Insidious (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent Panic View Post
    I think because the first 3/4ths of the movie were full of suspense and great moments of being scared. I relished those moments... I jumped a lot and it didn't feel 'cheap'.

However, the movie's tone started to become whimsical and I can see how that would turn people off. Maybe they were trying for more of a creepy, unnerving tone.. but it really came off as slightly comical.

However, with that said, I still think the movie was phenomenal and one of the best to come out in 2011.
    Yeah, you could be right. Luckily for me I found it really fun and I think the ending is very creepy!
    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I watched this movie for the first time (all the way through) today & I love it through and through. I don't have a problem with the second half at all because it's something different, & intriguing. The execution of it all also helped, imo.

Comment

• I love this film because it's actually something which is a bit different. I do wish the second half had remained as jumpy as the first but it did give the film some fun and there was a lot of creative vision clear behind it which was great.
        People slate this film too much bah.
        What is an angel but a ghost in drag?

Comment

• I'm completely fine with the second half. I, per se, wouldn't change much, if anything. This is the only horror movie I can remember that presented the idea of astral projection & then pulled it off in a fascinating way that caught the eye.

Comment

• I thought the movie was brilliantly shot, the soundtrack was absolutely excellent as well for the entirety of the movie. I don't know, if a film starts off being really jumpy I always feel a bit let down when it stops after a certain point and the suspense is gone.
            What is an angel but a ghost in drag?

Comment

• I thought the suspense was handled pretty well, and looking back I don't have many, if any gripes with the movie. Some dislike the "ghostbuster" esque group that gets brought in, but I thought it added some levity that the movie needed for that point in time.

Comment

Working...
              X