No announcement yet.

Society (1992)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this on DVD, also it came as a double feature with Spontaneous Combustion! I really enjoyed the 80's vibe to it!

Comment

Great trippy movie. Sick and bizarre, but totally fun. Dad's head popping into a hand is my fav scene.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Lowe View Post
        Yes, the orgy scene is great, but the rest is very MEH.
        This. The lead-up to the orgy scene is damn near interminable, and there's a lot of bone-headed humor in the first few reels that does not work.

That said, the climax redeems the picture and makes it worth watching, if hardly the must-see people in this thread proclaim it to be.

If you want real body-horror-comedy done right, stick with Raimi and Jackson and Gordon.
        READ ME AT horror films 101
        03/28/12 - Feature: Candle Cove
        03/26/12 - Review: The Maker of Gargoyles (Clark Ashton Smith)
        03/04/12 - Review: The Video Dead (Robert Scott)

Comment

Society

I posted about this in Golden Age of Horror, I was wondering why it wasnt posted. I went by the year of 1989, even though it was not released in the US in 1992.

This is a great movie, I first saw clips on this movie on a show called MTV This is Horror back in the 80s. Me and my cousin were both like WTF is this, we must see this movie!!!

No wonder we grew up wiht problems lol.

Comment

ending is gross but also makes no sense

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/

Comment

Watched it today. Loved it, fantastic ending and a tremndous buildup to the revelation.

Comment

This film is so under-rated. I came about it by accident when I was trawling through IMDb and saw the poster which immediately grabbed my eye because it was so disturbing! Then I hunted through Ebay and Amazon to find a cheap one (it's quite hard to find) and I absolutely loved it! I've never seen anything quite like it and what a finale! One of th ebest horror finales I've seen (at least the most memorable). It has a wonderful build-up and seriously surreal moments. The theme song is also quite creepy! This needs to be seen by more people!

9/10

""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                  I've never seen anything quite like it and what a finale! One of the best horror finales I've seen (at least the most memorable). It has a wonderful build-up and seriously surreal moments. The theme song is also quite creepy! This needs to be seen by more people!

9/10
                  I watched this many years ago but remember the insane gooey gore of the finale. I also remember the bit from the cover "look, I'm an ass!" *blows raspberry*

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    I watched this many years ago but remember the insane gooey gore of the finale. I also remember the bit from the cover "look, I'm an ass!" *blows raspberry*
                    Yeah that was funny! Although I believe it was something more along the lines of, "I guess you're right, I am a butt head!" [SPOILER]Referencing earlier when Billy Warlock called his dad a Butthead [/SPOILER]
                    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X