mean spirited....I'm thinking Hannibal and Justin must watch snuff films for kicks or something...
      Idk I thought it was twisted as well...

      Comment


      • Man how fucking stupid.

        I was watching it with my old lady and she brought up a point. Nothing is really explained for people who have no ideas what the original was. It was just gore for gore sake. It got ridiculous after midway through the movie. The hype surrounding this movie helped it? But I was bored with it.

        I think the less is more needs to come back

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Porn N Gore View Post
          Man how fucking stupid.

          I was watching it with my old lady and she brought up a point. Nothing is really explained for people who have no ideas what the original was.
          Evil Dead 2013 is it's own film and everything is explained fine...I'm confused what your old lady was even trying to convey to you?

          Comment


          • Let me ask

            I think the book's origin and what's it's doing there
            The amount of souls required
            [SPOILER]how the guy says that they (who are they? Satan devil angry Mexicans) need 5 souls. How does one get the souls? Do they have to be killed by a demon person for it to count or just killed. At the end Mia was brought back to life. So did she have her soul?how do we know? If she wasn't then there was not five souls total. Black chick long haired hippe blond girl and brother. That's four only. ???[/SPOILER]

            I think they just threw blood and gore at the audience and said fuck it about plot and bad acting.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Porn N Gore View Post
              Let me ask

              I think the book's origin and what's it's doing there
              The amount of souls required
              [SPOILER]how the guy says that they (who are they? Satan devil angry Mexicans) need 5 souls. How does one get the souls? Do they have to be killed by a demon person for it to count or just killed. At the end Mia was brought back to life. So did she have her soul?how do we know? If she wasn't then there was not five souls total. Black chick long haired hippe blond girl and brother. That's four only. ???[/SPOILER]

              I think they just three blood and gore at the audience and said fuck it about plot and bad acting.
              This post is somewhat hard to decipher but let me give it a shot....

              [SPOILER]There was 5 teenagers, all were killed. Mia was brought back to life by her brother. Her death "counted" even though she was resuscitated back to the world of the living....[/SPOILER]

              The plot was fine as was the characters, this was a horror movie remember
              , not some Oscar winning subtitled drama in B&W....

              Comment


              • Wait. Death doesn't count only the soul does right? So [SPOILER]if when Mia comes back her soul does to? [/SPOILER]

                And to use the excuse that since its a horror movie bad acting and lack of plot are excused is just lame. We can praised the effects but then forgive anything else under the rug of its a just a horror movie?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Porn N Gore View Post
                  Wait. Death doesn't count only the soul does right? So [SPOILER]if when Mia comes back her soul does to? [/SPOILER]

                  And to use the excuse that since its a horror movie bad acting and lack of plot are excused is just lame. We can praised the effects but then forgive anything else under the rug of its a just a horror movie?
                  I'm going to say [SPOILER]that she lost her soul[/SPOILER]

                  The acting wasn't bad though, in fact it was quite sufficient. I felt for quite a few of the characters...

                  The plot was fine too...it's a dead teenager movie plain and simple.... What were you expecting?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
                    I'm going to say [SPOILER]that she lost her soul[/SPOILER]

                    The acting wasn't bad though, in fact it was quite sufficient. I felt for quite a few of the characters...

                    The plot was fine too...it's a dead teenager movie plain and simple.... What were you expecting?
                    A masterpiece damnit! He was expecting a masterpiece!

                    And Porn n Gore has a girlfriend!!???
                    Bow to the Schlock King

                    B-Movie Madness


                    Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                      A masterpiece damnit! He was expecting a masterpiece!
                      A modern horror masterpiece at least

                      And Porn n Gore has a girlfriend!!???
                      I find this very hard to believe... no one plays that many games unless they're forever alone...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Porn N Gore View Post
                        Let me ask

                        I think the book's origin and what's it's doing there
                        The amount of souls required
                        [SPOILER]how the guy says that they (who are they? Satan devil angry Mexicans) need 5 souls. How does one get the souls? Do they have to be killed by a demon person for it to count or just killed. At the end Mia was brought back to life. So did she have her soul?how do we know? If she wasn't then there was not five souls total. Black chick long haired hippe blond girl and brother. That's four only. ???[/SPOILER]

                        I think they just threw blood and gore at the audience and said fuck it about plot and bad acting.
                        I actually believe this film is an existential drama about the dangers of drug abuse... So many subtleties and nuances in the mise en scene that really give the viewer an idea about how hellish the figurative prison of drugs can be. I found the script was a clever balance of common horror tropes and post modern American linguistics. The color palate and use of low camera angles really enforces the concept of being miniaturized by addiction and helplessness.

                        Comment


                        • Something more then just buckets of blood. IDK maybe Im getting old and the whole throw blood and shit at the wall and call it a movie is getting tired to me.

                          I dont have a girlfriend..Old Lady. Literally she is older than me.

                          Comment


                          • Hi. Been a awhile since I've posted here. New forum sucks. This one is better. Ok, got that out of the way.

                            I watched the 8pm showing and I have mixed feelings about this remake/re-imagining.... whatever you want to call it.

                            The Good
                            I liked the tone of the movie. Like the original, it was horror, not horror/comedy like Evil Dead 2. Effects were awesome. Buckets of blood, gore, etc.

                            Not so Good
                            [SPOILER]I think the beginning of the movie, burning the girl, was not necessary. Didn't need to show it. Who gives a shit really. It seemed like it was their solution to what the tape recording was in the original. You got that back story to what had happened there before. But in the remake it seemed like a throwaway scene to me. Didn't care for the brother's little flashback of the girl burning when he touched the pillar..... what, is he seeing visions? Which brings me to the dog. He sees the hammer and has a flashback of what looks like Mia hammering the dog. Again, he sees this because what? Is he psychic? That, "You're all going to die tonight" line...... ok whatever. The whole 5 souls thing...... it takes 5 to make an Abomination of Mia. Big fucking whoop. I was expecting something grander than that. I was disappointed. I didn't buy that whole deal with the flaming tree, brother has a bright idea, bury Mia, she comes back to life like nothing happened, not a scratch. Don't get me wrong. The whole blood rain and Abomination death scene.... that was awesome.

                            It was just little things that irked me. They just seemed contrived.
                            [/SPOILER]

                            Overall...... 6/10. It was worth the watch. It just didn't impress me. Maybe a couple more viewings might change my mind.... maybe.


                            He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

                            Comment


                            • Rumor going around on Facebook, is that Evil Dead will not be shown in Australian theaters. Don't know how true that is, but wow... that would suck.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                                Rumor going around on Facebook, is that Evil Dead will not be shown in Australian theaters. Don't know how true that is, but wow... that would suck.
                                Rusted won't approve this at all.
                                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X