Fright Night (2011) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fright Night (2011) Remake

Since this is actually going to happen, what do you think? I am a big fan of this film and don't see how they could make it any better. Is there any 80's horror movie that could be better as a remake?
    sigpic
    Check out our family of horror sites www.drgoremans.com Rent rare horror movies at www.scareflicks.com and watch our web shows on Blip Support Independent Horror!!

I hate this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Goreman View Post
      Since this is actually going to happen, what do you think? I am a big fan of this film and don't see how they could make it any better. Is there any 80's horror movie that could be better as a remake?
      Oh yeah! They could fill it full of CGI and use annoying teenybopper actors who can't act, use really annoying shit music, and put a pretentious twist of an ending to try to make it "their own" I can't fucking wait!

Comment

No wonder the horror genre gets a bad name, remaking (and failing to do so well) already good movies.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
        2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
        3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
        4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
        5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
        6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
        7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
        8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
        9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
        10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

I am a great fan of Fright Night and like it the way it is, but if they do make it i will give it a watch, but it will never be as good as the original.
          Frighttttttttt Nighttttttttttt.......... For Real

Comment

Only one word can sum up my feelings on the matter: BALLS.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy View Post
              Only one word can sum up my feelings on the matter: BALLS.
              Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
                Oh yeah! They could fill it full of CGI and use annoying teenybopper actors who can't act, use really annoying shit music, and put a pretentious twist of an ending to try to make it "their own" I can't fucking wait!
                ..same thing i was thinking.. ugh.

"We're so precious, aren't we? Everyone's gotta live, everyone's gotta be happy. It's a joke. It's an absolute joke. Evan, that's what you didn't get. You think people are equal? They're not..
                They're not."

Comment

Is there a link to any news? Or is it just speculation at this point?

Not doubting the OP, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
                    Don't forget the cameo by one of the original cast so everyone can go "Oh dude...did you see whatshisface from the original in the background as the security guard
                    ?....so awesome bro."

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
                      Is there a link to any news? Or is it just speculation at this point?

Not doubting the OP, just curious.
                      Marti Noxon (Buffy, Angel, Mad Men) is penning it.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18084

Comment

You guys are too funny.

Comment

Remakes Suck

That is one thing I despise most about modern day horror. It's bad enough the level of inventiveness and effort has seemingly decreased since the 80's, but alll these remakes are just entirely unnecessary and inferior to the originals. I guess it'll give underground/independent filmmakers the jump on things. Well, that's my optimistic view. There have been many diamonds in the rough, but in general, I'm usually disappointed with what mainstream horror has to offer. And I usually never give bad reviews. I like to see the good in things. But these over-produced remakes are just poisoning the horror market with useless ideas. Sad.

Comment

Considering that most horror remakes fail miserably you have got to wonder why the hell they keep making them. I can undertasnd perhaps attempting to remake a really hsitty horror film from 30 years ago, but the original Fright Night is an actual good horror film that works. Is it because of the whole vampire trend?
                            My review of The Skull over at Horror Movie Empire
                            http://horrormovieempire.com/reviews/?p=25

Follow my Tweets...
                            http://twitter.com/Horror_Crypt

Comment

OHHH I'm soooo excited about this! I hope they fill it with unnecessary CGI and terrible young annoying actors!
                              I can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                              X