No announcement yet.

The Evil Dead (2013) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I realized it may be a little over hyped, but its still pretty awesome! I was kind of hoping for some comedy (like the original, but I didn't expect it).

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
      This doesn't make any sense. How can you know whether or not you like a movie without having seen it first?
      It makes complete sense. This movie is exactly what Evil Dead should be. If you didn't like it that means you don't like the Evil Dead series. So why bother watching?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
        It makes complete sense. This movie is exactly what Evil Dead should be. If you didn't like it that means you don't like the Evil Dead series. So why bother watching?
        I dont think this movie was anything like any of the movies in the franchise.And i am sure some where someone who loves the original ED dislikes this movie. It is impossible to tether them together.
        All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
          Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
          I dont think this movie was anything like any of the movies in the franchise.And i am sure some where someone who loves the original ED dislikes this movie. It is impossible to tether them together.
          The remake is nothing like the originals. FACT.

Comparing it to the original films is just silly to me. It's a remake but it's more of a re-imagining (The Thing, The Fly). The movie tries to be a gory, entertaining and badass horror flick and it succeeds in all of these categories.

If Alvarez wanted to "stay true" to the original tone and feel of the original films the movie would've been a catastrophic failure.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Fuck, looks like the rumours are true.

This is only getting a very limited theatrical run over here.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226618359735

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
              Fuck, looks like the rumours are true.

This is only getting a very limited theatrical run over here.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226618359735
              This is just downright retarded. Why then even screen it at all?
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                This is just downright retarded. Why then even screen it at all?
                Everyone is going nuts about this and deservedly so.

Sony are saying that it's too hard to market an R rated film, which is bullshit because every other major R rated film released here has received a theatrical release. Lucky for me I live in one of the cities screening it.

Comment

• Its a solid remake .. I have no real complaints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post

Sony are saying that it's too hard to market an R rated film, which is bullshit because every other major R rated film released here has received a theatrical release.
                    It is above all bullshit because this film grossed already tons of money in the US, proving their point just the opposite. Pretty shallow those Sony guys.
                    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Will hopefully see this again Monday night. It'll be my 5th time watching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                        Will hopefully see this again Monday night. It'll be my 5th time watching it.
                        Damn son! You're getting it in with this one hah.

I enjoyed the hell out of it, but there was some shit that annoyed me and there was only one moment that made me jumpy and it wasn't even one of the better moments. The gore was fantastic, the cliches were hilarious, it was good to see the Raimi chase cam in there as well as the tree scene and the long haired dude in the glasses also cracked me up.

I need to see it again, but as of now it's a 7/10 for me.

Comment

You are a damn maniac.
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I'm curious Iggy, is there any horror movies or just movies in general that has made you go see it over and over again?
                            “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

I hate you.

Comment

Damn! I'm going again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X