Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sherri looks like she's been on the hammer. Very skinny. She needs a feed.

    Comment


    • Still, regardless of her being skinnier than before, I'm looking forward to seeing what her performance brings. Imo, she's improved with each movie, so hopefully that holds true here as well.

      Comment


      • Generally speaking I find it pretty bold to judge or even condemn (not necessarily here) a whole movie just by the looks and glimpses visualized in a trailer or teaser. They give at best a pretaste what the movie will look like. Contentwise, not so much.

        Found this:


        Is this official? Seems so.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

        Comment


        • So I guess Sherri is the main character of the film?

          Oh, boy...

          My DVD's/Blu's

          Comment


          • Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
            So I guess Sherri is the main character of the film?

            Oh, boy...
            Yep.

            She's in just about every fucking scene. I don't mind her as a support character so It'll be interesting to see if she can carry a whole film.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
              Generally speaking I find it pretty bold to judge or even condemn (not necessarily here) a whole movie just by the looks and glimpses visualized in a trailer or teaser. They give at best a pretaste what the movie will look like. Contentwise, not so much.

              Found this:


              Is this official? Seems so.
              Yeah I saw the poster the other day along with the trailer. I didnt post it because I was thinking it had already been posted here.

              Comment


              • It looks like cool imagery, but... I don't hold much to a plot for Rob. I also figure if I keep my expectations low then I can only be surprised... right?

                Comment


                • Well, imo, Rob doesn't usually skim on the plot. The Devil's Rejects (his strongest work to date) was very well done all around from the characters to the story, & the Director's Cut of H2 offers a much stronger plot as well because the ideas that were only introduced in the T-Cut are fully explored in greater detail.

                  With that said, I think this will do just fine in terms of story. Zombie knows what he's doing.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                    Well, imo, Rob doesn't usually skim on the plot. The Devil's Rejects (his strongest work to date) was very well done all around from the characters to the story, & the Director's Cut of H2 offers a much stronger plot as well because the ideas that were only introduced in the T-Cut are fully explored in greater detail.

                    With that said, I think this will do just fine in terms of story. Zombie knows what he's doing.
                    This.

                    H2, Director's Cut or not is still shit though.


                    Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post

                      H2, Director's Cut or not is still shit though.
                      His Halloween movies are terrible. He was such the wrong choice to tackle that franchise. Haddonfield meets truck stop just doesn't work for me.

                      Hopefully things improve with this new film.

                      Comment


                      • Nah, his Halloween movies weren't bad. His remake wasn't perfect, but it's not the worst remake out there, or horror/slasher movie either. H2 was a massive step up, & the most original movie in the series since John Carpenter's masterpiece. I don't see how people are perfectly fine with Halloween 5 & Resurrection, but have a problem with Zombie's two movies. Bitch about the movies that are actually bad. haha

                        Comment


                        • A short clip has been posted here.

                          Plus the official poster:

                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

                          Comment


                          • The clips I've seen so far aren't really doing it for me. In fact, they look a bit silly. Hopefully the film as a whole, isn't.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                              The clips I've seen so far aren't really doing it for me. In fact, they look a bit silly. Hopefully the film as a whole, isn't.
                              Jepp, the last clip seemed pretty cheesy.
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                                A short clip has been posted here.

                                Plus the official poster:

                                Pretty, pretttty, prettttttty........terrible.

                                Seriously, that looks like a photoshop job, made by a ten year old.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X