The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
    Is Diablo Cody's dialog very noticeable in this or not really ?
    Most of the dialogue in the movie was pretty weak, but I didn't detect any of her trademark trendy hipster bullshit.

Honestly, I forgot she even had anything to do with the movie.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
      Most of the dialogue in the movie was pretty weak, but I didn't detect any of her trademark trendy hipster bullshit.

Honestly, I forgot she even had anything to do with the movie.
      That's good, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
        There were a couple of wtf lines, but only 1 or 2... The dialogue was alright but certainly not the focus.

Also, the people who are saying this wasn't that gory HAVE to have to seen a different edit than me... sure it isn't THE most violent and gory film ever made but it was nasty as fuck. I think its one of the bloodiest horror movies I've ever seen.

Dead Alive, Poultrygeist (hell must Troma movies), and maybe a few others have more or just as much blood as this...
        Last edited by The Revelator; 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Was anyone else disappointed that [SPOILER]"cut it" from the trailer became "don't cut it" in the film? I thought the deadite would've been much creepier if she had been actually chanting "cut it"[/SPOILER].
          57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Cody isn't even credited on the final film and I didn't notice any of her type of dialogue.

Friends of mine (who really liked the movie) were really pissed that the "we're going to get you" was cut from the final film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
              The whole 5 souls thing is one of the standout points of stupidity in this pretty terrible movie.

[SPOILER]Mia was killed before her brother was killed, which, according to the kid with the glasses, should have cleansed everything and ended the "ritual" or whatever. They allotted themselves a giant loophole by allowing her to be buried alive when the other two choices were burning and dismemberment, obviously much more permanent fixtures. Then, she gets dug up and revived without any sort of brain damage even though she was underground with a fucking bag over her head. Then the brother dies and this somehow allows this Abomination thing to come out of the ground? So are we now saying that Mia doesn't have a soul? And what the fuck is this Abomination thing? Some dirty man with no shirt? Not even a little bit scary. And apparently he has no powers because he can't do anything except for crawl after Mia and then get chainsawed. Even the raining blood was dumb to me. "How can we top the amount of blood from the original? How about lets make it rain blood for no reason."[/SPOILER]

That was just a stream of thought so it may not make much sense, but it is just a small portion of my dislike for this movie and an example of stuff that just didn't make any sense or was completely uninspired.
              I admit that [SPOILER]Mia coming back, alive, can throw a wrench in the logic, that they were trying to convey. It made sense, perfectly, there's just one instance (when mia comes back alive) that can be confusing, that's it. Also, you say the film is uninspred, well lets look back at that same sequence in which he buries his sister alive..... This guy has been getting chased, and beaten, and whatever else by demons the whole movie, and instead of just strapping up to defeat the demons, A La Ash from ED1, the film actually takes into account, that David's a mechanic (which was established early on in the film), and has him create a car battery operated defib, to revive her after she reaches the point of death (which has also been done to Mia before, which was also established earlier in the film)

You say the demon had no powers... I clearly see the demon lift a fucking jeep up with one arm. The only power those demons ever had, was super strength. Did you want it to start flying, and shoot lazer beams out of its eyes or something?

A lot of what you said, is complete nit picking, but you are entitled to your opinion. "How can we top the amount of blood from the original? Lets make it rain blood for no reason!" Me personally, I would've been offended if this movie wasn't bloody to the max. Can you give a reason of why raining blood was actually bad? Better Question. When Ash shoots his hand in the wall, and the shit spews red, and then black blood at him, was your first thought "This doesn't make sense?" If so, stop watching Evil Dead movies. It doesn't have to make sense, seeing as demons in the woods, and rape trees make no sense either.[/SPOILER]

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post

I actually felt like it could've delivered more with the gore, too. The person I went with who isn't a horror fan at all (and hates gory stuff) even said they expected it to be "worse" than it was. Maybe the uncut DVD will deliver the goods.
              The only reason people expect more gore, is because we all keep hyping it up. And also, because DTV movies have a shit ton of practical effects these days. Can you honestly tell me a theater film with more blood and gore, than this? It's uncommon for a theatrical release, but people won't put that into perspective, I guess.

Not poking you, I too thought it was have more, but I wasn't dissatisfied with the end product which is what some people are saying. The movie is bloody as fuck!

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
              You know, now that you mention that, I totally forgot that she was involved, but there may have been 1 or 2 lines in there that had her seal of approval on it, if I remember.

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
              Thought of some other things l didn't like about the movie. l was gonna post about them, but apparently anyone who objects to this movie is a "Troll".

*slowly crawls back under bridge*
              It's your forum too, man, post your opinions. Sounds like you're afraid of being ridiculed more than anything else. I think them calling him a troll is because of his one sentence posts "You aren't missing much blah blah blah"

Comment

• Seriously if you hate this movie then why the fuck would you watch it in the first place? This is what an Evil Dead movie is supposed to be. I fucking enjoyed it and thought it was bloody as fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                  Was anyone else disappointed that [SPOILER]"cut it" from the trailer became "don't cut it" in the film? I thought the deadite would've been much creepier if she had been actually chanting "cut it"[/SPOILER].
                  Yeah I was disappointed that that and what Geek described weren't in the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                    I admit that [SPOILER]Mia coming back, alive, can throw a wrench in the logic, that they were trying to convey. It made sense, perfectly, there's just one instance (when mia comes back alive) that can be confusing, that's it. Also, you say the film is uninspred, well lets look back at that same sequence in which he buries his sister alive..... This guy has been getting chased, and beaten, and whatever else by demons the whole movie, and instead of just strapping up to defeat the demons, A La Ash from ED1, the film actually takes into account, that David's a mechanic (which was established early on in the film), and has him create a car battery operated defib, to revive her after she reaches the point of death (which has also been done to Mia before, which was also established earlier in the film)

You say the demon had no powers... I clearly see the demon lift a fucking jeep up with one arm. The only power those demons ever had, was super strength. Did you want it to start flying, and shoot lazer beams out of its eyes or something?

A lot of what you said, is complete nit picking, but you are entitled to your opinion. "How can we top the amount of blood from the original? Lets make it rain blood for no reason!" Me personally, I would've been offended if this movie wasn't bloody to the max. Can you give a reason of why raining blood was actually bad? Better Question. When Ash shoots his hand in the wall, and the shit spews red, and then black blood at him, was your first thought "This doesn't make sense?" If so, stop watching Evil Dead movies. It doesn't have to make sense, seeing as demons in the woods, and rape trees make no sense either.[/SPOILER]
                    Amen to that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                      Cody isn't even credited on the final film and I didn't notice any of her type of dialogue.

Friends of mine (who really liked the movie) were really pissed that the "we're going to get you" was cut from the final film.
                      I actually didn't mind that... I liked that it was in the trailer to get fans excited but they didn't have any reason to show you a shiny new version of same old scenes in the film itself. I really didn't notice until after the movie and my buddy mentioned it on the ride home.

Also all of this

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post

The only reason people expect more gore, is because we all keep hyping it up. And also, because DTV movies have a shit ton of practical effects these days. Can you honestly tell me a theater film with more blood and gore, than this? It's uncommon for a theatrical release, but people won't put that into perspective, I guess.

Not poking you, I too thought it was have more, but I wasn't dissatisfied with the end product which is what some people are saying. The movie is bloody as fuck!

You know, now that you mention that, I totally forgot that she was involved, but there may have been 1 or 2 lines in there that had her seal of approval on it, if I remember.

It's your forum too, man, post your opinions. Sounds like you're afraid of being ridiculed more than anything else. I think them calling him a troll is because of his one sentence posts "You aren't missing much blah blah blah"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
                        Seriously if you hate this movie then why the fuck would you watch it in the first place? This is what an Evil Dead movie is supposed to be. I fucking enjoyed it and thought it was bloody as fuck.
                        This doesn't make any sense. How can you know whether or not you like a movie without having seen it first?

Comment

• Looks like I've got to wait a while, since it doesn't get released until June over here...

Comment

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                            but apparently anyone who objects to this movie is a "Troll".

*slowly crawls back under bridge*
                            Same rule applies to people who don't like "Cabin In The Woods". Amusing..

Like "The Thing" remake & Zombie's Halloween" I'm not ever bothering with this. On the bright side "Crimson Peak" is only about two years away..

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                            Jurassic World - 7/10
                            Speed - 8.5/10
                            John Wick - 9.5/10
                            The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                            Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• while i loved this flick, i don't think anyone who deosn'tlike it is a troll. i mean, that'd be stupid. art is subjective. this clusterfuck of bloody mayhem is no different. i have no difficulty understanding the points aginst this movie. personally, i don't care if the book said they needed ten thousand souls, but as a filmgoer i could only account for 9,999, but that's just me. and yes, [SPOILER]blood rain is silly, that japanese-remak-lookin-thing at the end was a little "um, where the fuck that come from?" [/SPOILER], but i don't care. it was fucking cool. i'm easy...

[YOUTUBE]Tyl2n74I14c[/YOUTUBE]

Wes Craven, RIP
                              1939-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                                while i loved this flick, i don't think anyone who deosn'tlike it is a troll. i mean, that'd be stupid. art is subjective.
                                Leave it to nancylives to attempt to defuse a situation. I applaud you really, you're one of the few who doesn't take an unwavering stance on one side or the other. Anyways, ive struggled with whether i should be annoyed or like this film. Im ganna give it another shot, hopefully this weekend. I have been softening my stance on not being a fan. There were some absolutely intense scenes that make me cringe when i am trying to fall asleep even a week later.
                                All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X