No announcement yet.

Red Riding Hood (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care what people are saying about this being a Twilight "feel", I think this will be a great take, on an old horror fairy tale. I mean how bad could it be? It has Gary Oldman (Bram Stoker's - Dracula) and the lovely Amy Seyfried from Jennifer's Body.
    "You're no crazier than most people, prolly a little too sane if anything." Willowfang

Comment

Any other opinions on this? Doesn't seem like many people have seen it.
      I like Shiloh Fernandez and was thinking of watching it this week.

Comment

I kind of liked it but I'd consider it horror only in the very loosest sense of the word. It was more action/romance/teen.

Comment

Originally posted by mary. View Post
          I kind of liked it but I'd consider it horror only in the very loosest sense of the word. It was more action/romance/teen.

hmmm, yeah I didn't think it was scary.
          So what would you rate it out of 10?

Comment

Originally posted by ruemorgue View Post
            hmmm, yeah I didn't think it was scary.
            So what would you rate it out of 10?
            Probably a 7.5.

Comment

I had high hopes for this movie. So much potential. (they should've used my script instead *chuckle*)

I haven't seen it yet, mainly as most reviews (media and the individuals) have bagged it. Maybe one day when I'm at a loose end I'll watch it and make up my own mind. Such a pity though.

Comment

Yep, it had a lot of potential. It's too bad it wasn't very good. I'd give it a 5/10.
                Shiloh Fernandez gets a 10/10. He looked amazing
                Really though, his acting was so much better in Dead Girl.
                He was in the movie 'RED' too which was Jack Ketchums story.
                Now that was a good film.

Comment

Originally posted by boy, interrupted View Post
                  Looks decent. Loving that new Fever Ray song in the trailer too.
                  They have 2 Fever Ray songs in the film that I liked.

Comment

I was unfortunate enough to take my daughter to see this and holy shit it was horrendous....

Imagine someone tryng to copy Twilight but making it a 100 times worse...

Gary Oldman is wasted in this watered down mess, the only thing it had "going" for it was it's cinematography, which was superb.

Comment

Shiloh Fernandez gets a 10/10. He looked amazing
                      Why didn't you tell me before? I'll send you his phone number *grin*

Really though, his acting was so much better in Dead Girl.
                      He was in the movie 'RED' too which was Jack Ketchums story.
                      Now that was a good film.
                      Aye, he was good in Dead Girl. Difficult role too. Haven't seen Red yet, but I do like the script/story. About time animals were "revenged" (is that a proper word?) and not just "screaming for two hours in a movie" humans *lol*

Comment

Originally posted by darkcore View Post
                        Why didn't you tell me before? I'll send you his phone number *grin*

Aye, he was good in Dead Girl. Difficult role too. Haven't seen Red yet, but I do like the script/story. About time animals were "revenged" (is that a proper word?) and not just "screaming for two hours in a movie" humans *lol*

I think you mean 'avenged'.
                        Yep, it's a good story. I recommend the book too.

(+ hurry up with his phone number!)

Comment

I think you mean 'avenged'.
                          Yep, it's a good story. I recommend the book too.

(+ hurry up with his phone number!)
                          Before I send you his number do you mind if I send him your signature photo of you shopping? Only fair he knows what you look like. I mean, how can he not like that great smile of yours?

Comment

saw this today, and was rather lukewarm on it. not sure i liked it.

Comment

Lame.

Comment

"Red Riding Hood"........An ok werewolf movie. Could have used a hell of alot more bloodI(I mean ALOT more) and flesh ripping scenes. The production design is awesome and direction by Catherine Hardwicke(Twilight) is good. Amanda Seyfried is pretty good in the lead role and I really liked the supporting turns by Gary Oldman and Julie Christie.

5/10

Comment

Working...
                                X