Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Wtf this was WAY better than the Friday the 13th reboot
    I agree (even though I like that reboot)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
      I agree (even though I like that reboot)
      I liked it too. This had way more edge and was far more creative.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        I liked it too. This had way more edge and was far more creative.
        That's because Fede Alvarez is a far more creative filmmaker than Marcus Nispel.

I don't think Nispel gave a damn about F13th and it was just a job to him. Alvarez on the otherhand is a huge Evil Dead geek and it shows in the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
          The whole 5 souls thing is one of the standout points of stupidity in this pretty terrible movie.

[SPOILER]Mia was killed before her brother was killed, which, according to the kid with the glasses, should have cleansed everything and ended the "ritual" or whatever. They allotted themselves a giant loophole by allowing her to be buried alive when the other two choices were burning and dismemberment, obviously much more permanent fixtures. Then, she gets dug up and revived without any sort of brain damage even though she was underground with a fucking bag over her head. Then the brother dies and this somehow allows this Abomination thing to come out of the ground? So are we now saying that Mia doesn't have a soul? And what the fuck is this Abomination thing? Some dirty man with no shirt? Not even a little bit scary. And apparently he has no powers because he can't do anything except for crawl after Mia and then get chainsawed. Even the raining blood was dumb to me. "How can we top the amount of blood from the original? How about lets make it rain blood for no reason."[/SPOILER]

That was just a stream of thought so it may not make much sense, but it is just a small portion of my dislike for this movie and an example of stuff that just didn't make any sense or was completely uninspired.
          That was a major question my old lady had and supposed it was answered in the movie..

Comment

• Went and saw this on Sunday and really loved it!!!

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
            Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
              I'm trolling because I didn't care for it? It's an average remake on par with friday the 13th.

You need to shut the hell up.
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                That's because Fede Alvarez is a far more creative filmmaker than Marcus Nispel.

I don't think Nispel gave a damn about F13th and it was just a job to him. Alvarez on the otherhand is a huge Evil Dead geek and it shows in the film.
                I thought Nispel did a good job with TCM in retaining a lot of the grime and dirtiness of the original, but he seemed to be phoning it in with F13. Anyone could have been in the directors chair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                  The whole 5 souls thing is one of the standout points of stupidity in this pretty terrible movie.
                  And what happens if your initials don't spell out D-E-M-O-N? Do you end up with a L-E-M-O-N instead? And what happens if you end up with a M-E-L-O-N instead of a L-E-M-O-N because they share the exact same letters?

Evil! Fucking! Fruit!
                  Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post

You need to shut the hell up.
                    I need to shut up why? Because I'm not blowing my load over another "meh" remake? Have you even seen the movie yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
                      True. The hype surrounding the gore and everything really hurt the way I saw the film. And, in all honesty, it really wasn't any bloodier than most horror films. I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Oh, and one gripe I thought of... I could really do without heroic characters saying some stock, pun line just before delivering a deathblow to the antagonist. That shit got old back in the 90s.
                      Saw it a day ago, and I agree with this.

I went in expecting to LOVE this movie, but I didn't. I did like it though.

I actually felt like it could've delivered more with the gore, too. The person I went with who isn't a horror fan at all (and hates gory stuff) even said they expected it to be "worse" than it was. Maybe the uncut DVD will deliver the goods.

I hated the line before she killed the main deadite at the end too, but other than that it was a cool death. Definitely the money shot of the film. Overall I'd give the movie a 7/10. I was thinking it'd be as good as The Hills Have Eyes remake, but it wasn't IMO.

I hear they are going to make a few of these movies, and then a movie that crosses over with both Ash and Mia, that would definitely be cool.

Comment

• Is Diablo Cody's dialog very noticeable in this or not really ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
                          I hear they are going to make a few of these movies, and then a movie that crosses over with both Ash and Mia.
                          Fuck remake sequels! Just give me Evil Dead 4/Army Of Darkness 2 with Raimi and Campbell!

The remake was decent, but they need to just leave it alone now.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                            Fuck remake sequels! Just give me Evil Dead 4/Army Of Darkness 2 with Raimi and Campbell!

The remake was decent, but they need to just leave it alone now.
                            Sorry man but it looks like a crossover is the only way we'll see a continuation from Army of Darkness.

I wonder if the sequel to this will add some humor like the sequel to the original did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                              Is Diablo Cody's dialog very noticeable in this or not really ?
                              i think not really. i read some where that a lot of her script contributions didn't make the final cut.

If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                              Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                              So frightened of dying
                              Relax, yes, I’m trying
                              But fear's got a hold on me

Comment

• Thought of some other things l didn't like about the movie. l was gonna post about them, but apparently anyone who objects to this movie is a "Troll".

*slowly crawls back under bridge*

Comment

Working...
                                X